WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Royal Rumble

The Road to Wrestlemania kicks off with the Royal Rumble PPV, LIVE on the WWE Network!
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Check out the NEW Series of Total Extreme Wrestling available on Youtube & Twitch
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Want to create your own promos and a wrestling character? Join "Kayfabe" today!
Sign in to follow this  
FDS

Mythical Beast Battle 2 - Bringing it back, New Rules and Ideas

Mythical Beast Battle 2: Why am I bringing this back? (and for the new people) What is This? 

Well it's been a while since I originally did this and since them i've expanded my knowledge on Mythical Beasts and Myths in general so i figured now would be a good time to bring it back and i've been a bit bored lately so this should give me an interesting way to demonstrate my knowledge on these subjects as well as do long term projects that aren't boring as shit like in 50% of my HSC assignments.

Now what is this for you new people, Mythical beast Battle originally was a series of different comparisons between different mythical beasts with a varying theme each week and i would allow for other people to select which creatures would face which as long as they were in accordance to that weeks theme but i'll be doing things a bit differently. 

What's Changing and Whats staying?

So I figured that the last time i did this that it would take too long to do to wait for people to give me suggestions, then research said suggestions etc etc so instead this time every 2 battles I will allow for you guys to pick one of the beasts in the battle for that week, also It will now be in a tournament style bracket in order to determine the best mythical beast for what i'm dividing up into seasons with the winner of each bracket then facing off against the current champion, also we will no longer make it exclusive to just the mythical beasts of these myths as we will also be adding in the gods and demigods of these myths and legends to make it a bit more interesting however for these battles featuring gods and demigods we will most likely have them outside of tournament for the final change I will be doing this more often than weekly most likely maybe upping it to twice a week. To what's staying the same we'll be keeping the themes for each battle as I think it'd be boring to have the kraken against the minotaur which just ends cuz the minotaur drowns and the format will most likely stay the same with a few additions to it but that's about it. So the first Battle is coming out on Friday I promise at it Will be....

Theme: Wolves and Dogs! 

Cerberus

P1EIIdOu9z8299uEGTQxTpWCP0zyEzwBCZpYqcbU

VS

Werewolf 

AcT0RB4A-pMkvCwlxWiOEVILR8RYuHoiCtahA41b

Finished this early so decided to drop it early.

Mythical Beast Battle Season 1 #1

Cerberus

Origin

The Cerberus was first depicted in ancient greece as the 3 headed hell hound guardian of Hades, offspring of Echidna (not the australian animal) a half woman half snake and Typhon a monsterous serpentine giant.

Greek Underworld aka Hades

Most Common Myth Surrounding it

The cerberus is most commonly known as the guardian of the river styx and first appears in the 12 trials/labours of hercules with the Cerberus being the 12th trial being subdued but not killed by hercules.

Strengths

• Mane of Snakes, most likely venomous

• Heightened strength

• Venomous bite in some accounts

• Long, sharp teeth

• Immortal

• Control over Fire

Weakness(es)

• Weakness is being overpowered

• That's it.

• You can’t kill it.

Werewolf

AcT0RB4A-pMkvCwlxWiOEVILR8RYuHoiCtahA41b

Origin

A shapeshifting Human that when under a full moon transforms into a lycanthrope or werewolf usually due to being bitten or scratched by another lycanthrope or via being cursed by a witch. Emerged in early nordic folklore.

Most of Europe

No most common myth, demonstrated in multiple different myths and mediums. Most common pop culture depictions include The Harry Potter and Twilight franchises.

Strengths

• Superhuman Strength, speed, reflexes, agility, dexterity, coordination, balance, durability, stamina

• Heightened senses

• Ability to inflict lycanthropism onto other humans

• Regenerative healing factor

Weakness(es)

• Vary depending on werewolf but usually silver

• If the moon becomes covered or is no longer full then the transformation ceases

• Not immortal.

Overall Decision

I forgot how overpowered the Cerberus actually is when i came up with this battle to be honest. All things considered with all the abilities stacked up they seem equal… until we get to the weaknesses. The Werewolf’s list of weaknesses while not long is still quite a problem for the beast compared to the cerberus. The werewolf would be on a timer as once the moon disappears from the sky he’s back to being a human and if the werewolf hasn’t overpowered the cerberus by that point he’s dog, snake thing food. I’d say the cerberus would have this battle won quite decisively with its venomous bite not even needing to being considered which could easily kill the Werewolf within one bite as well as it possibly being set on fire and burnt to death as we are unsure of the effects of fire on a werewolf however i believe the cerberus’ animal like tendecies and nature would cause for it to defeat the werewolf within this first fight.

Winner: Cerberus

Next Battle: Horses… Kinda.

