Fastlane on BrendenPlayz

The RAW exclusive PPV Fastlane is coming soon to BrendenPlayz!
Match Card

BrendenPlayz Hall of Fame 2019

Find out who was inducted into the BPZ Hall of Fame for 2019 and read about their journey on the forums.
Read Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here

WWE Super ShowDown

The Undertaker vs. Goldberg, Triple H vs. Randy Orton and a 50-Man Battle Royal will take place at WWE Super ShowDown in Jeddah on Friday, June 7.
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Congratulations to Bailey for winning the BPZ World Heavyweight Championship!
  • NXT Takeover 12 and Fastlane is coming soon to Universe Mode!
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
Julius

Smackdown LIVE Discussion: April 16th 2019

image.png

After an exciting first night of the 2019 Superstar Shake-up, things are only going to get crazier tonight on SmackDown LIVE. WWE Chairman Mr. McMahon has promised to reveal the biggest acquisition in SmackDown LIVE history tonight. What major name will be joining Team Blue? Find out as the Superstar Shake-up continues on SmackDown LIVE, tonight at 8/7 C on USA Network!

1. Mr McMahon to reveal the biggest acquisition in Smackdown LIVE History
  2. Who will join Team Blue in the Superstar Shake-up?
  3. Who is Paige's New Team?
  4. What's next for WWE Champion Kofi Kingston?
  5. Will any team step up to the Hardy Boyz?

Brock Lesnar is coming to Smackdown. Has to be, no one else makes sense with the way how they are doing it. Brock being on FOX would be a nice touch and ensure that the show would get decent ratings to begin. I hope it's Reigns as I think that gives more interesting options, but I doubt it. 

My picks from the big names are Braun and Brock going to Smackdown.

The biggest pick tonight will be either Brock Lesnar or Roman Reigns making the jump to the Blue Brand.

Other picks I can see are the Revival, maybe Finn Balor, Shayna Baszler, probably the Sky Pirates (I feel they are likely the team Paige is promising), Lashley (Another credible name for the FOX network since he is an ex-MMA guy)

Roman, Elias, Breeze, and The Revival are my main picks to swap over. Also, I think Paige's surprise team for The IIconics is Kairi and Io. After the renaming of War Raiders last night, I would not be shocked to see them call them The Pirate Experience. Totally kidding. Or am I?

I did pretty solid with my RAW picks with The Usos, Naomi, Mysterio all moving to RAW last night but i'm second guessing some of my Smackdown picks. Still i feel like  Bobby Lashley, Ember Moon, Elias and a Pete Dunne call up tonight could take place. The Revival moving now makes more sense with The Usos officially moved and Tyler Breeze to smooth the broken heart of Xavier Woods & UUDD. 
Looking forward to seeing if it is actually Brock Lesnar who they move to Smackdown with Vince claiming it's the biggest acquisition 

After Vince's tweet, it seems as though Lesnar is making the jump to SmackDown which will be very interesting. Personally, I'd like to see Balor, Lashley & Rush, Ember, Ziggler or Gable make the jump over. They're all great talents that I think would excel on the blue brand. Also, I think it would be cool if Murphy left the cruiserweight division for SmackDown. If Alexa moved with him, they could make a really good pairing because from what I've seen, Murphy isn't the most entertaining on the microphone but can put on a good match. Even a cruiserweight like Gran Metalik could make a solid mid-carder for SmackDown.

Overall some good moves. Elias and Reigns moving was definitely needed. The women's division on Smackdown is looking pretty solid with some names that could break out and be really good for the brand there. Balor potentially working high profile matches will be a treat too. Nicely done WWE. I just wished Strowman came over too.

EDIT:

More names were switched over:

• Roman Reigns
  • Intercontinental Champion Finn Bálor
  • Elias
  • Bayley
  • Ember Moon
  • Kairi Sane
  • Lars Sullivan
  • Buddy Murphy
  • Liv Morgan
  • Chad Gable
  • Apollo Crews
  • Mickie James

Notably, Roode and Gable split. Liv is no longer in the Riott Squad.

