Latest News
  • Follow @BrendenPlayz on Twitter to stay up to date with all things BPZ.
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Sheridan

Lucha Underground | Robert Rodríguez

gAT1DcJ.jpg

Season 1 I Episode 25 I ''Entronizamiento''
Week 1, April 2015 I 21,400 viewers I El Rey Network I 45 Rating

6G7NWa6.png

ANGLE: Catrina holds celebration for Mil Muertes, Dario Cueto announces Prince Puma is injured I 43
Aero Star, Brian Cage and Taylor Made defeated Big Ryck, Cortez Castro and El Texano Jr. I 45
ANGLE: Marty Martinez introduces Mariposa to the world I 42
Mariposa Martinez and Marty Martinez defeated 
Angélico and Son of Havoc I 45
Fénix defeated Joey Ryan and Johnny Mundo I 66

gAT1DcJ.jpg

Season 1 I Episode 26 I ''The Crew''
Week 2, April 2015 I 22,060 viewers I El Rey Network I 43 Rating

3ghnEEg.png

Cortez Castro and El Texano Jr. defeated Dante Fox and Killshot I 50
ANGLE: Big Ryck forms The Crew, first targets debated I 42
Angélico defeated Pentagon Jr. I 44
ANGLE: Joey Ryan finds medallion in his jacket pocket I 54
Mil Muertes defeated Brian Cage I 54

gAT1DcJ.jpg

Season 1 I Episode 27 I ''Rise to the Top''
Week 3, April 2015 I 23,510 viewers I El Rey Network I 47 Rating

KYMSHSV.png

Angélico, Joey Ryan and Son of Havoc defeated Mariposa Martinez, Marty Martinez and Pentagon Jr. I 51
ANGLE: Cortez Castro and El Texano Jr. attack Angélico and Son of Havoc, Big Ryck directs traffic I 25
Jack Evans defeated Brian Cage I 52
ANGLE: Mike Bennett finds medallion in his cup of coffee, Maria Kanellis oblivious I 46
Mil Muertes defeated Fénix to retain the Lucha Underground Championship title I 67

gAT1DcJ.jpg

Season 1 I Episode 28 I ''Paranormal Activity''
Week 4, April 2015 I 22,710 viewers I El Rey Network I 47 Rating

MolGXGq.png

ANGLE: Dario Cueto addresses 'strange aura' in the temple, Fénix asks for another shot at Mil Muertes I 47
Aero Star and Fénix defeated Jack Evans and Johnny Mundo I 65
Dante Fox defeated Pentagon Jr. I 48
ANGLE: Brian Cage reveals he has found an aztec medallion, Mike Bennett questions his story I 47
Big Ryck defeated Joey Ryan I 52

Perfect Sheridan. These shows were perfect. The Title scene is brilliant and the medallions were good. However I thought Mariposa had a poor debut and I feel The Crew could have been more impactful. Also I thought Pentagon had one of his poorest months but I can’t really complain because these shows were perfect and I am excited for more Sheridan 

gAT1DcJ.jpg

Season 1 I Episode 29 I ''Butterflies''
Week 1, May 2015 I 22,390 viewers I El Rey Network I 43 Rating

Al4qRHH.png

ANGLE: Catrina declares grave consequences for Fénix, Fénix betters Mil Muertes in brief brawl I 46
Joey Ryan defeated El Texano Jr. I 55
Mariposa Martinez and Marty Martinez defeated Dante Fox and Killshot I 51
ANGLE: Mariposa holds aztec medallion high, claims she has spoken with the aztec Gods I 41
Jack Evans, Mike Bennett and Mil Muertes defeated Angélico, Fénix and Son of Havoc I 58

gAT1DcJ.jpg

Season 1 I Episode 30 I ''Grave Consequences''
Week 2, May 2015 I 23,520 viewers I El Rey Network I 51 Rating

DP1GOQd.png

ANGLE: Prince Puma returns, challenges winner of tonight's bout to match at Ultima Lucha I 47
Prince Puma defeated Pentagon Jr. I 62
ANGLE: Dante Fox finds medallion in gym bag ahead of tag team match I 36
Big Ryck and El Texano Jr. defeated Dante Fox and Killshot I 56
Mil Muertes defeated Fénix in a Grave Consequences match to retain the Lucha Underground Championship tite I 68

gAT1DcJ.jpg

Season 1 I Episode 31 I ''Temple of the Gods''
Week 3, May 2015 I 24,250 viewers I El Rey Network I 48 Rating

eM6Kv5R.png

ANGLE: Angélico and Son of Havoc challenge The Crew to trios match at Ultima Lucha I 33
Killshot defeated Marty Martinez I 46
ANGLE: Chavo Guerrero Jr. informs us that Gods have descended upon The Temple, championship materialised I 50
Pentagon Jr. defeated Aero Star I 55
Fénix defeated Jack Evans I 64

gAT1DcJ.jpg

Season 1 I Episode 32 I ''Ultima Lucha''
Week 4, May 2015 I 23,200 viewers I El Rey Network I 47 Rating

psFMncE.png

ANGLE: Ivelisse returns to The Temple, forms The Fallen Eagles I 39
Angélico, Ivelisse and Son of Havoc defeated Big Ryck, Cortez Castro and El Texano Jr. I 51
ANGLE: Melissa Santos announces Joey Ryan injury, Fénix to claim his place I 39
Mike Bennett defeated Dante Fox, Fénix, Mariposa Martinez and Brian Cage for the Lucha Underground Medallón Championship title I 58
Mil Muertes defeated Prince Puma to retain the Lucha Underground Championship title I 67

gAT1DcJ.jpg

Season One review

Aztec Warfare

Previous Winner: Mil Muertes
Prestige: 92

Lucha Underground Championship
bhM2pfd.jpg
Current Champion: Mil Muertes
Prestige: 100
Total Defences: 3
Title History:
Prince Puma I 5 Defences I Nov 14 - Mar 15

