BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Clash of Champions

Every title is on the line at WWE Clash of Champions! Discuss the event here.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Arius

WWE Championship: “The New” Daniel Bryan vs. Kofi Kingston

D2odbkOW0AA5lHD.jpg

For the love of their New Day cohort Kofi Kingston, Big E & Xavier Woods reigned supreme in a Tag Team Gauntlet Match, conquering the likes of Gallows & Anderson, Rusev & Shinsuke Nakamura, The Bar, The Usos and eventually “The New” Daniel Bryan & Rowan to finally earn The Dreadlocked Dynamo his much-deserved WWE Championship Match against Bryan at WrestleMania.  

Kingston began his WrestleMania quest when he competed in a Gauntlet Match prior to WWE Elimination Chamber, lasting an hour and racking up three eliminations in a performance that had the WWE Universe clamoring for Kofi to be given a chance on a bigger stage. Kingston put on another stellar performance inside the Chamber, making it to the final two and nearly dethroning Bryan before narrowly coming up short.

Although Kingston was initially given a one-on-one WWE Championship opportunity at WWE Fastlane, the rug was suddenly pulled out from under him when Mr. McMahon replaced him with a returning Kevin Owens. Also at WWE Fastlane, The Chairman baited Kofi into the ring for a Handicap Match against The Bar, resulting in a 2-on-1 demolition.

In the wake of what The New Day and the WWE Universe considered an outrage, Kingston, Big E and Woods confronted Mr. McMahon on SmackDown LIVE and implored him to give Kingston a legit chance. From there, the Gauntlet was thrown down, and Kingston conquered it in heroic fashion by overcoming United States Champion Samoa Joe, The Bar, Randy Orton and Rowan. Moments after the determined competitor turned in the awe-inspiring performance, however, Mr. McMahon once again turned the tables on him, adding Bryan to the contest and assuring that the war-torn competitor would finally taste defeat.

The fed-up New Day considered quitting WWE if the situation was not rectified, but before they could walk out, Mr. McMahon responded by putting Kingston’s fate in the hands of Big E and Woods, placing the duo in a Tag Team Gantlet Match to determine if Kingston would go to The Showcase of the Immortals, and The Power of Positivity conquered that task in heroic fashion.

Kingston will now go to war with the outspoken Bryan, who has spent months looking down his nose at the WWE Universe and berating them for their lifestyles, in a matchup that could very well steal the show on The Grandest Stage of Them All. Bryan, who turned back five challengers to retain his title inside the Elimination Chamber and overcame Kevin Owens and Ali in an edge-of-your-seat Triple Threat Match at WWE Fastlane, recently scoffed at the notion of defending the WWE Championship against Kingston, whom The Planet’s Champion has repeatedly referred to as a “B-plus player.”

After 11 years of blood, sweat and tears, can Kingston realize his dream by capturing the WWE Championship at The Showcase of the Immortals? 

This is the real Main event of Wrestlemania. I do believe Kofi really stole all of Becky's Momentum. He needs to win. If he doesn't win then forget about the rest of the show because the crowd will shit on everything. Its time for Kofi to win the WWE Championship 

Kofi needs to win this match. It would be a massive anti-climax for him to lose here, at the culmination of this huge groundswell of genuine crowd support. Bryan and Kingston have done some amazing stuff in the build to this match in both promo and in-ring, wouldn't be surprised if we see a match of the night here.

I don't think Kofi will win, and if he does it will be a very short reign, will be cool tho and I am glad they finally ended this storyline after dragging it out for so long, although i hated on it at times I did enjoy it and it was good to see WWE actually try with a storyline, I think this match will defiantly be good and if it isn't I'd be disappointed, I have high hopes and Kofi/Bryan are great, I imagine Rowan will get involved, maybe the SD roster comes out to attack Rowan or something, I defiantly don't see it being a fair one on one, in the end of the day I hope Kofi wins, but wouldn't be surprised to see him lose

The build to this match has been phenomenal especially the emotion the fans have had towards Vince continuously screwing Kofi. Now that we have this match at Mania surely they won't throw in a big swerve and just have Bryan retain. This is an open goal that WWE can't miss if they want to have a successful Mania. Kofi must win, I think he will and these two will put on one incredible match

This has definitely been the best built match on the road to Wrestlemania and at this point I'd really be shocked if Kofi doesn't win. He's the most over guy in the company at the moment and it just seems like the logical decision to have him win with how great they've made him look the last month or so, putting on an amazing performance in the Chamber and winning the gauntlet match. I don't think WWE have a choice with putting the title on Kofi, this match really does determine whether the crowd will enjoy the rest of the show or not, because if he loses the crowd won't care about anything else after. Bryan has been a great champion for me but I don't want to see him win at all. I've no question in my mind that this match will be amazing, Bryan and Kingston are both great workers so I'm not too worried about the match quality, I just hope they don't get the result wrong. 

