BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Clash of Champions

Every title is on the line at WWE Clash of Champions! Discuss the event here.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Smith718

All Elite Wrestling (AEW) Discussion

Its never better time than right now to build up an alternative from WWE's current product. With news of Cody & The rest of the Elite working on starting a new promotion what do you guys think will come from this? For me it all depends on a TV Deal. If they can land a TV deal and Find a way to air the same days as Raw or SD I think this would be great. Share you thoughts. Like. Comment. Subscribe........yeah skip over thatlast part haha.

WWE needs competition right now, it has become way too complacent being the only top Wrestling promotion in the world which has meant that their effort towards the product has dropped. I'm not saying AEW will be any sort of competition straight away but hopefully enough so that WWE pay attention and improve their product just like during the Monday Night Wars 

6 minutes ago, Julius01 said:

WWE needs competition right now, it has become way too complacent being the only top Wrestling promotion in the world which has meant that their effort towards the product has dropped. I'm not saying AEW will be any sort of competition straight away but hopefully enough so that WWE pay attention and improve their product just like during the Monday Night Wars 

They seriously need competition and I want Vince to get angry so that he can do actual good shit for once in a while you know. 

The rumours are that those connected to AEW have sent out feelers to WWE talent asking "Hey, maybe consider this an alternative". Who do you think they have reached out to unofficially if it's true?  

It wouldn't surprise me if The Revival are thinking about it. It really depends on the amount of funding for talent this new company will have on whether they will be enticing enough for anyone in WWE who see wrestling as a career first.

Without a TV deal they can't compete. They need that revenue source and exposure. Internet PPVs and streaming is nice, but it's proven that, that model doesn't work in creating a major company. If they want this to work, hire some of the best minds in wrestling. Young and old. A perspective from current and old times I think would be good. Find a mix in between. Hire and lock down the best indy guys. Triple H is going to call every single person that hasn't burned a bridge and try and take them from this place. They need written deals. Lock them down and start running weekly shows. They can start taping TV to begin, but in reality live TV is a must. Everyone can get results now days. Live TV makes it must see.

If they can steal a name from WWE that would help. Grabbing Nakamura or a Ziggler or anyone who's available would be ideal. A partnership with NJPW would be crucial to give it some exposure and talent right off the bat. Even working with ROH would be fine, but I think trying to move away from other American companies to give it a new fresh feel would be key. 

I wonder how this will work in a lot of ways. Would this just be an indy that has shows every now and again or will it be a company with weekly shows and wrestlers on written deals? I would be very surprised to see the Elite leave the indy scene where they have done so well in for a risk like this. Surely some fans will love it, but that doesnt mean that it will be succesful on the business side of things.

s52nxi5drr721.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s=88d5a5a4f561cc9bd74aace5713683574324370a

So it’s now official. On the latest episode of Being The Elite the Young Bucks, Cody Rhodes and Hangman Page officially announced All Elite Wrestling and the merchandise is already on sale. Also announced was their next event following 'All In' titled ‘Double or Nothing’.

Some notes dropped on the latest Wrestling Observer Radio episode after this announcement

- Multiple guys are already signed. Cody is signed. Bucks are not yet signed but will be soon. More will come out over the next few days.
- Doubts ROH talent will be working with AEW
- They have multiple offers for TV deals but no deal is done at the moment.
- NJPW relationship is very up in the air. No indication what NJPW will do or how they will proceed.
- Dave says that All In changed the perception in terms of them getting TV.  Said the event impressed a lot of TV execs.

It's not much but confirmation is exciting. DJZ left Impact this past week so he would be a goof signing for the company. Anyone you think could be on that first list of announced signings? 

Well its nice to know its legit now. They need to get that TV deal sorted and then I think talent will come. Not sure who they could honestly land that will make any splash. They just need to present a strong wrestling product. They gotta up their production game to be better than ROH, one of the turn offs for me is a company that just looks cheap and not professional. To me, ROH always had that feel. No idea if the Billionaire owner rumours are true, they need the cash if they're going to honestly make any sort of impact. One thing is for sure, this could spell the end of Impact Wrestling if they are a better opportunity than them which they should be.

I'm very excited about AEW launching. I feel like this might be exactly what wrestling needs since it gives us yet another promotion for top stars on the independents to work. I also hope that they are going to be a bit more relaxed on the PG rating mainly to increase the intensity of the feuds and matches. I do hope the New Japan working deal comes to fruition as it could give us the opportunity for a lot more great match ups since its highly likely AEW pick up the free agents on the independents guys like David Starr, Jimmy Havoc, Joey Janela and MJF as well as others. I hope that people don't expect them to immediately compete with WWE since they are going to need to build up since although they have large financial backing and a star studded roster (at least in the making) they are still a brand new company with no history unless you count all in. Overall I am excited for AEW and I hope they are able to live up to the hype and don't end up dissolving like so many other previous companies that had been promoted to be the next big thing. 

This is absolutely great news. As FD said it gives independent wrestlers another platform to show what there made of and opens up the viewers eyes to some new faces. AEW will not be competing with WWE for a very long time, the Money is there but the fan-base and the popularity just isn't. I am very much looking forward to what AEW has in-store for the future starting with Double or Nothing 

I am interested in seeing AEW as a company in the year of late 2019 or early 2020 at the latest. I am pretty sure that NJPW would not want anyone to leave to the new company, as the same does for the other companies from the likes of Ring of Honor, Impact Wrestling, and even WWE for that matter. If they want to succeed as a wrestling company, they will need to bring in wrestlers that can pull off great matches, writers that have a strong knowledge of wrestling, a fairly big TV deal that will promote their company, and need to fund weekly shows to earn money from sponsorships, merchandise and other dealings that they need to do in order from this promotion to be successful. I am sure they would not go head to head with WWE and other companies and they need to have their promotion a strong alternative to other wrestling companies, so more people would recognize it and may go see it/watch it.

I think the success of AEW depends on whether they get that Turner Broadcasting TV Deal. If they can put their show on TNT or TBS it would be massive for them. I think it'd be enough for them to get a partnership deal with NJPW and attracts the legends that they want to like Goldberg, which I think can really happen. 

As for Indy guys I can see a few Impact people leaving for AEW, specifically Penta and Fenix. Also Johnny Impact hopefully, Tessa, maybe a few more. Also as for partnerships, I think they'll partner with NWA so they can have Nick Aldis in the promotion for a bit and maybe some NWA guys also like The Mack. I don't think they'll be partnered with ROH though because The Elite said goodbye to ROH. 

Overall I see a good future for AEW