BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Clash of Champions

Every title is on the line at WWE Clash of Champions! Discuss the event here.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Julius

RAW Tag-Team Championship Match: Aleister Black and Ricochet vs Chad Gable and Bobby Roode vs The Revival (C)

image.png

At WWE Fastlane, The Revival will defend their Raw Tag Team Championships against not only former titleholders Chad Gable & Bobby Roode, but also the dynamic recent additions to Monday Night Raw, Aleister Black & Ricochet. 

One week after debuting on Raw, NXT all-stars Ricochet & Black scored a pinfall over The Revival in a high-action, non-title contest. As a result, the up-and-coming tandem received a controversial Raw Tag Team Title Match the following week, an opportunity that some established pairings in the locker room believed they hadn’t yet earned. 

Perhaps this included Roode & Gable, the team Dash & Dawson had defeated to win the titles. The former titleholders were vocally stewing on the outside the squared cirlce during the contest — perhaps over the lack of an automatic rematch clause that would give them another crack at the titles.

Roode & Gable swarmed The Revival in the middle of the match, notching a disqualification for the champions and giving the attackers a chance to assert themselves against the NXT newcomers. Their attempt to throw hands ended in disastrous fashion, however, as Black & Ricochet sent them ingloriously from the ring before posing ominously in the center of the squared circle. Whether Black & Ricochet would have definitely won the titles is a matter of pure conjecture, but the lasting image of the match left no such doubt: Much like The Revival, Roode & Gable may have picked a fight they aren’t ready for.

As a result of the controversial finish, WWE.com Exclusive video revealed that the three teams will now square off in what is sure to be a complete free-for-all.  

Don’t miss WWE Fastlane, streaming live on WWE Network this Sunday at 7 ET/4 PT.

This is the wrong way for Ricochet and Aliestar Black. Two of the top singles performers in NXT being thrown together into a make shift tag team and facing for the championships instead of being able to stand on their own. It bums me out. And they are going against another make shift tag team in Roode & Gable.

The tag team matches were fine introducing the talents but making it an official duo just seems odd. Is it wrong to call them Mini Nexus? For their existence as a team comes off where they come from.

Anyway, i'm sure the match itself will be great. Everyone in the match can deliver. 

To be completely honest it is really disappointing to see Aleister Black and Ricochet being forced into the damaging RAW Tag-Team Division. None of the Teams are over to any extent and that spells trouble for Ricochet and Black. WWE have also booked themselves into a hole here, giving Ricochet and Black the titles would be a terrible idea but having them lose on their first ever PPV match would also be as equally damaging. It wasn't hard for them to be pushed as Singles stars but what would you expect from WWE

one you guys are over reacting because black and ricochet are in the dusty rhodes classic so logically WWE are transitioning that to the main roster

two i'd love to See Black and Ricochet win the tag team team titles I rather that then them being HANDED a world title shot for doing nothing on the main roster and that hurts me because i'm a huge fan of Aleister black

To be honest I want Black and Ricochet to win the tag titles.  Like yeah it makes the revival look bad but that cannot be helped now.  WWE made the match, Black shouldn't be losing matches so soon after debut and neither should Ricochet, they need to look strong so they look like big stars.   Having them win the tag titles now would be the best for them moving forward. Who can face them if they win?  No clue, maybe Heavy Machinery?  They are the only threats in the tag division left. 

Black and Ricochet are good, but just because you put together two faces who are good in the ring doesn't mean it works, yes they are good, yes they would make for a good tag team, if the story made sense. But no, they are just two NXT callups with no story, no hype, nothing behind them. Aleister Blacks character is ruined, because how is he going to be a mysterious, dark character when he is teaming with a high flying, bright character like Ricochet? I don't like how these guys were called up one bit, and I defiantly think they deserved better. I don't see a good career in WWE for either of these men based on there first month alone...Sad.  As for the RAW tag team divison, its a mess. The Revival are finally champions, but does it even feel like they are? The titles have become so useless, they need to introduce something new to spice it up. Some sort of ruling, or new look to the title. I am hoping The Revival keeps the titles, because I want to see The Revival defend at Wrestlemania or atleast make it on the card. This match could be good, fast paced action with some nice spots from Aliester and Ricochet, that is if they do it right. I believe that any match in WWE could be good if they just let them go, either way, I see The Revival walking out with the gold and thats who I want to walk out with the gold.

I didn't like this match as much as I wish I did. I've always disliked this match type because tagging other teams in and not having a member from each in is confusing but luckily these are rare. Hopefully The Revival stops jobbing as the champs and we see the division treated better with top quality action like this.