Unicorn

UofvarqBPCFBerh_U6qDRhoCDCPl4_0vDIlRqtcg

VS

Pegasus

g241GJ5-XyDzBHytgB4ba4pXL1zdn60jyKIJrnHu

Mythical Beast Battle Season 1 #2

Unicorn

Origin

The unicorn has multiple origins but the most early one originates from indus valley civilization in south asia however the unicorn that we are most aware of originates in the United Kingdom and is even displayed on the coat of arms.

United Kingdom but also other versions are found across Asia and Europe

Unicorns would appear around virgins by willingly laying their heads in their laps.

Strengths

• Enhanced strengths of a regular horse

• Horn can be used to impale things

• Night vision

Weakness(es)

• No special abilities and thus can easily be killed

Pegasus

g241GJ5-XyDzBHytgB4ba4pXL1zdn60jyKIJrnHu

Origin

The unicorn originates from Greek mythology as the noble steed of multiple different heroes and gods including Perseus and Zeus

Greece and Mount Olympus

The winged horse tamed by perseus and used as his steed in order to help him defeat a sea monster threatening to destroy and the pegasus of Bellerophon which eventually became the pegasus of Zeus after Bellerophon tried to fly up to olympus due to him thinking he deserved to be there but Zeus had a bug bite the Pegasus bucking Bellerophon off falling to his death and flying up to Olympus to be zeus’ stead and carry his lighting bolts

Strengths

• Can fly

• Night Vision

• Enhanced horse strengths

Weakness(es)

• Again can be defeated quite easily due to it being a slightly more powerful horse

Overall Decision

Overall this is a very close battle with both having very similar strengths and weaknesses only difference being the horn and the wings respectively. I honestly believe that while the flight of the Pegasus is a useful ability within this battle the problem with it is that if the Pegasus flies full speed at the Unicorn the Unicorn may impale the pegasus with the horn and win the fight.

Winner: Unicorn!

Next Episode (fans Choice): Multiple Animals in One

Chimera

JSCrqENqK8Xy-JbeEtmgziQKyU8I4zZ35M0nt6kI

VS

Fans Choice Beast

Give me your submissions asap please. 

Mythical Beast Battle Season 1 #3

Chimera

Origin

The Chimera originates in Greek Mythology as An animal with 2 to 3 heads, the body of a lion, sometimes the wings of a dragon, a Snake as its Tail, the hind legs of a goat and always having the heads of a Lion and a Goat always female

Greece and Asia Minor

Found in the Theogony by Hesiod, the book of myths relating to gods. Usually said to have been slain by Bellerophon.

Strengths

• Breathes Fire

• Can Fly

• Can move quickly and can move over rocky terrain efficiently

• Physical strength of a lion

• Can attack from the front and back

Weakness(es)

• Only known weakness is Ice.

Manticore

76zRjgeY3O7CaWWoG6Bv8UM9sdkyj0A3EoGuzGGE

Origin

The Manticore originates in Greek Mythology, It is said to be a Lion with wings and a scorpion's tail.

The Jungles of India

The Hunting of the Manticore: A story by a greek writer Flavius Philostratus who talks about hunting the manticore and his partners falling one by one presumably to the manticore.

Strengths

• Enhanced Strengths of a Lion

• Powerful venomous sting

• Ability to fly

Weakness(es)

• Fire

• Sand

• Ice

• Dehydration

Overall Decision

The two beasts are very similar with different strengths and weaknesses but the issue comes with the Chimera only having a weakness to ice whereas the Manticore has multiple weaknesses including a weakness to fire which the Chimera is able to produce and it would seem that the venomous tails of both creatures would be a non factor since they would both take a sting or bite of venom thus the Fire being the weakness causes the Chimera to defeat the Manticore.

Winner: Chimera

Next Episode: Animal Gods

Fenrir

9BtBLLPVF8lO5fY8e2z9_3lmTm5nYhFWFPPLt2ci

VS

Apep

cyA9PyOTv3bTPqXieezisXBd3_Z2Hk2l3YLMDSjv

Sup its been a while i’m bringing this back but probably like every few weeks or when i have time to post it

Mythical Beast Battle Season 1 #4

Animal Gods

Fenrir

9BtBLLPVF8lO5fY8e2z9_3lmTm5nYhFWFPPLt2ci

Origin

Fenrir originates within Norse Religion being the son of the Trickster god Loki and the giantess Angrboda. He is a Giant wolf and the father of the two wolves Skoll and Hati.

Bound to a rock somewhere in norway

He’s the son of Loki and Giantess Angrboda, he was believed that due to his sheer unadulterated power that he would only become evil and was therefore bound to a rock with the use of magic chains that will only break when ragnarok comes.

