BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Clash of Champions

Every title is on the line at WWE Clash of Champions! Discuss the event here.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
FDS

WWE Cruiserweight Championship: Buddy Murphy (c) VS Akira Tozawa

20190205_EC_MurphyAkira--255c452fee4b8b3

ince winning the WWE Cruiserweight Championship at WWE Super Show-Down in his hometown of Melbourne, Australia last year,Buddy Murphy has been on a quest to prove he is the best Cruiserweight competitor on the planet by maintaining the highest level of competitiveness. The champion has defeated Superstars such as Cedric Alexander, Mustafa Ali and Hideo Itami and has requested that WWE 205 Live General Manager Drake Maverick send him only the best opponents from all over the world, such as Humberto Carrillo.

Akira Tozawa defeated Alexander, Lio Rush and Carrillo in a Fatal 4-Way Elimination Match on WWE 205 Live to earn the opportunity to challenge Murphy for the championship. The victory was the latest in a string of successes since partnering with his former nemesis The Brian Kendrick, which included wins against Drew Gulak and Hideo Itami. A former WWE Cruiserweight Champion, Tozawa has the opportunity to bring his unique combination of speed, agility and hard-hitting to reclaim the title and return to the top of the Cruiserweight division.

Can Akira Tozawa dethrone Buddy Murphy, or is the WWE Cruiserweight Champion truly unstoppable?

Don’t miss WWE Elimination Chamber on Sunday, Feb. 17, at 7 ET/4 PT to see which Cruiserweight hoists the championship, streaming live on the award-winning WWE Network.

WWE.com

This should be a very exciting matchup. I find Tozawa to be one of the most underrated guys on the 205 Live Roster. The guy is really good, just suffers from the same issues as other Japanese guys, the lack of English capability. That said the only outcome I see is Buddy Murphy retaining his title in what could easily be one of the best matches on the card.

On 2/6/2019 at 8:38 AM, Alex Costa said:

This should be a very exciting matchup. I find Tozawa to be one of the most underrated guys on the 205 Live Roster. The guy is really good, just suffers from the same issues as other Japanese guys, the lack of English capability. That said the only outcome I see is Buddy Murphy retaining his title in what could easily be one of the best matches on the card.

True, but Akira Tozawa is a former Cruiserweight Champion in his own right. He won the title against Neville in 2017 and I hope he could win it again for the second time. 

9 minutes ago, owendalton said:

Good match in terms of wrestling. I’m glad Buddy retained because Akira is literally WWE’s replacement for Hideo. It would’ve made me mad if he had won, and I don’t get why he held the title in the first place. 3 1/4 star match.

Tozawa was champ before Itami was even on the 205 roster. Just because they're both Japanese doesn't make one or the other a replacement.