Latest News
  • WWE 2k19 is here! Watch all the latest from BrendenPlayz on Youtube!
  • Follow @BrendenPlayz on Twitter to stay up to date with all things BPZ.
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
"The Killer" Angelo Caito

BPZ Match Rating Thread

So once apon a time, there was a little conversation in the lovely BPZ Discord chat about match ratings on the forums and was told "You should do it yourself." So I took that as a challenge and said "Ight I will". And to leave the guys match posts to be just the match, I made this thread for the ratings. Each match starts at a ** rating automatically and depending on the quality of the match and the story telling of the match will determine if the rating goes up or down. The max star rating is ***** but I'm sure there will be higher than ***** I'll say that right now. With the rating I'll explain why it got it's rating. So I'll start after Judgement Day unless you guys want to link some matches. Thank you and have a good day.

12 minutes ago, I Can't Odd said:

You should rate the debut of future Hall of Famer Buddy Ace where he gets put over massively by Flynn 😎

Ah yes, the match that made Buddy Ace a contender for anyone he faces. Buddy Ace's debut match up vs a legend of BPZ like Flynn and takes him to the limit and back is impressive. Targeting Flynn's knee early on and going after it with the post, attacks, and the legendary Figure Four Leg Lock was a great tactic used on the rookies behalf, which also effected Flynn's next round match against Sheridan. Flynn secures the win with a FKO, but after the match, Flynn showing Buddy Ace respect was shocking and amazing to see. A good match and great debut for a man with limtiless talents, Buddy Ace and a deserved win for Flynn. Great job guys.

9 minutes ago, Julius01 said:

Power Trip Cup Finals

**** 1/4

Very good match between ROA stablemates. Now going into the match, some thought Flynn would win and others thought Julius would win, so everyone in BPZ was 50/50. The match begins and Julius rams into Flynn to decimate him for the first near ten minutes. No joke the first ten minutes of this twenty two minute match was Julius destorying Flynn. Tossing him around the ring, powerslams and all, good showing from the former NXT Champion early on. Then Flynn manages to escape with a V-trigger and then looks like he got the control as he starts to beat on Julius. A suicide dive counter into a catch was impressive and Flynn's selling of all the moves Julius threw further pushed Julius in this match. Then the FKO from outta nowhere, the moment everyone thought it was over, and then he kicked out at two, being the second guy to do so shows the company's faith in him. The end was amazing with the three finsher combo to put the big man down and set Flynn vs Necce for the rematch we been wanting. Great work guys. 

1 hour ago, I Can't Odd said:

I'm ready for my five stars, sir

*** 3/4 A fast paced match and was good action indeed. However, a few flaws for me. Kicking out of big moves like that. It makes stuff like finishers look weak, which I never liked. I believe in kicking out of a fin once to add hype, not make it seem like a body slam. And the champion himself being pinned so early made Marker seem like he wasn't even suppose to be in the match. And by a roll up. Welp, there goes some credibility. And now to Jason Ryan vs Buddy Ace. I do agree with Ace winning as since his impressive match vs Flynn, he's been cranking it for since. The match was a nice little gem for a NXT match, best we seen in a while. 

1 hour ago, Bart said:

Want to see your thoughts on this 

**** 3/4 Jesus what a brawl. The build to this match was flawless as all four men brought in on the microphone and the bar segement is still one of my favorite in history. Now to the match. Chairs, tables, ladders, and even fire! Yes fire. MVP of the match for me was Geroge to be honest as he put on his best performance ever. From spots of a spike tombstone piledriver through the table, to ladders being thrown at faces, to beat down with chairs, to a wasteland through a burning freaking table.. from Bart to his own teammate. When Karico was laid out, Prince fighting for his life was a nice moment for him, and the shocking turn of Bart on George was nicely done and formed one of the most underrated group in recent history. Well done guys on a classic. 

1 hour ago, Storm said:

My first win, in BPZ!

*** A very short seven mintue match up, and a ruined momentum push for Mil Hades. Even after this match he went on that big ol rampage, losing like this ruined any chances of him being a threat. And now, where is he? I know the people in the back liked Storm at the time, who is a hard worker. It was a decent match at best and a punt to end it was enough for three stars. 

1 hour ago, Julius01 said:

****. A good little brawl between Julius and Jason Ryan, which happened to be the first true fight for Mr. Ryan's career. And first spot of this No DQ match is Jason Ryan litterally wrapping that steel chair around the head of Julius, denting the chair in.  Then Jason wrapping a steel rod around the throat of Julius was a clever idea on behalf of Ryan, and Julius easily breaking out of it was effy for me. A fine few more spots involve a Samoan Splash with a steel pipe crushing Ryan's throat then Jason powerbombing Julius on the apron.  When Jason was able to power Julius up that high with the crucifix sit out powerbomb it got me impressed. And to end the match, Julius locked in the Vice Grip with Jason passing out to win and secures my four star rating. Good work gentlemen. 

22 hours ago, Storm said:

**** 1/4. A very good match and Storm's best match in his BPZ career to date. A two out of three falls match vs the current Premium Champion when the former and new longest reigning United States Champion Bart vacated the title right before the match took place. Storm got the first fall with a catching cutter when he countered Echo's shooting star press into a three count. Echo then retaliated with his first fall when he hit the moonsault footstomp onto Storm for a three count. And the final fall comes via Storm when he nails a 630 senton for the three and becomes the new United States Champion. Congrats to Storm and well done on the improvement.

**** A good match between the Premium Champion Echo Wilson and Marker. Both men put it all out on the table and it paid off well for both men. A nice flip over senton over the ropes from Echo as well. Spot of the match was when Echo went for his moonsault footstomp but Marker catches in a leg submission hold. When Marker hit his Nail On The Coffin finisher, the theme song of the new World Heavyweight Champion, Julius, and Echo rolled him up for three. A good match and many now wonder where this leads for both Wilson and Marker. 

19 hours ago, Necce said:

*****. In my opinion, one of the greatest matches of all time. From watching the awe inspiring video package before hand got the hype at a high level, and it did not disappoint. The match was well paced, guys were flawless on their moves, Necce shocked us with another FKO kickout, and Flynn shocked us with a Raven Effect DDT kickout. Both men laid it all out, and in the end, it took a second FKO to put Necce away and for Flynn to win his second Universal Championship. Great story telling guys.