Strengths

• Immortal (like most gods, this will, therefore, be discounted)

• Is Giant

• Limitless Growth

• Unlimited Strength

• Has the ability to eat the sun

Weaknesses

• Can be killed by giant magical boot (I am not joking that is how he’s supposed to die when Ragnarok happens)

• Due to being killed by giant magical boot likely not completely invulnerable

VS

Apep

Origin

Apep is the Egyptian god of Chaos. He is the opposite to what most of the gods seek to maintain being Ma’at meaning peace and is the arch-rival to the Egyptian god of the Sun Ra/Re and is usually said to have been birthed after Raw as the umbilical cord of Ra.

Somewhere in Egypt or if you watched the film “God’s of Egypt” he’s in a giant black void.

Most Common Myth Surrounding It

He is the opposite to Ra and was born as his direct opposite once being a part of him and is said to represent evil coming from ones inability to accept their mortality.

Strengths

• Hypnosis

• Can Fly

• Is technically impossible to kill

• Has the ability to eat the sun although has failed to

• Is also giant

• Can come back from the dead (seriously)

Weaknesses

• Can be wounded by divine weapons

Overall decision

The abilities these two match much better than I was expecting. Considering both can technically only be killed by divine weaponry causes for a difficulty in how the two may fall however in Fenrir’s case it less the weapons that kill him and more him being overpowered. Now while Apep can be killed and has been killed multiple times by Ra according to legend he has continuously revived himself and even on occasions gained control of Ra and all of his followers. This, therefore, means it is a possibility that Apep would hypnotise Fenrir into killing himself in some way, therefore, I will give this win to Apep. However, this is my decision reply your opinions on this battle below and give us some more recommendations for later.

Winner: Apep

Next Episode: Big Strong Bois

Minotaur

WSwEeWcnfbOpBQZHeJKlOSuJpOu4HjnCYLwx-4xL

VS

Cyclops

HU0UVkp8_lGzHLWmaxX9-riMd25ypJYq2AElPlR3

Mythical Beast Battle Season 1 #5

Big Strong Bois

Minotaur

Origin

The minotaur is believed to be the son of the wife of King Minos and a snow-white bull gifted to Minos by Poseidon. Minos was supposed to sacrifice the bull, however, found it too beautiful to do so, so Poseidon cursed Minos’ Wife to fall in love with the bull leading her to get herself impregnated by the bull.

Labyrinthe in Crete.

The minotaur was originally raised by Minos and his wife, however, his lust for human flesh caused him to have to be imprisoned in a labyrinth underneath the Minoan palace of Knossos. After the death of King Minos’ son in Athens Minos demanded 8 male and 8 female sacrifices every year to the minotaur from Athens. One of these men would be Theseus who would successfully slay the minotaur.

Strengths

• Super strength

• Super Speed

• Extreme Damage resistance

Weaknesses

• Can be killed by regular weaponry means

VS

Cyclops (not the X-men Character)

HU0UVkp8_lGzHLWmaxX9-riMd25ypJYq2AElPlR3

Origin

(for this we will be looking at Polyphemus the cyclops) Polyphemus was the son of Poseidon and Thoosa. He was both a giant and a Cyclops and was therefore sent the island of the cyclops (sicily)

Island of the Cyclops (Sicily)

Son of the God of the Sea and Thoosa and placed on the island of Sicily

Strengths

• Super Strength

• Giant

• Super Endurance

Weaknesses

• Impaired Vision

• Can be killed by regular weapons

Overall decision

Two Beasts in this matchup are very similar. Both the Cyclops and the Minotaur possess extremely high amounts of strength and while the Cyclops may have the size advantage on the Minotaur the Minotaur has been depicted as a very stealthy quick creature in his mythology. Overall I’d say due to the Minotaur outspeeding the Cyclops he could utilise the Cyclops’ visual impairment to take out the Cyclops and win the battle.

Winner: The Minotaur

Next Episode: The Ocean sucks right?

The Kraken

THKPyl7HeQq0bq8c8FJCdWUErezhrPTS-Y2QYGSI

VS

Charybdis (Aka giant whirlpool of Death)

dgJnYQ4CDWiP2OCZGdJqWbHSWzPINyrRsJOXm6gN

Mythical Beast Battle Season 1 #6

The Ocean sucks right?

The Kraken

THKPyl7HeQq0bq8c8FJCdWUErezhrPTS-Y2QYGSI

Origin

The Kraken is a long-standing folklore myth that spurned from people viewing the giant squid and other large sea creatures across the seas between Greenland and Norway.

The sea between Greenland and Norway

The Kraken’s main myth is that ships that pass over the top of it are likely to be taken and dragged down into the depths of the sea never to be seen again.

