BrendenPlayz Survivor Series

Survivor Series is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz. View the match card!
Match Card

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here

Extreme Rules

Discuss the upcoming WWE PPV, Extreme Rules!
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Maasa

Wrestlers with Undeserved Pushes in WWE/WCW

I know everyone is going with guys like Khali and Mahal but I'll try to bring up a new one. Jack Swagger did not deserve to win the Money In The Bank Briefcase or the World Heavyweight Championship in 2010 nor did he deserve to win that World Heavyweight Title Shot at Mania in that Elimination Chamber match in 2013. Sure, Jack Swagger is a good wrestler. But he did not deserve those pushes.

22 minutes ago, Yelich said:

I know everyone is going with guys like Khali and Mahal but I'll try to bring up a new one. Jack Swagger did not deserve to win the Money In The Bank Briefcase or the World Heavyweight Championship in 2010 nor did he deserve to win that World Heavyweight Title Shot at Mania in that Elimination Chamber match in 2013. Sure, Jack Swagger is a good wrestler. But he did not deserve those pushes.

To add onto this...

Image result for wrestlemania 26 money in the bank

Look at the insane amount of talent in this match, Christian, Shelton Benjiman, Drew Mcyntire, Matt Hardy, MVP, Kofi Kingston, all would of been amazing men to win the briefcase that year, and while it wasn't the worst option, it wasn't a good one. Swagger at that time still couldn't talk on the mic, and still wasn't very good in ring, I feel his 2013 push was more deserving but should of been for a B SHOW PPV not fucking Wrestlemania, however. The 2010 MITB decision was just plain stupid

Alberto Del Rio was another guy that got a rocket push for no reason and certainly was not good enough for his accolades. Within six months he won the Royal Rumble and then another roughly six months won Money in The Bank, which of course led to him being undeservedly insert into the Punk/Cena rivalry. After all that he would win the WHC too and was US champion too. Nothing he did warranted such a push so fast and like Sheamus it seems like he went backwards as he was thrust into the main event early and didn't drop out of it for a couple years. Just don't get why they went so far with him.

7 hours ago, BiC said:

Ever since his face turn in 2012, I loved Sheamus. His moves, his look, I loved Sheamus during the PG era, and then 2015 happened. He won MITB, cashed in way to early, and got thrown against the wall week in and week out, it was a huge waist of a heel champion and for a man who should of had one reign back when he first one it, he didn't deserve nor need the reign he got in 2015/2016. 

It's interesting to see a sympathetic "You don't deserve this' rather than the usual annoyed 'You didn't deserve this!'
I think the push would've work so much better if he had the same attitude he does currently next to Cesaro.; Still a heel but he a "bro" type of swagger. It's hard to look back on the reign in 2015 and not see it for what it was those and that is a freshly made villain to conquer. And yet they didn't even go all the way with it after all the set up. Always felt like making Sheamus look good was a second thought considering that and as you said he deserved better.
So much potential with the League of Nations and Authority alliance. Best thing to come from it was 'Sheamus 5:15, so dumb but gold.

Mabel in 1995 when he won the King of the Ring tournament after splitting from Men on a Mission. We are lucky as a fan base that this was cut short before it could last any longer because a world where i could utter the words "Former WWE Champion Mabel" isn't one i would feel uncomfortable in. I liked Viscera during his return stints with the Ministry and as The Worlds Largest Love Machine but that initial push wasn't deserved or needed.

Going to go for something that was fairly recent and that was Baron Corbin winning the Money In The Bank Briefcase in 2017. He didn't deserve the briefcase and was definitely not championship material. It was good to see WWE let cooler heads prevail and not give him a World Championship at the end of it although it did lead to the Briefcase losing a bit of prestige 

On 4/20/2019 at 10:45 AM, Arius said:

It's interesting to see a sympathetic "You don't deserve this' rather than the usual annoyed 'You didn't deserve this!'
I think the push would've work so much better if he had the same attitude he does currently next to Cesaro.; Still a heel but he a "bro" type of swagger. It's hard to look back on the reign in 2015 and not see it for what it was those and that is a freshly made villain to conquer. And yet they didn't even go all the way with it after all the set up. Always felt like making Sheamus look good was a second thought considering that and as you said he deserved better.
So much potential with the League of Nations and Authority alliance. Best thing to come from it was 'Sheamus 5:15, so dumb but gold.

I feel like Sheamus, while he does have the skills to be a main eventer as we have seen before, he is the wrong type of guy to be in an authority, like you said, the "bro" swagger he has going on, he is that. A hard hitting badass heel that isn't meant to have any sort of gimmick and I feel like at that time there is much better options, such as giving the briefcase to Ziggler again, hell throw in a wildcard and give it to Cody Rhodes, Ryback, or someone else. Sheamus, while I feel like he does have the look, didn't deserve it in the way he got it.

Image result for money in the bank 2015

This is one that is going to be unpopular I think as a lot of people now like him but Roman Reigns. Now I have to begrudgingly admit that he’s a great wrestler but he didn’t deserve to main event Mania 31. Luckily WWE saw the error of their ways and made sure he didn’t win it by bringing in Rollins to create one of the best ever Mania moments. If they’d have pushed Reigns better he would have been a lot more liked 

On 4/22/2019 at 7:26 AM, Julius said:

Going to go for something that was fairly recent and that was Baron Corbin winning the Money In The Bank Briefcase in 2017. He didn't deserve the briefcase and was definitely not championship material. It was good to see WWE let cooler heads prevail and not give him a World Championship at the end of it although it did lead to the Briefcase losing a bit of prestige 

What's more is WWE continues to give him push after push. Not going to lie but the fact he was the one beating Kurt Angle in his final match out of everyone on the roster is dumb.

5 hours ago, JoshsNow said:

This is one that is going to be unpopular I think as a lot of people now like him but Roman Reigns. Now I have to begrudgingly admit that he’s a great wrestler but he didn’t deserve to main event Mania 31. Luckily WWE saw the error of their ways and made sure he didn’t win it by bringing in Rollins to create one of the best ever Mania moments. If they’d have pushed Reigns better he would have been a lot more liked 

I think Roman has all the ability to be the top guy but the authority feud which tried to put Roman in Daniel's place screwed up his main event rise because of how forced it was. Plus he is booked in weird underdog comeback matches when he should be a straight up badass. Also he never moved on to be an individual after the shield as he still has the similar gear and music.