BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Clash of Champions

Every title is on the line at WWE Clash of Champions! Discuss the event here.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Wallace227

Deaths Of Wrestlers 2019

At this time of the New Year n one wants someone to die but, we can't make those decisions. Sadly, "Mean" Gene Okerlund died at age 76. Starting 2019 in a sad note. Let's not forget God can be ruthless and taking of one THE voice of WWE is a hard one. Rest In Peace Gene....... hope you make it to the Pearl Gates and announces some matches up there once again --- January 2nd, 2019.

I have not missed this sad thread but a lot of wrestler has died since Gene. January 5th. 2019. Alexis Smirnoff who was part of the great NWA. He was 71 dying to Kidney Failure. How he has passed one with once Tag partner of Nikolai Volkoff let’s hope they meet each other again. In the ring p in the sky. --- January 5th. 2019

Wayne St. Wayne was a St. Louis artist and longtime pro wrestler has died at 64 of Prostate Cancer. Sadly a wrestler who never hit the WWF is a every famous artist and a great wrestler who leaves his family behind to  wrestling with WWF/E greats. --- January 11th. 2019

BellaDonna a wrestler who mainly valeted in TNA/Impact for the Disciples of The New Church.

She has died at 40 with unknown reasons. She leaves behind lost of family and friends. And again has never been in WWF/E but know will join them up in Heaven. --- January 11th. 2019

Les Thornton a great wrestler in NWA and Stampede Wrestling who has won many titles in any company he is in has died at 84 from old age. He leaves behind a family and a legacy of his wrestling career. Let’s hope once again he is wrestling with great Roddy Piper. --- February 1st. 2019

All sorrow to the families of these wrestlers and sorry for being so late.

R.I.P

The legendary announcer of WCW and WWF passed away yesterday, the details of the death are unknown, he died at the age of 76, Gene Okerlund was an iconic announcer who left WWF in 1994 and returned to the WWF in 2001, Gene was supposedly a funny member backstage who most have respected, he began his WWF career in 1984, he was known for doing many segments with Hulk Hogan, Gene Okerlund was and always will be a honourable member of the wrestling community. Our and everybody's condolenses should be with him.

-----------------------------------------------------------

R.I.P to "Mean" Gene Okerlund

Rest In Peace

When i woke up this morning and saw the mentions of Mean Gene i didn't think twice about it because that was a weekly occurrence. Of fans looking back on favourite moments from his time on screen.
You don't get non-wrestlers like Gene these days which is a huge shame because his example should show how much it adds to the product. Whatever company he worked for AWA, WCW, WWF, ect he brought entertainment and professionalism to the TV. A voice of a few generations. Rest In Peace

One of my favourite moments from him

Image result for pedro morales wwe.com

WWE is saddened to learn WWE Hall of Famer Pedro Morales has passed away.

A native of Culebra Island, Puerto Rico, Morales moved to New York in his youth and debuted in the ring in 1959 at age 17. After establishing his reputation as a fiery competitor in WWE on the east coast, Morales traveled west to territories in Texas and California, where he competed for much of the 1960s. In California, he battled The Destroyer in a famous rivalry, and formed a popular tag team with Pepper Gomez.

Morales returned to WWE in 1970, and in less than a year, he captured the WWE Championship from Ivan Koloff inside Madison Square Garden. During his nearly three years on top, Morales developed a passionate following in the northeast, particularly among New York City’s growing Hispanic population.

More than 22,000 fans turned out to Shea Stadium in 1972 to watch him battle close friend and former champion Bruno Sammartino in the main event of the inaugural Showdown at Shea supercard. After 75 minutes of action, the bout was ruled a draw in accordance with the state athletic commission’s strict 11 p.m. curfew.

He held the WWE Title for a staggering 1027 days before losing it to Stan Stasiak in December 1973. Morales puts his name in the record books again in 1980 when he won the World Tag Team Titles with Bob Backlund and then the Intercontinental Title to become the first Triple Crown Champion in WWE history.

Morales hung up his boots in 1987 but continued on as an ambassador for sports-entertainment. He later became a commentator for both WCW and WWE’s Spanish announce teams, and in 1995, he was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.

WWE extends its condolences to Morales’ family, friends and fans.

RIP Pedro Morales. One of the greats of the 70s.

RIP King Kong Bundy. Oddly enough his most memorable entertainment moment for me was his appearances on Married... with Children. To have a family named after you must of been neat at the time.
I didn't grow up with him but through the Classics TV Show and catching up on old PPVs i gotten to know him after his career had mostly passed. He seemed like a genuinely nice guy.

