BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Clash of Champions

Every title is on the line at WWE Clash of Champions! Discuss the event here.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Maasa

Is NXT putting on better matches then WWE

I think that its fairly obvious to any Wrestling fan that the overall match quality on NXT is better than the Main Roster and for me there are two main reasons for this. Number 1, their cards are much smaller therefore they are given more time and can tell an in-depth story whereas Main Roster PPV's have to fill in two brands worth of matches on one show limiting the time each singular match has. The Second reason is that once again NXT is targeted towards a more Wrestling driven fan-based rather than "Sports-Entertainment" which then makes main focus the in-ring work. In regard to the Main Roster, their priorities are more on creating a moment and entertaining the Main Stream audience, that's why promos and angles are worth a lot

I have seen multiple Takeover Pay-Per-Views to know that NXT is a lot better than the Main Roster, if that is what your post is trying to suggest. Most of the Takeover shows have at least 1-2 matches that are 5 star worthy and it makes myself to keep watching them every time they have it. The Main Roster needs an ACTUAL change or effort to put them (mostly Raw) to help make their company more stronger. It should not rely on NXT as the main source for good wrestling and story telling driven angles.

While yes I say the matches are 5 star worthy, I don't pay attention to Dave's ratings since his ratings 99% of thr time are ridiculous. But yes, NXT has been producing better Wrestling because it's ran in the eyes of someone who was/somewhat is a Wrestler, so he knows the fundamentals of what storylines, and match quality needs. Vince over the years before has got great matches on his shows, but in the later years, NXT has been the main show for good matches, because the show uses all their talent, not just a select few, putting other guys on a minute matches for them to finally get TV time. 

Of course they are, but lets be honest that's the product theyre going for. WWE isn't trying to appeal to the indy marks, they're looking for the mass appeal. They want to produce quality matches. NXT want them to produce matches that rival NJPW. Two different aspirations between the two right now.

I respect Dave's ratings as someone who has spent a lifetime watching wrestling around the world and being deep into the journalistic side of the industry but in the end they are just as much opinions.

To the question at hand, yes NXT is definitely putting on a better matches on average than WWE at the moment but at the same time the two shows are different in their presentation, run by different people for a different section of audience.
NXT being more consistent doesn't stop WWE from still putting on great matches but their longer time format on RAW especially and their more "sports entertainment" skew can take away from the matches.
I mean luckily in the last two years we haven't had a "take your woman/man" angle from memory but the current one with Naomi/Uso and Mandy is months after a failed Lana/Aiden/Rusev "Ooooo what happened" story.

It will be interesting to see what the product is like in even 5 years but i also know that i shouldn't expect too much because there are a lot of boxes to tick in making the show week to week. Hell, with Smackdown moving to Fox this year they apparently want a more sport feeling show which is kind of what NXT can be so maybe the tides will change sooner than we thought?