BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Summerslam

Discuss the biggest event of the Summer in WWE, Summerslam!
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Bart

Who Do You Think Will Be The First AEW World Champion?

Title is very self explaining. 

I think they go Jericho to be honest. Yes he isn't there maybe as much as others, but he is a back name that can take the title to tv shows and really get as much exposure on the brand as possible. Meanwhile you can have the elite feud with someone other people and than finally you can hand the belt to Omega or Cody after a couple of months.

I personally think they'll go with Page since i believe AEW will probably wanna directly start pushing the new stars moniker of the company instead of having an old veteran or an established name win the championship straight away not to say Page isn't established but if he were to defeat Pac to win the world title he would become a lot more legitimate beating someone who right now is seen as a top independent worker and someone who was a former WWE star.    

I agree that PAC will probably be the first world champion.  So far he and Page are the only ones who seem to have a feud going or in place to begin, and I just think PAC is overall a better worker and better on the mic.  That match should be awesome though and it should put Page in a place to receive a world title run sometime in the near future.

I'm a firm believer of a new promotions should give it's biggest star the belt to start so I would go with Kenny Omega, who is their best wrestler and Omega vs Pac would be an amazing first feud while Cody and Jericho go at it as the other big feud. It would fosho be the best route that they could go.

I don't think that they'll make anyone from Elite the first world champion in order to avoid any suspicion of bias booking to their clique. Outside of the Elite, I believe PAC is the best option. He's a great performer and showed how valuable he can make a championship when he carried the cruiserweight division on his back for around a year. Furthermore, I believe the best way to book a championship's origins is to have the first champion be a top performer with a lengthy reign filled with quality performances and entertaining encounters, things that PAC is capable of achieving.

I've got PAC being the Inaugural Champion. His match with Hangman is going to be great and I'd imagine that he will face the winner of Omega/Jericho II for the championship. Having someone like PAC who is on fire working the indies and has the WWE face recognition against Omega, who is very popular in his own right for your Inaugural World Champion would be pretty big.

Either Jericho or Omega, they are their biggest guys in the company, who wins will make it great, they know what to do evaluate a title, especially Jericho who been champion so many times, you can't count on your fingers, so hopefully that they will do well with it. 

Now that Kenny Omega has officially signed with AEW its going to be hard to go past him as the first World Champion. He's one of the more recognizable names on the roster, has youth on his side and can definitely be the face of the company. If Kenny doesn't become the inaugural champion then I would be very very surprised 

Can't really see them not putting it on Kenny first since he has been branded as some sort of wrestling revolutionary and they would want his name permanently in the books and parade him around as the face of the company. Jericho is the only alternative as he is one of the greatest and having him be the first champion would be a huge deal as him just being signed to AEW is a big shift so him being champion would be great for him to lead them up in the business.