WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch the first episode of WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Survivor Series

WWE's three brands collide at Survivor Series LIVE on the WWE Network.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • WWE 2k20 content coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Bart

Who Do You Think Will Be The First AEW World Champion?

Chris Jericho being the inaugural champion feels like the safe bet right now considering all the eyes that turned to AEW when he signed to the company. All the headlines of "Former WWE star signs with rival promotion" was hot for 24 hours on non-wrestling websites so if he was able to become their champion you might be able to get similar buzz. 
Kenny Omega winning it isn't far fetched but i see him as the chaser. Also would it feel a little corny if a member of the Elite won the championship first? 

They have a lot of young talent in AEW that have potential to be future stars so it will be interesting what this lineage might look like in a few years.

I'm thinking a large tournament where they crown Hangman Page over Chris Jericho in the finals. Imagine the story-telling: Chris Jericho, the safe-bet to be the champion, multi-time World Champion, a Ten time Intercontinental Champion, against the underdog that has been fighting for everything since day one through ROH, NJPW, Bullet Club, and The Elite.

Seeing as I have more brain cells now, let me iterate my new opinion. I think it's between PAC and Page. I haven't seen Page wrestle, so that check mark goes to PAC (btw I don't mean WWE Neville I mean Defiant), however Hangman is the way to go if you're looking for a face victory to cap off the first show in the promotion's history.

Well, now that PAC is apparently outta the question, I think the World Champion will be either Chris Jericho or Cody. Both are the most recognizable name of the bunch in America so either would make a good choice for the first World Champion. Personally I'd bet on Jericho.

If it isn't Jericho, I think they're making a mistake. Huge part of AEW's hype wasn't that the elite was starting a company but that one of the greatest ever and WWE mainstay for almost 2 decades Chris Jericho signed. Obviously building new stars is important and Page is a 'foundational piece' but just this opportunity is enough. I don't know Page very well and don't think he should beat Jericho. 

After last night if they don't go with Jericho they will be making a grave mistake. Page is still unknown to most American views and while he is good, he is still not at the level I would trust him with the top title of a new company. Jericho while he is getting up there in age is still there biggest name overall so it's the smart choice from a business standpoint to put a brand new World title onto. He adds instant credibility to that championship.

If they go with Hangman Page as there first world Champion what a disaster that will be. First they would be showing that they are giving one of there boys the world Championship.  2 hes not ready to win the world Championship. 3. Most people don't know all about Hangman page. It's so obvious that Jericho should be the first champ and it's not funny. And it's a Good Obvious answer. Hes so perfect to be the first champ and that's why its obvious. Hes you're biggest Star and biggest Character. Everyone knows who Chris Jericho is. This is an easy Decision. Jericho should be heading into that first AEW tv show as the World Heavyweight Champion.  It's just that simple 

Jericho no doubt in my mind. If you want to get your company buzzing even more give the title to someone everyone knows in Jericho. Page will be great as they build him up. But if you are going to build him up as a baby face you can't give him the title right away. If you wanted to build up page quickly you should have Jericho get a tainted win and then start a feud up. Would get page a lot of exposure with casual fans with him feuding with the most known person in the company. Eventually leading to people getting behind him.

Jericho should and most likely will be the first AEW Champion since he’s the biggest superstar in the company and would make people go “oh, I know Jericho, yeah I’ll watch this” and then once they’ve hooked all their viewers in from making Jericho Champion then they can give it so somebody like Hangman Page who not everybody knows about but will know about once they’ve developed that fan base.