BrendenPlayz Royal Rumble

The Royal Rumble PPV is coming soon to BrendenPlayz!
Match Card

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Royal Rumble

The Road to Wrestlemania kicks off with the Royal Rumble PPV, LIVE on the WWE Network!
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Check out the NEW Series of Total Extreme Wrestling available on Youtube & Twitch
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Want to create your own promos and a wrestling character? Join "Kayfabe" today!
Sign in to follow this  
Isaiah Carter

What Current NXT Star Do You See Making It Big?

Image result for Adam Cole

Moving from NXT to the main roster is a hit or miss (Guess you never miss huh), you got guys like Seth Rollins, Big E, Finn Balor, and Samoa Joe who have all made their mark on the main roster but on the other side of the spectrum you have Tyler Breeze, Bo Dallas, The Ascension, Authors Of Pain, Sanity, and the list just keeps going and it goes to prove that in NXT just because you're great in the ring and are over doesn't mean you'll make it on the main roster. 

Velveteen Dream, Adam Cole, Ricochet, Aliester Black, Johnny Gargano, and Tomasso Ciampa are the big names in NXT right now, but which of them will bust? And who will be the next John Cena, the next WWE icon? Its hard to tell, but who in NXT do you see making it big?

Honestly I'd have to go with the obvious pick in Adam Cole, he has the charisma and the talent to be a top heel over guys like Ciampa. With Dream, his gimmick won't make it on the main roster, it never does. But Adam Cole is fresh, Adam Cole is going to be huge in WWE and at only 29 he could be a star for a long time. 

Definently agree with you in Adam Cole. Possibly the velveteen dream as he has shown how charismatic he is and is already is popular with fans. Lastly I think Matt Riddle, I remember watching him in the indies and he was brilliant. If booked correctly he could be a big star.

First off none of them will be the next John Cena, lol, but I'm confused. Adam Cole has more talent and charisma over Ciampa? I wouldn't agree with that but neither of them is my pick so I'll just say that I think the big next NXT guy on the main roster will be Matt Riddle.

I am going to go with probably the most risky pick but also you could say the safest due to his age and the fact he was a WWE made guy. My pick is Velveteen Dream. He is only 23 and already showing he has a great character plus good wrestling skills. The Dream Character could be an issue on the Main Roster, but I feel he will surpass that and become a top player in the WWE.

Adam Cole is the obvious pick but I am going to say Matt Riddle. They guy oozes with charisma, can cut a good promo which Vice likes and is a bloody good worker in the ring. I think he definitely has star potential and could be a main player in the future of WWE

A lot of this current NXT roster could, but I am going to go with the guy most aren't picking in Aleister Black. The guy is a good promo and a great worker. He has a superstar look and his gimmick can work both face and heel, in case he ever needs a turn to get to the top. Another band of guys that could is UE and, besides the obvious pick in Adam Cole, I feel like Roderick Strong has a bright future on the main roster as well.

Image result for dominik dijakovic

Dominik Dijakovic

I am a huge fan of this man, I do think he needs a name change though. But he is simply brilliant, he is a huge man who can fly around like a cruiserweight and his matches with Keith Lee prove that, I imagine he is going to have a long run in NXT and most likely win the NXT Championship. But he is exactly what Vince wants, I imagine, and with a solid character behind him I imagine he will be huge inside the WWE.

I will now proceed to laugh at myself as Vince does nothing with Aleister Black. Of the current NXT roster, I expect Adam Cole will be the most successful, as overutilised as this statement is, it is just true. Something others haven't said, though, is that Cole has a certain mix of talent and charisma that screams Edge to me. The Rated R Superstar was one of the hottest entities in wrestling in 2006, and Adam Cole has all of the qualities that made Edge such a great heel (besides the Lita affair) and then some, with the existence of the Undisputed ERA always lurking around the corner. Many make the comparison to Shawn Michaels, but personally I think Cole will be extremely successful due to his similarities to Edge, one of the best heels of the 2000s.

Johnny Gargano. This guy has some of the largest crowd support that has ever been seen and can put on a good match with nearly anyone. He can tell a fantastic story in the ring and if he ends up flipping on the main roster, they have completely and utterly fucked up.

I would have to say Keith Lee as the man is built like a beast and considering the fact that he got huge rub over the survivor series match, I have feeling Lee won't be like his NXT peers and will shine through in the main roster. Matches with guys like Roman, Joe, Strowman, Lesnar is all money in my personal opinion.