BrendenPlayz Survivor Series

Survivor Series is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz. View the match card!
Match Card

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here

Extreme Rules

Discuss the upcoming WWE PPV, Extreme Rules!
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Brad

SmackDown Tag Team Championship: The Bar (c) vs Shane McMahon and The Miz

20190108_RoyalRumble_temp_Bar_MizShane--

The Miz & Shane McMahon look to live up to their lofty “best tag team in the world” nickname at Royal Rumble when they challenge SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Bar.

The newly aligned tandem will face off against the reigning champions after good boasting from The Miz during the Jan. 8 edition of SmackDown LIVE. Talking a good game, The A-Lister cited his team’s ability to rise to the occasion – as well as a prior victory – as reason for being viable contenders for the SmackDown Tag Team Titles. Now that the match has been made, The Miz & Shane-O-Mac face their biggest test.

Where Cesaro & Sheamus have years together and championship-proven chemistry, the “co-besties” still have work to do. Earlier this month, the pair got into a squabble over matching ring gear that eventually spilled onto Instagram and further spotlighted their clash of personalities (and style) for all to see. If they want to become “The Best Tag Team in the World” and add the SmackDown Tag Team Championship to their mantle, The A-Lister and Best in the World trophy co-parent will need to be on the same page at Royal Rumble.

Can The Miz & Shane McMahon stop The Bar’s championship reign and prove to the WWE Universe that they truly are the best duo in the world? Or will The Bar surprise them with a reality check? Don’t miss Royal Rumble on Sunday, Jan. 27, streaming live at 7 ET/4 PT on WWE Network!

WWE.com

A very interesting match, the story between Shane and Miz has been engaging as of late and a match against The Bar at the Rumble is exciting yet surprising. Do they give the win to Shane and Miz at the Rumble? I have no clue, but it's going to be intriguing because this result could go either way. Tease dissension by having them lose or go all out and have them beat the Bar only for one to turn heading into Mania 

This is the best thing going in WWE right now, I do however think The Miz will turn on Shane and we'll get more of The Miz vs Shane, which is sorta good sorta bad. But I do not think it'll happen at this PPV, maybe a tease but WWE is to smart for that. As for the match itself I don't expect anything to special, a normal tag match will do and it'll probably get praise by WWE cause Shane is in it. If Shane/Miz do end up winning, I wouldn't even be mad or surprised.

Calling it now, Miz and Shane will win the tag team titles.  So that Shane can be the tag team champions and the best in the world at the same time...

All jokes aside I fear and think this will be the result.  WWE haven't really done much since crown Jewel about the whole 'best in the world' stuff.  This could push it forward.  It isn't like I cant see this happening I mean at WM last year The Bar lost to a ten year old.  So it isn't far to believe they will lose to Shane McMahon.  Tbh I wish there was another tag team on SD  they would build up and its baffling to see what tag teams they have and see this match made.

"I'm assuming another McMahon made that much because no one, and i mean no one is more deserving of a title opportunity than THE BEST TAG-TEAM IN THE WORLD"

This McMahon/Miz partnership has been one of the best parts of Smackdown this last month. Right next to "The New" Daniel Bryan it's what i look forward to seeing the new development each week. Strike while the iron is hot they say, if this was a normal tag team i might have hesitations about them being put in the picture so soon but this is a special exception. Will they actually win the championships? I'm not completely confident in that fact but damn it is entertaining seeing them try.

Its something different and its an odd ball pairing that could work with their ability on the mic. Its been a fun exchange so fair but how far will they take it? Normally these types of things involve winning the title during it and losing the belts to force the break up. I tend to think thats where we are headed again here.

I hope for god, WWE doesn't put the tag belts on Shane O'Mac and Miz! While yes, it's refreshing to see another match for those belts, Shane McMahon has no business holding a title in 2019. So I hope and pray the Bar retain and this is just an instrument to build up to Miz/Shane who I now resign is going to happen at Wrestlemania.

Most interested I have be en in a tag team championship match in a long time. While on paper other matches may have had better in-ring talent, this one brings a nice story. I still like the bar a lot and Miz and Shane have had a great story going. I think they will win here to keep it going, then probably drop it at either EC or FL to set up a mania match, with the bar probably getting the titles back.

No matter who wins, this should be fun to watch and just be a nice moment to sit back and relax between the world title matches and rumbles.

So in the end Miz and Shane ended up winning the titles. While I was against it at first, I ended up warming to the ideia since I know this reign will not last long and the Bar will probably win the titles back. It was a really great moment though. The match was ok to be honest. Nothing out of ordinary.

The story at the moment with Shane and Miz is probably one of the better things going on in WWE right now and it was the right decision to give them the tag titles. Shane's shooting star press to win the match completely caught me off guard and was one of the moments of the night. I assume this team won't last long though and The Bar will most likely win the titles back which will lead to Shane VS Miz at Mania.

yPHi6Vi.gif

Shane McMahon again just did a shooting star press at 49 years old. He really IS the Best In The World.
Smackdown had a lot of great stories going into this PPV and the fact that a budding friendship between The Miz and Shane McMahon was still one of the highlights each week shows to me how well this is working. Part of me believes this was almost accidental but either way i hope they ride it all the way to Wrestlemania.
The Miz’s face run has been better this time as well. Probably because he’s still very dorky, on purpose, and it fits.