NXT Takeover 11 on BrendenPlayz!

The top superstars of NXT compete on the big stage of NXT Takeover in its eleventh edition on BrendenPlayz
Watch Here

New Total Extreme Wrestling Series!

Create a character or use your forums gimmick and sign up to the new series! Have YOUR character booked in the game and featured on BrendenPlayz streams.
Join

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Attitude Era Total Extreme Wrestling!

Go back in time and change history! Watch as BrendenPlayz books the World Wrestling Federation as they attempt to fend off WCW from taking the top spot in the wrestling business.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
FDS

Sami Zayn VS Bobby Lashley

20180528_MITB_Lashley_Zayn--4c014e736a42

Bobby Lashley and Sami Zayn will clash at WWE Money in the Bank in a highly personal showdown for family honor and vertigo retribution.

In case you've missed it, Zayn has been harboring a bit of a grudge against Bobby Lashley, who he believes has gone out of his way to embarrass him by returning to Raw on the same night that Zayn arrived on Team Red. Furthermore, Lashley executed a stalling suplex so savage that it gave Zayn the first documented case of vertigo in WWE history, at least according to Sami.

Proclaiming himself to be the recipient of Lashley’s personal victimization, the former NXT Champion disputed the notion that Lashley was the type of kind-hearted family man he proclaimed himself to be during a sit-down interview with Renee Young. In fact, Zayn claimed to have gotten the real dirt on Lashley by contacting the powerful Superstar’s three sisters — a truth he promised to unveil by bringing them to Raw.

Instead of producing the sisters, however, Zayn hired three men to dress up like Lashley’s siblings in an effort to sully the reputation of the returning Superstar. Though Lashley first took the move in stride, the unrelenting mockery by Zayn eventually led to the former ECW Champion pummeling the impostors, while Zayn scurried away to the relative safety of the entrance ramp.

Following an insincere apology from Zayn the following week, Lashley proposed that they settle their issues like men in a one-on-one matchup at WWE Money in the Bank. Although the two competitors shook hands, Zayn issued a warning that he will Helluva Kick the smile off Lashley’s face. In response, Lashley squeezed Zayn’s hand in painful fashion in order to send the message that their imminent encounter will be all business. 

Will Lashley get retribution on Zayn for mocking his family? Who will be smiling at WWE Money in the Bank? Find out Sunday, June 17, at 8/7 C on the award-winning WWE Network!

WWE.com

I am really surprised by the chemistry between Sami Zayn and Bobby Lashley as I never thought that they could have a feud together. I know the general consensus on this feud is that it's stupid & unnecessary and that the segment with Lashley's fake sisters last week was terrible however I am really enjoying it. And I think that the segment last week was supposed to generate heat to make Zayn look more like a legitimate psychological threat to Lashley. I am predicting Bobby Lashley to win this match.

I actually think this will be a great match and while many aren’t to keen on it simply based off that horrible segment, I honestly feel like the low part of this feud is tha Lashley is possibly the most clean cut babyface on RAW next to Bobby Roode. After following what a great heel he was in IMPACT and even a good babyface, I’m surprised that they’ve made him just so generic, especially in today’s times were the crowd often turn on these character types. Many believe Lashley wins here however I actually see Zayn stealing a victory to further pogress the feud. 

Some of the writing in this feud has been some of the shittiest, cornball stuff I've seen in years. Not to mention the classy bit of transphobia. But to be fair Sami has shown some really strong mic skills and it's obvious both guys are trying hard to make this work. I'm assuming Lashley wins here but I really hope that doesn't just leave Sami with nothing to do and nowhere to go, cause as I've said time and time again, the man deserves to be at the top of this business.