WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Royal Rumble

The Road to Wrestlemania kicks off with the Royal Rumble PPV, LIVE on the WWE Network!
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Check out the NEW Series of Total Extreme Wrestling available on Youtube & Twitch
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Want to create your own promos and a wrestling character? Join "Kayfabe" today!
Bart

What's your biggest frustration with the current WWE product?

Title says it all. 

In chat, we are often talking about wrestling (not strange on a discord from a wrestling forum) and mostly about the biggest wrestling company, WWE. We all seem frustrated, as we can almost always agree that the episodes of RAW and Smackdown, as well as 9/10 of the ppvs sucked, but what's wrong with it in your opinion? What change would give you the most hope in an entertaining product? 

I think for mine its continuity.  WWE will just drop things out of no where without explanation. They will also just throw things together for no reason. They book AJ Styles to be champion for a year only to lose on Smackdown with 0 build. It just makes no sense what they do. Their creative direction is so poor. They have no plans on what they want to do and just make things up before the show. It would be like The Walking Dead just killing Rick in Season 2 to get a reaction out of its audience. It makes no sense at all. No other TV program can survive doing it, WWE are lucky that they have a loyal fan base. That'll be tested now.

Just like Brenden said it's the continuity for example dropping Dolph from Drew without any explanation is very frustrating. Another frustration with the product is the lazy booking and storytelling. They had something good with the Ambrose character but they flattened him out by making him cut promos on how the crowd stinks. Truly shocking that WWE have managed to flatten out Ambrose vs Rollins  

A lot of things can be said about my frustrations with WWE. But the one thing that annoys me the most is.......

WHY ISN'T JOE WWE CHAMPION YET?.

He should have been champ when he was facing AJ, but no AJ had to retain, not once not twice, but three times, it pisses me when he doesn't have a main title on his shoulder like he should have been a long time ago.

One major issue is with a three-hour show over half the wrestler's can't even get on the show or have nothing going for them. Zack Ryder, Dana Brook, BAYLEY & SASHA BANKS, No Way Jose, the entirety of 205 live and so many others have great talent and reaction to the crowd but WWE doesn't even use them because they don't trust them.

There are so many things I could say about RAW itself. That I'm sure many people have said themselves. But off the top of my head:

-Too many heels

-Seth vs Dolph is too often

-Ronda is a terrible face, wrestler and mic worker which leads to her not being a good champion

-Nia Jax

-Baron Corbin

-The continued over reliance on Brock Lesnar

-Braun in turn getting squashed by Brock

-Dry tag team scene

-Even drier Women's division

-Drake Maverick's pissing gimmick

-Bobby Roode stuck in the second hour

-The whole "Dean Ambrose does something bad so they ask Renee, who then pretends that he isn't her husband" thing

-Teasing Banks/Bayley but never doing anything with it

And

-THREE heel authority figures

1. The booking - No one has a good storyline going on or is left doing nothing

2. The Booking - Had to say it again because its just that bad

3. Lack of stars - They need to stop trying to have only one top guy and work on building up everyone in case one of them gets injured or something like the current situation with roman & stroman right now.

4. World titles - They need to feel special besides the WWE title the universal title is back on brock. Cant have a world title to build your top feuds around if the champ is barely on the show.

11 minutes ago, Hans said:

The Wildcard Rule - Its affecting not only the product but the entire interest of the company. This rule single - handedly made the brand split meaningless and killed Smackdown.

I agree with ya. I also don't really like how people from one brand can chellange for the other brand's titles due to this. Like in other circunstances I would be hyped for Joe getting a WWE Championship match but he is on Raw not Smackdown!

Right now it's the wild card rule and the whole idea of the Brand Split. They need to make a decision now on whether they are going to keep the brandsplit or just abolish it because us as fans are really getting annoyed with how this wilcard thing is playing out. You have RAW guys challenging SD Champions like Alexa Bliss and Samoa Joe meaning you have the same feuds shown on both RAW and SD which just makes it boring to watch both shows a week. The Wildcard rule is killing Smackdown Live, it's making it a RAW re-run and for me that's a problem 

Continuity, inconsistency, poor booking, and many other things are frustrating.

They try to push too many people, this results in no one being pushed. How are we supposed to see Corbin as a believable challenger for the world title when he's constantly losing every week? It doesn't make sense.

Nothing is ever explained, why is Drew with Shane now after being with Corbin for ages, why did Rowan align himself with Bryan, without any explanation, why have about 5 teams been split up for no reason. It's really frustrating when something happens without a purpose.

Many people have said it already, but the Wild Card rule, it is absolutely awful. It took away the whole point of the brand split and the shake up that happened not too long before. It has turned SmackDown into a side show, it stops talent from being showcased every week, because they can just get the big guys from the other brands to fill in just spot, it makes no sense and it needs to stop.

Finally, WWE are starting to oversaturate the 2/3 falls stipulation, it's fun at times, but seeing how other promotion treat this stipulation, it's absolutely pathetic in comparison, a simple solution would be to just stop playing advertisements during matches (do them before or after, or during entrances). 

Right now it's the Wild Card rule and the crumbling state of the Brand Split. We're reaching a point where the brand split is non existent and the Wild Card rules aren't even enforced it's just having people show up for the sake of showing up. This is what happened with RAW Supershow years ago, around the same time i lost interest in WWE for a while not watching just checking results and highlights at most.  

The way how they go about creating new stars, or better put, not creating new stars. Guys like Almas and Black are in this weird spot where it's clear that the WWE thinks they have potential to be something, but there is no willingness to make them something. Black has had one ppv match since leaving NXT, completely taking away any of the hype he has had. I get that he had an injury, but to my knowlegde it wasn't anything major that kept him out for months. Almas is suffering from the same booking disease, where you will see him face a top guy and have a good showing, only to do nothing for the weeks and months that follow. These squash matches that they have given both of them do nothing for them, and won't do anything for someone that follow. 

The same can be said for Drew, Joe and many more. They know they have the potential to have an incredible roster with enough talent to deliver amazing ppvs month in and month out, but for some reason, they just can't be arsed to do something with this. Instead talentless performers who can work as midcarders but will never become anything more than that like Corbin are getting constant tv time and ppv matches. 

They restrict their talent way too much, they should be allowed to improvise more in the ring and on the mic. If they suck then script them, if they're really good let them improvise. If you keep restricting them they're not gonna get to show how good they are but they're only gonna show how bad or how good WWE's script is which is what you don't want at all.

For me, my biggest frustration for this product is the way they find a way all the time to not listen to the fans. If they didn’t bring have us, they would not have a product. And it really upsets me, when they blantly just ignore us, like we do not know what we are talking about. I feel like if they listened to us once in a while, this problem would not occur so often.