BrendenPlayz Survivor Series

Survivor Series is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz. View the match card!
Match Card

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here

Extreme Rules

Discuss the upcoming WWE PPV, Extreme Rules!
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Julius

NXT TakeOver: New York Discussion

Image result for NXT TakeOver New York poster

• Johnny Gargano vs Adam Cole 2 out of 3 falls match (NXT Championship)
  • Shayna Baszler (C) vs Kairi Sane vs Io Shirai vs Bianca Belair (NXT Women's Championship)
  • Pete Dunne (C) vs Walter (WWE UK Championship)
  • Velveteen Dream (C) vs Matt Riddle (NXT North-American Championship)
  • The War Raiders (C) vs Ricochet and Aleister Black (NXT Tag-Team Championships)

Haven't been tuning into NXT lately, Pete Dunne vs Walter is going to be amazing and I can't wait for it. I imagine they will have a few non title matches as always, but right now this doesn't look like a Wrestlemania style card, Johnny Gargano vs Adam Cole will defiantly be great. And I imagine whoever TVD faces it'll be a fire match as well, NXT is great. And I should watch it more so I am more invested in the storylines but Takeovers are so special and I wish WWE could capture that effect

image.png

A closer look was all Matt Riddle wanted when he came across the NXT North American Championship hoisted at the hands of Velveteen Dream on the March 6 edition of NXT.

Almost a month to that date, The Original Bro will get a chance to “experience” the coveted prize under the bright lights of TakeOver: New York. As announced by NXT General Manager William Regal on Twitter, Dream will defend his lofty NXT North American Title against Riddle in a showdown guaranteed to bring new meaning to the Big Apple’s famous “City That Never Sleeps” moniker.

The rivalry between the two dynamic and athletic Superstars brewed shortly after Dream’s emphatic victory over Johnny Gargano on the Feb. 20 installment of NXT. It wasn’t long after the enigmatic provocateur’s championship win that The Original Bro threw in his bid for a chance at the spotlight.

Last night, @SuperKingofBros nearly had @VelveteenWWE beat in the Fatal 5-Way. While Riddle came up short, I want to see what happens when Riddle and Dream compete one-on-one, for the NXT North American Title… at #NXTTakeover: New York!

After dismissing Riddle with a snap of the finger (and two words: “Dream over”) earlier in the month, Dream got a trace of Riddle’s championship desire firsthand on the March 20 editionof NXT, when they faced off amongst three other Superstars in a hard-hitting Fatal 5-Way Match to determine a No. 1 Contender for the NXT Title. The high-impact slugfest between them prompted Regal to make Dream vs. Riddle official for TakeOver: New York.

After having battled some of the best among the black-and-gold brand, Dream’s first title defense finds him up against a new sensation with an undefeated record in one-on-one competition. Can Riddle seize the NXT North American Championship, or will The Dream paint the New York City skyline with his purple reign?

See which Superstar takes the spotlight when they collide at TakeOver: New York, streaming live Friday, April 5, at 7 ET/4 PT, only on the award-winning WWE Network.

Time for WALTER to end Pete Dunne's lengthy title reign, there is nobody else that can right now. Also Dunne's chest will be mince meat. 

It's unfortunate that this is another Takeover where their main event has been changed due to injury (Black's injury costing the Triple Threat at Brooklyn 4), but Cole vs. Gargano should be great.

The Injury to ciampa is unfortunate but I feel like the card is not gonna suffer that much although Cole VS Gargano doesn't have a huge story currently but what's kind of cool is that we are guaranteed the first ever NXT Triple Crown Champion (I don't care if WWE doesn't recognise it, Cole held tag briefly and he even defended it), personally I hope Gargano walks out as champion so that he can defend it against Ciampa once he's back. 

WALTER ending Dunne's Reign Finally. Not much else to say there. 

Riddle VS Dream is 100% the hardest match to pick on the card, on one hand Dream just won the championship and I don't know if WWE want him to lose it that quickly but on the other they have been pushing Matt Riddle pretty hard, I'm gonna go with Riddle but only barely. 

I personally don't have much interest for the womens four way, i'm hoping Shirai wins but i feel like it's just a way to take the belt of baszler without her taking the pin and War Machine are obviously going to retain the tag titles. 

image.png

It will be a game of thrones when The War Raiders defend the top crown in the NXT Tag Team division against Aleister Black & Ricochet at TakeOver: New York.

