Latest News
  • Follow @BrendenPlayz on Twitter to stay up to date with all things BPZ.
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Bart

WWE Championship: AJ Styles (c) vs Rusev

image.png

Rusev Day will be truly phenomenal if The Bulgarian Brute can take the WWE Championship from AJ Styles at WWE Extreme Rules. 

Rusev earned the opportunity in chaotic fashion when he outlasted Big E, The Miz, Samoa Joe and Daniel Bryan in SmackDown LIVE’s first-ever Gauntlet Match. 

Fresh off Rusev’s excellent performance in the Men’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match, which included a Triple Accolade, the tough-as-nails Bulgarian Brute is primed for victory and will be looking to transform WWE’s most extreme day of the year into Rusev Day! 

To do so, he will have to overcome one of the greatest Superstars the squared circle has to offer. And coming off a huge victory over Shinsuke Nakamura in a savage Last Man Standing Match, Styles will be looking to use his incredible arsenal to repel his brutal challenger.   

Find out who will reign supreme at WWE Extreme Rules, Sunday, July 15, streaming live at 7 ET/4 PT on the award-winning WWE Network! 

This is the make or break moment for Rusev, he needs to show us what he is made of and if he truly can stand head to head with someone as talented as Aj Styles. I am very exited to see what they come up with for the build up and I am even more exited for the match they can pull off. I do however see AJ Styles retaining before he moves into a Summerslam program with Samoa Joe or Daniel Bryan 

Both men are great performers and entertainers and the fact that this is Rusev's FIRST WWE Championship match is highway robbery of his career. When he gotten out of the Anti-American gimmick that plagued WWE with international superstars in the past and become one of the most over guys on SmackDown, I was waiting for ages for him to get this shot, and to face AJ Styles for the title is making this even bigger for him. Sadly I do see AJ retaining, which isn't bad at all don't get me wrong just want to see someone get what they earned, and face off with Joe or Bryan like Julius said. 

As happy as I am that Rusev is Number One Contender which means he'll probably get a few wins on the way to Extreme Rules but it also means that he'll also probably lose to AJ Styles since this is most likely a filler feud for Styles so that he can move on to his big feud at Summerslam Against Joe or someone. 

I think this is a great idea. Rusev will have a chance to prove that he belongs in the Main Event, like how Joe proved himself against Lesnar. Of course he won't (and shouldn't) win, but that doesn't mean that this is an oppurtinuty for him. If he knocks it out of the card, that's the best way to guarantee yourself a push. I think the match should be decent, I don't expect a moty but a fun match nevertheless. After Styles wins I think his next opponent has to be Joe, and I can't wait to see that match.

I'd Love to See Rusev As WWE Chanmpion He certainly Deserves it Anyone BUT Daniel Bryan or Samoa Joe Being Shoved Down our Throats Plus If WWE has no plans for Cesaro Or Sheamus then If AJ Styles Wins Then I'd Have Sheamus Vs AJ Styles at Summerslam for the WWE Championship and then Build towards a WWE Championship Match Between Sheamus vs Cesaro For the WWE Championship Where Cesaro Wins the title

But if Rusev does Win again i'm all for it especially after all the shit they put him through

On 7/2/2018 at 9:52 PM, Bad Attitude Bullet said:

I'd Love to See Rusev As WWE Chanmpion He certainly Deserves it Anyone BUT Daniel Bryan or Samoa Joe Being Shoved Down our Throats Plus If WWE has no plans for Cesaro Or Sheamus then If AJ Styles Wins Then I'd Have Sheamus Vs AJ Styles at Summerslam for the WWE Championship and then Build towards a WWE Championship Match Between Sheamus vs Cesaro For the WWE Championship Where Cesaro Wins the title

Just curious. What do you mean by Daniel Bryan and Samoa Joe are being pushed down our throats?

On 7/8/2018 at 12:45 PM, JoshsNow said:

Just curious. What do you mean by Daniel Bryan and Samoa Joe are being pushed down our throats?

Well The fans are shoving Daniel Bryan Vs The Miz down our throats instead of letting it happen organically they want this to happen at Wrestlemania and Hold the WWE Championship Hostage instead of having people like rusev/Big E/Cesaro Have A Run with the title and Until Samoa Joe actually does something of relevancy he shouldnt be anywhere near a world title shot but thats just me

8 hours ago, Bad Attitude Bullet said:

Well The fans are shoving Daniel Bryan Vs The Miz down our throats instead of letting it happen organically they want this to happen at Wrestlemania and Hold the WWE Championship Hostage instead of having people like rusev/Big E/Cesaro Have A Run with the title and Until Samoa Joe actually does something of relevancy he shouldnt be anywhere near a world title shot but thats just me

I don’t feel like it’s being pushed down our throats, it was a feud created organically by a Miz promo and as for Samoa Joe the fact he isn anywhere near relevancy is through poor booking which shows he isn’t being pushed down our throats  

On 7/12/2018 at 8:12 AM, JoshsNow said:

I don’t feel like it’s being pushed down our throats, it was a feud created organically by a Miz promo and as for Samoa Joe the fact he isn anywhere near relevancy is through poor booking which shows he isn’t being pushed down our throats  

Here's the thing NXT 2010 Miz & Michael cole putting down daniel bryan and daniel bryan coming back and beating miz for the United States championship and then going on to win the MITB and then going on to win the World Heavyweight Championship Was Organic

The feud now feels forced