WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch the first episode of WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Crown Jewel

WWE returns to Saudi Arabia LIVE on the WWE Network.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • WWE 2k20 content coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Maasa

Wrestlers with Undeserved Pushes in WWE/WCW

I think of wrestlers like Erik Watts, Vladimir Kozlov, Ahmed Johnson, JBL, The Great Khali I can go on and on this is a pretty big problem in Wrestling the wrestlers who deserves a push doesn't get one but a guy way bigger and is more musclar gets a push doesn't. What's your opinion on the topic and the wrestlers who didnt or don't deserve a push

9 minutes ago, Maasa said:

I think of wrestlers like Erik Watts, Vladimir Kozlov, Ahmed Johnson, JBL, The Great Khali I can go on and on this is a pretty big problem in Wrestling the wrestlers who deserves a push doesn't get one but a guy way bigger and is more musclar gets a push doesn't. What's your opinion on the topic and the wrestlers who didnt or don't deserve a push

Totally disagree about JBL and Ahmed Johnson. Johnson was a not bad guy to push during the New Generation with the lack of talent WWF had at the time, his only issues were that he was injury prone. JBL was an amazing heel in 2004/05 and definatly deserved his WWE Championship run, although I will agree it went on longer than it probably should.

A guy I do believe didn't deserve the push he got in WWF was Giant Gonzalez. How did that guy get a Wrestlemania match with Undertaker I will never know!

7 minutes ago, Alex Costa said:

Totally disagree about JBL and Ahmed Johnson. Johnson was a not bad guy to push during the New Generation with the lack of talent WWF had at the time, his only issues were that he was injury prone. JBL was an amazing heel in 2004/05 and definatly deserved his WWE Championship run, although I will agree it went on longer than it probably should.

A guy I do believe didn't deserve the push he got in WWF was Giant Gonzalez. How did that guy get a Wrestlemania match with Undertaker I will never know!

To be fair Taker wasn't as legendary back then. I personally think that, if you want a modern example, look no further than Nia Jax. She ruined one of the best matches on the Survivor Series card, concusses and facially fractures one of the company's hottest stars, and cannot cut a promo without breaking a mic and/or our eardrums, and gets a push literally BECAUSE of that. It's stupid and this whole "facebreaker" gimmick makes me so frustrated. She keeps saying she'll punch people, yet she never does even attempt to throw a punch when she has the opportunity. She has apparently no confidence in herself in the ring, as she obviously shouldn't.

18 minutes ago, Alex Costa said:

Valid Statement with what you said and I agree with what you said about giant Gonzalez

What a hot mess Vladimir Kozlov was, I mean in 2008-2009 the guy defeated some of Smackdown's biggest names. He beat Hardy and Triple H before beating the Undertaker on a random episode of Smackdown! I don't know what they saw in this guy but he was definitely someone who did not deserve the push his was getting 

Erik Watts is a bloody great shout Maasa, the guy only got his push in WCW because his father was running things.

I guess I could say Tatanka, simply for the fact he had such a long undefeated streak despite being nothing but a foreigner stereotype character. 

Jinder Mahal

Daniel Bryan Royal Rumble 2014 to Wrestlemania 30 (I'm not including anything before Royal Rumble 2014 because Daniel Bryan was in that incredible storyline coming out of NXT and heading into Summerslam 2013)

AJ Styles came in Day One and Was Handed a WWE Championship Match Via The Royal Rumble (Some people in that years rumble deserved to be WWE Champion Others did not)

Finn Balor (Debuted on the main Roster and had a rocket strapped to his ass and WWE ended up paying for it instead of having finn built up to take down The Miz hold the IC Title for a Bit drop it and then go on to Win The Royal Rumble and Go on To Win The Universal Championship At Wrestlemania and have one of the best Break Out years in WWE History)

Samoa Joe(Debuted on the main roster and did nothing to deserve a world title match i mean can you name one memorable match Joe had on the main roster to warrant a World title shot, Where as in TNA he was built up as this unbeatable Monster Who went on to win the X-Division title before winning the world title...........WWE Didn't do that with Joe they strapped a rocket to his ass and handed him a world title shot and he lost to brock in 6 minutes)

Braun Strowman (Several Reason He didn't do anything on the main roster to deserve it, Two i knew he was heading down a path that people were going to hate, braun was going to win the world title drop it and be booked like so many giants before him, Kane, After his first world title he won it and then dropped it immediately the next night, Big Show with his many face and heel turns, The great khali)

Shinsuke Nakamura (Well i don't need to get into that)

Honorable Mention - Sami Zayn But that was a one off so i can't be to harsh on him

Santino Marella... where do i even start? Santino was a comedy act and he was always going to stay as one in 2011 (i think) out of all the people in the royal rumble he was the last one who was eliminated and in that same year he replaced Randy Orton in the elimination chamber match... WHY!? He's a comedy act and a jobber and they should have just kept him as one.

On 3/28/2019 at 8:16 PM, Aaron North said:

Santino Marella... where do i even start? Santino was a comedy act and he was always going to stay as one in 2011 (i think) out of all the people in the royal rumble he was the last one who was eliminated and in that same year he replaced Randy Orton in the elimination chamber match... WHY!? He's a comedy act and a jobber and they should have just kept him as one.

I wouldn't count that as an undeserved push honestly. The Royal Rumble example he only reached the last spot in the match itself by luck after being knocked out and rolling to the outside. Portraying the hopeless underdog and fulfilling his spot to get a pop from the crowd. 

The Elimination Chamber is harder to argue but when The Great Khali took the place of Mark Henry in the match it was turning into a bit of a train wreck already.That place being given to Santino over names like Ted DiBiase Jr, Drew McIntyre, Tyler Reks (he could've done something with the spot) seemed questionable at the time but going off the crowd reaction he was getting during that match he fulfilled his purpose.as a fan favourite falling to the champion.
If he had won the match, won the Royal Rumble it would definitely by an undeserved push but these were one off moments.

Sheamus was pushed way too hard way too fast. He was not good enough to be winning the WWE Championship in his first six months. It is mind boggling how he racked up so many accolades that I don't think he deserved when there were better roster members. If he had a slower rise that let him develop into a worthy performer maybe it would be different. It's kind of like his career went backwards with how he had won the WWE Championship early but has declined over time into a low tier heel tag member. Reverse that and it's a great story. Personally he just doesn't come off as a main event fella to me.

Image result for baron corbin gif

One of the easiest examples, Baron Corbin has been pushed multiple times and has failed every time. As a man who has supported him recently, I have changed my mind after watching back his matches and promos, Corbin is garbage. He is good at being an asshole, but he doesn't have the right type of heat and never has. He was the biggest waste of MITB I've seen, and he actually defeat Kurt Angle clean at Wrestlemania 35 after doing nothing since 2017, he doesn't deserve the main heel spot on RAW, and I'll never understand why he has it. 

Image result for Sheamus gif

Ever since his face turn in 2012, I loved Sheamus. His moves, his look, I loved Sheamus during the PG era, and then 2015 happened. He won MITB, cashed in way to early, and got thrown against the wall week in and week out, it was a huge waist of a heel champion and for a man who should of had one reign back when he first one it, he didn't deserve nor need the reign he got in 2015/2016. 

On 3/28/2019 at 5:16 AM, Aaron North said:

Take it back, Santino was a top notch babyface during that time, go back and watch that Elimination Chamber and I dare you not to cheer him on, he didn't win, and it wasn't a PUSH push. It was AMAZING