Lucha Underground Medallón Championship
QTlWwSg.jpg
Current Champion: Mike Bennett
Prestige: 65

gAT1DcJ.jpg

Lucha Underground news

- We made a loss of $26,354 from Week 1, February to Week 4, May.
- Sexy Star signed a written deal with AAA on Week 3, March. As of Week 4, March she was unavailable for further bookings.
- Ivelisse competed and won in her MMA fight on Week 2, April.
- On Week 1, February we had 22 importance and 23 popularity. As of Week 4, May we have 25 importance and 26 popularity.
- We are currently ranked 14th out of 37 companies in terms of popularity as of Week 4, May.
- Our franchise players are Johnny Mundo, Mil Muertes, Prince Puma, Chavo Guerrero Jr., and Killshot in that order as of Week 4, May.

gAT1DcJ.jpg

Around the world news

- Satoshi Kojima successfully won the New Japan Pro-Wrestling New Japan Cup on Week 3, March. He defeated Kazuchika Okada in the final in a 95 rated match.
- Total Nonstop Action held Lockdown on Week 3, April. Magnus defeated Jeff Hardy to retain the TNA World Heavyweight title in a 75 rated match.
- WWE held WrestleMania 31 on Week 4, March. Randy Orton defeated Daniel Bryan to retain the WWE World Heavyweight title in an 89 rated match.
- Adrian Neville defended his NXT Heavyweight title against John Cena on Week 3, March in a 68 rated match.

gAT1DcJ.jpg

Season One intermediate review

- Lucha Underground have announced that their production values shall be increased in time for next season. The promotion state they have made vast improvements to their production value as well as live event experience, as well as minor changes to their broadcast quality and music production. The upgrades are said to have cost the promotion roughly $20,000 instantaneously, whilst costing around $330,000 per season henceforth. 

- The biggest wrestling news heading out of the South West region is that California based promotions Lucha Underground and Pro Wrestling Guerrilla have formed a working agreement partnership. This relationship has been said to have formed in late March, however has not been announced or shown recently. Lucha Underground affiliates have stated that PWG talent will be available, and should be expected, to appear on their television show heading into the new season. 

- Inaugural Lucha Underground champion and franchise player Prince Puma has signed a written deal with Japanese promotion New Japan Pro-Wrestling during the intermediate season. The performer, who also worked for Dragon Gate and Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, started with the promotion in early July, meaning he should not be expected for the entirety of the new Lucha Underground season.

- Mike Bennett took to social media to explain his joy of being crowned the inaugural Lucha Underground Medallón champion. The thirty year old uploaded a video, alongside Worldwide Underground members Jack Evans and Johnny Mundo, challenging all those who receive the aztec medallions in Season Two to not be shy and step forward. Lucha Underground's twitter account took the liberty of explaining the Medallón Championship rules, stating that once Mike Bennett collects four aztec medallions, which shall be given to 'chosen competitors by the aztec Gods' he is then free to 'cash in' his championship for a Lucha Underground championship shot a week ahead of time.

- Lucha Underground Season One in its entirety is now available for DVD purchase. All of Season One, plus over eight hours of interviews and other content shall be made available over four disks, and is said to cost roughly $35 for purchase.

It sucks that Prince Puma has signed a written deal with New Japan Pro-Wrestling as he was certainly one of the best performers you had on your roster in Season 1. However it does give you opportunities to give try and see how new face can succeed under the spotlight. I also like the way you have been pushing Mike Bennett and I am excited to see where you go with him. I am excited for what season 2 holds for the promotion  

gAT1DcJ.jpg

Season Two Staff Members
Owner: Robert Rodríguez
Head Booker: Chavo Guerrero Jr.
Announcers: Matt Striker
Colour Commentators: Maryse Ouellet
Referees: Justin King, Todd Sinclair
Road Agents: Chavo Guerrero Jr., Mil Muertes

Season Two Roster
P3ZicyP.jpg p9cGc69.jpg xyFPmrG.jpg RSPgBqM.jpg
Aero Star I Angélico I Big Ryck I Bobby Lashley
315l4Q6.jpg CmK9wa0.jpg RQjrqVu.jpg uHEH6qz.jpg
Brian Cage I Catrina I Chavo Guerrero Jr. I Cortez Castro
uTtAtRr.jpg HzERMeW.jpg pRp8Oej.jpg pkLTHMo.jpg
Dante Fox I Dario Cueto I El Texano Jr. I Fénix
bv56XnD.jpg eS33W8B.jpg lKqr1fP.jpg ZZYfJob.jpg
Ivelisse I Jack Evans I Joey Ryan I Johnny Mundo
zSnzb4X.jpg a3Xy4Sy.jpg 5cB4XED.jpg 8tkFDYY.jpg
Justin King I Killshot I Maria Kanellis I Mariposa Martinez
yY5K05p.jpg IMMjrBi.jpg 4ZFLCoa.jpg 2Er2bo6.jpg
Marisol Martinez I Marty Martinez I Maryse Ouellet I Matt Striker
Wv2VSLY.jpg k7qUKpX.jpg qDuNDyq.jpg aUIUdKV.jpg
Melissa Santos I Mike Bennett I Mil Muertes I Pentagon Jr.
egjQuj8.jpg 8agsoWA.jpg 01AwES5.jpg URrmhnG.jpg
Robert Rodríguez I Son of Havoc I Taylor Made I Todd Sinclair