Strengths

• Is a Giant squid

• Quite damage resistant

• Has increased super

Weaknesses

• Is just a giant squid really

•  

VS

Charybdis (Aka giant whirlpool of Death)

Origin

The Charybdis originated in Greek mythology and is often paired with Scylla who lives in the island across from Charybdis.

Strait of Messina

Sailors would often have to choose which way to pass when passing the Strait of Messina with them either having to go near to the island and have Scylla devour a large amount of the crew members or have the entire crew be sucked into the Charybdis

Strengths

• As the ability to suck things all the way down to its stomach

• Can cause whirlpools  

Weaknesses

• According to Percy Jackson can cut open with a large amount of brute force from the inside

Overall decision

Well, I wish this was closer than it is but it's not. Charybdis wins easily because if the Kraken tried to fight this thing it would get eaten and die. Simple as that.

Winner: Charybdis

Next Episode: Godzilla counts as Mythology right?

Godzilla

m3gX2RH593Zk3kfje5-g_FcVC-WSZKMFUqxPDy6q

VS

The Thunderbird

a-FZcXTo3-NThmzrPjntWd89pRWFQiB-hiMW--dH

Godzilla counts as Mythology right?

Godzilla

Origin

Godzilla according to the movies, in this case, we will be going off of the 2014/monsterverse Godzilla as that is the one I am most familiar with, Godzilla is a prehistoric creature that feeds off of radiation and dwells in the ocean

Varies, usually the earth's oceans

Godzilla is woken up from slumber by scientists testing the atomic bomb, he then goes on to remain to awaken only returning to land when he comes into conflict with a threat to the earth aka Godzilla's habitat

Strengths

• Atomic Breathe

• Huge in size

• Able to remain underwater for a large amount of time

Weaknesses

• Quite slow

• Low intelligence

VS

The Thunderbird

a-FZcXTo3-NThmzrPjntWd89pRWFQiB-hiMW--dH

Origin

According to Native American Folklore, the Thunderbird has many origins depending on the tribe however the Ojibwe people believe that it was created by Nanabozho for the purpose of fighting underwater spirits.

According to the Menominee people it is located in a great mountain that floats in the sky.  

Was created by Nanabozho for the purpose of fighting underwater spirits.

Strengths

• Can Fly

• Has the ability to created thunderstorms by flapping its wings

Weaknesses

• Presumably not immortal

Overall decision

This battle is closer than believed since The Thunderbird would likely be able to avoid Godzilla's attack due to it being more agile and faster than the behemoth but overall Godzilla would defeat the Thunderbird most likely with atomic breathe.

Winner: Godzilla

Next Episode: That one AJ Styles theme song

Perseus

-ODii1_pd3mAeZVXo16YlvQeT-hrbFVZAErDK1Dh

VS

Hercules

17rp2t8F2KRrERRb3T5uf2JI5P47jV8wcJGpQkay

That One AJ Styles theme song

Perseus

-ODii1_pd3mAeZVXo16YlvQeT-hrbFVZAErDK1Dh

Origin

Greek, Son of Zeus & Danae

Mycenae

He is the hero to have slain Medusa then taken the head of Medusa to King Atlas after he didn’t show him hospitality earlier he turned him to stone using the head of Medusa (also founded Mycenae but I felt this was far more savage)  

Strengths

• Supernatural Traits (Strength, Agility, Speed etc)

• Has a large number of weapons gifted to him by gods such as the helm of hades which he used to turn invisible

Weaknesses

• Can be too optimistic? (Hard to say)

VS

Hercules

17rp2t8F2KRrERRb3T5uf2JI5P47jV8wcJGpQkay

Origin

Greek, Son of Zeus & Alkeme

Greece

The 12 trials of Hercules, he overcame many trials in order to seek his redemption after Hera sent him into a fit of rage causing him to kill many a person. The trials ended with Hercules making it to Hades by defeating the Cerberus, Hades would then release him from these labours.

Strengths

• Superhuman Traits

• Has a large number of weapons and tools collected over his trials

Weaknesses

• Lustful and Gluttonous

Overall decision

This is a very difficult decision because the two men literally have essentially no god damn weaknesses. Like for real, if there was a chick Hercules wanted to fuck then I guess Perseus could win but the problem is Perseus is respectful to those who haven’t wronged him so he wouldn’t strike him. This is the first time i’m ever going to do this but this one is a tie

Tie

Next Episode (GODS EDITION 2): DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN THUNDER!

Thor (not chris hemsworth)

qB7fhTRfbFxYVbkDBokq3n1-IEg_3lZoSo0wpk6B

VS

Zeus (not the dude from the Hulk Hogan Movie)

s5XnAX4DXfHCCVKHR_SyMSWpjqU-wzVDYWdlsp3c