BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Clash of Champions

Every title is on the line at WWE Clash of Champions! Discuss the event here.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Julius

AEW Double or Nothing Discussion

Do you think that they will announce an impending weekly airing television show at this event or will we be waiting until sometime after before they announce anything official? I feel like they need to announce at least something after all the time that has passed since the companies announcement and the momentum behind it. 

20 minutes ago, Arius said:

Do you think that they will announce an impending weekly airing television show at this event or will we be waiting until sometime after before they announce anything official? I feel like they need to announce at least something after all the time that has passed since the companies announcement and the momentum behind it. 

They should announce the tv deal here in this show

Omega vs Jericho II and PAC vs Hangman Page are definatly the two matches I most wanna see. Young Bucks vs Lucha Bros should be good too even if I don't care much about the titles in question.

Also really curious to discover some new wrestlers I haven't seen like Nyla Rose (Who I have heard got some notority for being a Transgender), Brandon Cutler, Ace Romero, etc...

47 minutes ago, Aaron North said:

I've heard some rumors that MJF is gonna be on the show and he'd be facing Cody but i'm not sure how true those rumors are.

my predication is going to be Marty Scurll, simply because Cody said it was personal so that why I see him. Don't really see anyone else being his opponent.

14 hours ago, Hans said:

my predication is going to be Marty Scurll, simply because Cody said it was personal so that why I see him. Don't really see anyone else being his opponent.

That would be an incredible way to announce he has signed with the company even with how sure it felt from the beginging once he left ROH (RIP Villain Enterprises). Though would that make it a friendly contest or maybe a "you left me behind" anger?
No offence to MJF but he isn't exactly a surprise opponent though seeing him clash with Cody down the line would be great, mostly for the promos.  

Kenny Omega vs. Chris Jericho

AAA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
The Young Bucks (c) vs. Pentagon Jr. (AAA World Tag Team Championship)

"Hangman" Adam Page vs. PAC

SCU (Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian, and Scorpio Sky) vs. CIMA and two OWE partners

Britt Baker vs. Nyla Rose vs. Kylie Rae

Cody vs. TBD

OVER BUDGET BATTLE ROYAL
Sonny Kiss, Kip Sabian, Brandon Cutler, Ace Romero, TBA

More to come 

On 4/17/2019 at 6:12 PM, MARKER said:

Scurll will be a great signing once he signs to AEW, he has all the talent in the world to success in AEW, also he in The Elite, of course he getting pushed

As much as  would like to see Marty Scurll back with his old friends at AEW, I think with the departure of guys like Cody because of AEW, Scurll can main event ROH as I consider him currently one of their big four (Matt Taven, Jay Lethal, and Dalton Castle being the other three) whereas he would've been stuck in the mid-card because of Cody and the rest of The Elite occupying the main event scene.

Are they going to do a shitty battle royale at all of their events? Mostly sounds like a good card but then they are doing another BR for...? Also just doesn't have the same big feel because All In was this big seemingly one time event but this doesn't feel as hyped up. Like there's already other shows being planned with matches announced which makes these feel more ordinary. I'm worried that the novelty of AEW will wear out quickly.

11 hours ago, I Can't Odd said:

Are they going to do a shitty battle royale at all of their events? Mostly sounds like a good card but then they are doing another BR for...?

I hope not because the idea will wear thing quickly. I think they are bringing it back this time because of the time between All In and Double or Nothing but i hope it turns into a match kept for maybe their "Wrestlemania", their PPV to cap of a year so to speak. Though they could use it to highlight local or indepdent talent to open the show as well which could be a good evolution of the match type? A showcase to open a show.

A fantastic video to hype the match. In less than six minutes I am more invested in this match than anything else on the card for Double or Nothing. There's a story here, there is bad blood, and Dustin did a great job expressing why we should care. It was disappointing at the time that WWE dropped the feud between the two when they were working on it but now we get the clash
I like how they reference Stardust through bleeps. When a company reference WWE for the sake of referencing it then it's distracting but using it here adds to the history between the brothers. It will be interesting see what attire he enters with to match the new face paint.

They have been dropping hints for awhile and I am glad that it is in fact Dustin that Cody is facing. That was an amazing video and like Arius it has gotten me more excited than anything else though that may change as we get closer to the event.. This is a money match right here and the card as is looks good for the first event under the AEW banner, hopefully they don't add anything that would drag the quality down.

Absolutely loved Cody Rhodes' promo for his match with Goldust. It was presented really well. Wasn't over the top. He said what he needed to say. Didn't drag on. He took some shots, he made some strong points. Just basically hit on everything a good promo should have. So far the presentation of this gives me some strong hopes of the future of AEW.