Jimmy Suzuki, the President of Tokyo Championship Wrestling, has just shared via Twitter the unfortunate news that Wally Yamaguchi, better known as "Yamaguchi-san" in WWE, has passed away at the age of 61. It's unclear the cause of death, but Yamaguchi had been dealing with health problems since suffering a stroke in 2017.
Jimmy Suzuki also shared that he will be holding a memorial show for Wally Yamaguchi on March 13.

QYozYQE.png

image.png
Former WWE Star Ashley Massaro Passes Away

Ashley Massaro, the winner of WWE’s 2005 Diva Search, has passed away at the age of thirty-nine. TMZ reports that Massaro died in a hospital in Suffolk County, New York on early Thursday morning. Massaro was transported from her home to the hospital, where she passed. The cause of death has yet to be revealed, but it is being classified as “non-criminal” according to the site.

39 is ridiculously young, this is tragic. I saw her whole career growing up which is weird to think, one of the few wrestlers who has passed that i have. My favourite period with her was when she was paired with the team of London & Kendrick which i feel suited her well. (Weird fact but she was on the inaugural edition of Miz TV). Apparently she was on the cusp of stepping into the ring again as well and i'm sad we didn't get to see that come to fruition. Rest In Peace.

8 hours ago, Arius said:

image.png
Former WWE Star Ashley Massaro Passes Away

39 is ridiculously young, this is tragic. I saw her whole career growing up which is weird to think, one of the few wrestlers who has passed that i have. My favourite period with her was when she was paired with the team of London & Kendrick which i feel suited her well. (Weird fact but she was on the inaugural edition of Miz TV). Apparently she was on the cusp of stepping into the ring again as well and i'm sad we didn't get to see that come to fruition. Rest In Peace.

In My Eyes, Ashley Was The Female Version Of Edge, She Was a punk and a rebel............She Was taken from us way too soon.She Should have held the Womens Championship once.......i love her theme song Light A Fire

Former WWE superstar Ashley Massaro reportedly died in an apparent suicide at her Long Island home after years battling depression.

Massaro, 39, was discovered unconsciousThursday morning at her Smithtown home after she failed to show up to her job at a local radio station, The Blast reported.

She died en route to the hospital as emergency crews performed life-resuscitating measures on her to no avail, according to the report.

Friends said the former Playboy cover girl struggled with depression.

“My best friend from the wrestling business died from suicide two days after responding to 300+ fan letters,” pal Shelly Martinez said in a statement to The Blast. “She was the happiest I have seen her in years, so stoked that people still cared about her 11 years after her career was over. There are no signs. It comes without warning.”

METRO

Ex-WWE star Ashley Massaro died of apparent suicide: report

By Jackie Salo

May 17, 2019 | 12:35pm

Ashley MassaroGetty Images

Former WWE superstar Ashley Massaro reportedly died in an apparent suicide at her Long Island home after years battling depression.

Massaro, 39, was discovered unconsciousThursday morning at her Smithtown home after she failed to show up to her job at a local radio station, The Blast reported.

She died en route to the hospital as emergency crews performed life-resuscitating measures on her to no avail, according to the report.

Friends said the former Playboy cover girl struggled with depression.

“My best friend from the wrestling business died from suicide two days after responding to 300+ fan letters,” pal Shelly Martinez said in a statement to The Blast. “She was the happiest I have seen her in years, so stoked that people still cared about her 11 years after her career was over. There are no signs. It comes without warning.”

The one-time “Survivor” contestant had been open about her mental health — and previously blamed bouts of depression on injuries suffered during her wrestling career.

Massaro joined a class-action lawsuit against the WWE, which alleged the organization failed to protect wrestlers from head trauma and concussions, according to The Blast.

She claimed in a 2017 affidavit that she suffered multiple concussions and was never warned about the risks associated.

“Aside from my on-going physical injuries that were sustained in the ring, and my former battle with addiction, to this day I suffer from depression, for which I take medication; migraine headaches; and severe short-term memory loss,” Massaro said in the affidavit.

Massaro — who would’ve turned 40 later this month — was the first winner of the WWE Diva Search before retiring from the company in 2008.

“We are saddened to learn of the tragic death of former WWE Superstar Ashley Massaro,” the company said. “She performed in WWE from 2005-2008 and was beloved by her fellow Superstars and fans around the world. WWE offers its condolences to Ashley’s family and friends.”

Source: New York Post