WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch the first episode of WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Survivor Series

WWE's three brands collide at Survivor Series LIVE on the WWE Network.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • WWE 2k20 content coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Maddrix2900

Who do you think will sign with AEW?

After months of speculation Cody Rhodes, Hangman Page and The Young Bucks finally announced the start of a new promotion called All Elite Wrestling.Aside from the Socal Uncensored(Scorpio Sky,Kazarian,Daniels)and Britt Baker(reportedly sign with the promotion)Who do you think will sign with AEW?

Honestly it depends on the type of product they are going to be promoting. I've heard some people speculate that it will be "best in ring talent" focused, at least in promoting which is possible given those who are involved. The same audience that watched ALL IN.
Also if they are going to be a once a show product or will they be touring ect (Will talent be allowed to wrestle on the independents ect)
It came out that the financial backer of the company was a big fan of Daniel Bryan era ROH so that could also add speculation to the type of talent and product they are aiming for.

Speculation time. It would be easy to throw out former WWE names at speed like Carlito, Ryback, Masters ect but i don't think they are as beneficial as some people might think. At least not at round one.

I think Joey Ryan has a good chance of signing. He makes a killing independently i imagine compared to most but if the rumours are true of the contracts being on the same monetary gain as certain WWE talent then he could sign. Maybe even enough for him to stop making his trips to Japan as much as he enjoys it.
Johnny Mundo, Shane Strickland, Andrew Everett, David Starr, Kris Wolf, Trevor Lee, Penelope Ford

Looking at the future: Jungle Boy, Darius Lockhart, Sammy Guevara
Non-wrestling role: I could see DDP working as a personality or backstage role. 

Now who would i like to see signed who i have my doubts will be signed? Wade Barrett. The man has been away from the ring now for 2+ years and if he was to finally make a return to the ring then AEW would be the place to do it. He is good in the ring and on the microphone, plus as he career winds down he would be great to have in other roles. 

I am curious at how the contracts for MLW and Impact work because they might be taking a hit down the line.

25 minutes ago, Arius said:

Honestly it depends on the type of product they are going to be promoting. I've heard some people speculate that it will be "best in ring talent" focused, at least in promoting which is possible given those who are involved. The same audience that watched ALL IN.
Also if they are going to be a once a show product or will they be touring ect (Will talent be allowed to wrestle on the independents ect)
It came out that the financial backer of the company was a big fan of Daniel Bryan era ROH so that could also add speculation to the type of talent and product they are aiming for.

Speculation time. It would be easy to throw out former WWE names at speed like Carlito, Ryback, Masters ect but i don't think they are as beneficial as some people might think. At least not at round one.

I think Joey Ryan has a good chance of signing. He makes a killing independently i imagine compared to most but if the rumours are true of the contracts being on the same monetary gain as certain WWE talent then he could sign. Maybe even enough for him to stop making his trips to Japan as much as he enjoys it.
Johnny Mundo, Shane Strickland, Andrew Everett, David Starr, Kris Wolf, Trevor Lee, Penelope Ford

Looking at the future: Jungle Boy, Darius Lockhart, Sammy Guevara
Non-wrestling role: I could see DDP working as a personality or backstage role. 

Now who would i like to see signed who i have my doubts will be signed? Wade Barrett. The man has been away from the ring now for 2+ years and if he was to finally make a return to the ring then AEW would be the place to do it. He is good in the ring and on the microphone, plus as he career winds down he would be great to have in other roles. 

I am curious at how the contracts for MLW and Impact work because they might be taking a hit down the line.

Yeah its interesting what will happen with MLW and Impact because they have a bunch of great indie guys that is really great in the ring.And as for the product I think it will be alot like NXT great storylines and great wrestling.But as for the contracts I think they should give written deals to the talents they want to sign, they could even form an alliance with other promotion not just the ROH/NJPW.

(Don't know if Penelope Ford,Shane Strickland,and Trevor Lee will be available.WWE has expressed interest in signing Shane and Lee.Don't know if Penelope will be signed but she has good looks and descent in the ring she might.)

I think it'll just be your regular indy guys right now. Maybe some impact names will move over. I think any future WWE releases will end up there. But I get the feeling nobody is getting fired out of fear they will go to AEW. Expect many new signings in the coming months from WWE. This will limit AEW's options greatly. Hopefully they get Omega.

2 hours ago, BrendenPlayz said:

I think it'll just be your regular indy guys right now. Maybe some impact names will move over. I think any future WWE releases will end up there. But I get the feeling nobody is getting fired out of fear they will go to AEW. Expect many new signings in the coming months from WWE. This will limit AEW's options greatly. Hopefully they get Omega.

Yeah some Impact and MLW guys will jump to AEW because it will be a big deal for us wrestling fans and maybe even mainstream media if Tony Khan really trust the company and promoted it big time.

If the rumors were true they should have bought Impact Wrestling because of its Library and the talents that they can get.

I'd assume anyone from ROH/NJPW that isn't full signed, such as Kota Ibushi, will be approached by AEW, as well as the guys featured in BTE. It also wouldn't surprise me if we saw Austin Aries or Low Ki make an appearance. Maybe because Cody and YB are wrestlers and understand the struggle, they'll be able to deal with the attitude problems. As for WWE superstars, I'm not sure how long people's contracts are but The Revival, Gallows & Anderson, and Mike Kanellis seem like valid suggestions.

1 hour ago, The Marker said:

But Cody has connections in WWE, so if they can get a TV Deal, I feel they should be set. 

While Cody might have connections in the form of Dustin and Ryder, his relations with the WWE are likely a bit sour, what with him leaving and hitting it big.

Its hard to tell, because for all we know it could just be another WCPW which runs for a year and then goes for a name change and everything. I think they will defiantly get big names, maybe some veterans but for now I just see indy guys going there, maybe some former WWE guys. I do not see them making their own talent, but using other peoples and signing them and I think it'll be good.

As for WWE, I do not see anyone leaving for a while. Of course, there are people who can leave, but WWE knows this and will be signing longer contracts with more money. And no matter if you get a championship push or any push at all, many people will take WWEs contracts.