On the March 27 installment of NXT, Black & Ricochet were knighted as winners of the 2019 Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic after defeating The Forgotten Sons. In notching the milestone victory, the fast-and-furious duo earned themselves an NXT Tag Team Championship Match against Hanson & Rowe at TakeOver. After surviving formidable tandems like Marcel Barthel & Fabian Aichner, #DIY and Forgotten Sons, the Dusty Classic winners now will meet their toughest challenge yet when they face off against the battle-tested War Raiders.

It was at TakeOver: Phoenix that Hanson & Rowe pillaged The Undisputed ERA’s championship reign and cast a menacing cloud over the Tag Team division. Since then, the rough and grizzled pair’s intimidating rule welcomed the targets of eight teams vying for the throne – all before it became just one.

Can Black & Ricochet topple the champions and snatch the NXT Tag Team crown, or will the mighty Hanson & Rowe continue to tighten their rule with an iron fist? Find out who will hold court in the end when NXT TakeOver: New York streams live Friday, April 5, on WWE Network at 7 ET/4 PT.

WWE has been releasing hype videos for the NXT matches on their Youtube channel and it's only increased my excitement to see their clashes. Now Cole vs Gargano for example was put together in a short time due to injury but through their brief promos and now this package i feel like this is some sort of blood feud and i'm all in. Also video packages with wrestlers doing impressive shit in workouts i'm here for. It worked for Rocky it can work for NXT. I wish WWE had the same video production.

• Shayna Baszler (C) vs Kairi Sane vs Io Shirai vs Bianca Belair (NXT Women's Championship)
  • Pete Dunne (C) vs Walter (WWE UK Championship) (DQ)
  • The War Raiders (C) vs Ricochet and Aleister Black (NXT Tag-Team Championships)

• Johnny Gargano vs Adam Cole 2 out of 3 falls match (NXT Championship)
  • Shayna Baszler (C) vs Kairi Sane vs Io Shirai vs Bianca Belair (NXT Women's Championship)
  • Pete Dunne (C) vs Walter (WWE UK Championship) 
  • Velveteen Dream (C) vs Matt Riddle (NXT North-American Championship)
  • The War Raiders (C) vs Ricochet and Aleister Black (NXT Tag-Team Championships)

Johnny Gargano vs Adam Cole 2 out of 3 falls match (NXT Championship)

Shayna Baszler (C) vs Kairi Sane vs Io Shirai vs Bianca Belair (NXT Women's Championship)

Pete Dunne (C) vs Walter (WWE UK Championship) 

Velveteen Dream (C) vs Matt Riddle (NXT North-American Championship)

The War Raiders (C) vs Ricochet and Aleister Black (NXT Tag-Team Championships)

• Johnny Gargano vs Adam Cole 2 out of 3 falls match (NXT Championship)
  • Shayna Baszler (C) vs Kairi Sane vs Io Shirai vs Bianca Belair (NXT Women's Championship)
  • Pete Dunne (C) vs Walter (WWE UK Championship)
  • Velveteen Dream (C) vs Matt Riddle (NXT North-American Championship)
  • The War Raiders (C) vs Ricochet and Aleister Black (NXT Tag-Team Championships)

• Pete Dunne (C) vs Walter (WWE UK Championship)

• Johnny Gargano vs Adam Cole 2 out of 3 falls match (NXT Championship)
  • Shayna Baszler (C) vs Kairi Sane vs Io Shirai vs Bianca Belair (NXT Women's Championship)
  • Pete Dunne (C) vs Walter (WWE UK Championship)
  • Velveteen Dream (C) vs Matt Riddle (NXT North-American Championship)
  • The War Raiders (C) vs Ricochet and Aleister Black (NXT Tag-Team Championships)

Johnny Gargano vs Adam Cole 2 out of 3 falls match (NXT Championship)

Shayna Baszler (C) vs Kairi Sane vs Io Shirai vs Bianca Belair (NXT Women's Championship)

Pete Dunne (C) vs Walter (WWE UK Championship)

Velveteen Dream (C) vs Matt Riddle (NXT North-American Championship)

The War Raiders (C) vs Ricochet and Aleister Black (NXT Tag-Team Championships)

Johnny Gargano vs Adam Cole 2 out of 3 falls match (NXT Championship)

Shayna Baszler (C) vs Kairi Sane vs Io Shirai vs Bianca Belair (NXT Women's Championship)

Pete Dunne (C) vs Walter (WWE UK Championship)

Velveteen Dream (C) vs Matt Riddle (NXT North-American Championship)

The War Raiders (C) vs Ricochet and Aleister Black (NXT Tag-Team Championships)