You know what i like about this feud?This is how Daniel Bryan Should have gotten into the main event of Wrestlemania

The fans took someone WWE Built up nicely and then turned him into roman reigns and forced him down our throats they cried about how daniel bryan wasn't in the royal rumble when he lost to Bray Wyatt (look where he is now off of TV) He lost at the elimination chamber yet he was handed 2 matches at wrestlemania undeservedly which made the royal rumble look pointless and it has been ever since

With Kofi Here you got a guy whose busted his ass off for 11 years who was never given a world title opportunity because management didn't feel like he was A World Champion Caliber Superstar

See what happens when you let Management build up someone whose worked their ass off for 11 Years? If mustafa ali was in this position it would have been forced because he would have stolen that spot from Rusev Cesaro Big E Kofi Kingston People who've been on the main roster longer than Ali has

As for the Winner I expect Kofi Kingston to win But its WWE they'll have Daniel Bryan Win

I agree with Bailey, this is the main event.  Even with the short story build, it has become the best story on the whole card.  WWE has booked this absolutely perfectly, and both Bryan and Kofi look like winning candidates in this match.  Kofi and the New Day have been doing fantastic and have proved that despite being treated as a joke for the past 2-3 years, they have what it takes to be intense and serious.  Bryan hasn't been slacking either, his promos have been excellent and him criticizing Kofi for being what he was once believed to be is quality.  I think Kofi will win the title, but if he doesn't at least it's Daniel Bryan retaining.

This match is without a doubt the unofficial main event of WrestleMania 35. Since a week before Elimination Chamber, Kofi Kingston entered the gauntlet match and I was immediately thinking he was there to take a early pin to Daniel Bryan, but shocking everyone by not only beating Daniel Bryan, he got passed Jeff Hardy and Samoa Joe before finally subcoming to AJ Styles. Then came the Elimination Chamber, gaining one elimination and him and Bryan putting on a incredible final two for the match before unfortunately losing. Then after that, #KofiMania was born. The build has been amazing, with Vince playing the dickhead authority boss incredible as always, making Kofi have to earn it by, first with another gauntlet match, only to have Daniel Bryan come and snatch it from under him. But The New Day never gave up and Big E and Xavier Woods won their own tag team gauntlet match to get Kofi this match. I've been a big fan of Kofi Kingston since his debut in 2008 because of his charisma and his unique move set, and i become a fan of his in ring work year later during his feud with Orton, especially that Survivor Series match. I love Daniel's run right now, but Kofi needs to win the WWE Championship, and if he does, this will be the most correct thing WWE done in years. 

"Happy Little Accidents" - Bob Ross
That is how i sum up the beginging of this feud. Kofi Kingston replacing Ali in the Elimination Chamber. Ali being injured might of been the best thing to happen to his career and since that PPV it's been one hell of a roller coast. I am so happy as a fan right now seeing Kofi Kingston fighting for the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania. So many fantasy storylines were created in the Universe mode of WWE Games of Kofi winning the championship and to see it actually possibly happen is fantastic.

The way WWE have handled the story has been great. They went a little overboard with their use of gauntlets but it didn't ruin the build up and now as Brad above me said, this is the unofficial main event. The other week i said confidently that Kofi Kingston had taken the momentum that Beck Lynch had going into Wrestlemania while they fumbled with the women's feud on some of the shows
They have presented a strong narrative, showing how much he has done in WWE and also showed why Xavier and Big E have played an integral role in Kofi’s career in their time as New Day and now with their constant support for their dream as a unit. Even on social media, Big E's Promo, the out pour of support on Kofi's tweets has been wonderful to see. There are few who have fought this hard for the right to be WWE Champion and one is currently the champion and the other is now Kofi Kingston. His opportunity is long earned, but I am glad its happening at Wrestlemania.

I actually feel like they will do a screw job of some sorts and let Bryan retain. I just don't know if Vince will go all the way with Kofi. Yes it's been a golden run for him. But does Vince have the faith that he can run with the belt? I don't know. I can kinda see Vince coming out and doing a screw job or doing even some kinda bait and switch last minute. The only downfall of this, is that if Kofi does lose, the show is over. It'll be hijacked and ruined. If they want to be safe it's gotta be a win for him. Unless, it's a New Day heel turn and they turn on Kofi. That would be massive heat and a heartbreak moment. One that many of us, don't really want to see. Myself included.

This was the real main event. I haven't felt this happy about a title win in so long. Kofi celebrating with his kids and the New Day made me tear up. The match itself was great and even if this reign is short this was the right choice. Eleven years led to the best moment of mania this year.

Year after year i (and many) would fantasy book New Day winning the MITB, winning the Royal Rumble and helping Kof Kingston finally win the world championship but really it always felt that they would never actually do it. This rise from Elimination Chamber has been a wild ride and i loved most every bit of it. 

Easily my match of the night and the match, as Odd  said, hat felt like a main event. Daniel Bryan is a class above anyone else many on the main roster and Kofi was brilliant as well. Daniel Bryan came off as an incredibly tough, clever and difficult- o beat champion, which put Kofi over all the more when he kicked his head off and then beat him soundly after taking so much punishment that night and the last month on Smackdown. Fantastic match ended with a genuinely heartwarming celebration as well. The Kofi family coming into the ring and Xavier Woods was trying to hold back his tears the best he could. It's rare that a match messes with my emotions but this gave me Eddie Guerrero winning the WWE Championship vibes.
Here's to hopefully a good run as champion.