Really liking how the Smackdown Roster is shaping up for the next year with Roman, Elias and Finn jumping over making the brand feel fresh. The additions of Kairi Sane, Buddy Murphy and Lars Sullivan were also really handy and hopefully Lars can become an absolute monster over the next year on SD although I see that he will only be built up to be squashed by Roman. Interesting to see Liv Morgan split away from the squad, not sure if she can really fit in on her own though, she does need a lot of work on here character and her promos but the potential is definitely there. Really enjoyable two nights of WWE TV and I look forward to seeing what types of feuds and storylines develop over the next coming weeks

Buddy Murphy to Smackdown has me really excited. Smackdown is now the Australian show. We just need Shane Thorne to complete it.

Enjoyed the acknowledgement of Absolution for a moment with Rose & Deville. I don't think Asuka needed to move to the tag team division but i will say that Kairi Sane is a much better choice of a partner for Asuka than Naomi was for their brief existence.  Excited to see what the two of them are able to do as a unit on Smackdown live because the division is STACKED now with Ember Moon. Mickie James and Bayley joining as well. Raw really got shafted.

I wonder if the decision of moving Bayley to Smackdown (maybe with Sasha) was always in motion or if the decision was made once they realised Sasha Banks wasn't going to be around for a while? 

The tag team division is looking a bit bleak now that they lost the Usos and gained...Heavy Machinery? I like the team but hopefully Raw is able to get the ball rolling for themselves now. Finn Balor vs Ali was a great match and a first apparently which means we are going to get more and more!  

"...and you will all come out to worship the man that is taking the REIGNS tonight..."
Love how Elias keeps hinting who is going to interrupt him. Vince promised a big name switching over and i'm glad to see it was Roman Reigns. Brock Lesnar would've been a big name as well but since he is barely around it wouldn't of helped the show much and losing Styles they needed someone of equal value.

Roman moving to Smackdown is honestly the best thing they could have done for him. For 4 years Raw has been revolving around building him up for Lesnar, and the whole thing just came crumbling down after his cancer came back. It really was all for nothing in the end. A move to Smackdown gives him a fresh start. Not to jinx the possibility be he could be what Batista was to Smackdown if it plays out well. This new roster means Kofi's reign as WWE Champion is probably on a countdown now but the journey we will always remember.

The only thing keeping me actually watching RAW was Reigns, and now he's on SmackDown which officially puts my main interest in SmackDown. Fortunate timing with Joe getting sick so that Balor bringing IC was a big surprise, and now with Balor on SmackDown hopefully his reign is a long one, and features many challenges before he drops it to a worthy person. With SmackDown going to Fox in October, Reigns being there will undoubtedly create interest as Reigns is the biggest wrestling star that's full-time at this point. Buddy Murphy is a good addition to the show as well as his work on 205 live has been amazing. Overall, AJ & Miz needed to leave SmackDown and Reigns/Balor replacing them is a worthy replacement.

Really liked Smackdown can't wait for Buddy to make his debut and seeing Big O replace Big E as a member of the New Day was funny, his hip movement still needs some work though. There was a lot of women on this show and i like that they've started treating them a lot more like the men of the WWE roster.

I thought the Smackdown Live side of things for the shakeup this year was very interesting, while I didn't actually watch Smackdown I did keep up with it through youtube and internet and such and it seemed like a decent show, I thought building up to the "Big move" was a great way to bring attention and keep people hooked to the main event, and the entire "Big O" storyline throughout the night was a fun watch, Mufasa vs Balor was an amazing match and I hope Balor continues to do this. 

As I said before, the ending was great, seeing Elias on Smackdown and not RAW for a change should be really fresh and while it won't change his character, I feel like he'll do some great things, and as I have for the past 3 years, I hope Reigns finally turns heel. Its the perfect time, place, and show for him to finally turn as, in the spotlight of Smackdown Live. But he probably will just end up spearing Cesaro, Shinsuke, and Rusev over and over again over the next year until he main events Mania.

Balor, Murphy, and anyone else I am missing are great as well, Murphy is going to be great I can feel it. The only problem is, I can't see a heel his size (Besides Bryan) being world champ, but maybe WWE has changed. I'm hoping Balor does good, a nice long reign before dropping it to someone who deserves it would make me happy

Overall, I am excited to see what goes down on Smackdown Live these next few weeks, and I think that a guy from Smackdown Live will win the MITB match