BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Clash of Champions

Every title is on the line at WWE Clash of Champions! Discuss the event here.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Arius

Which current wrestlers should transition into commentary when they retire?

With Sheamus and his latest concussions scares the question came to mind about his career after he finally hangs up the boots. If he stays associated with WWE what role could he take on? At first being a trainer at PC (US or UK) feels like a no brainier with his experience and training regiment. 
But then i also thought about commentary. He can be hilarious on screen and with some experience maybe he could lean into the role on one of WWEs smaller shows. Though he wouldn't be my first pick.

Someone like The Miz as a colour commentator after he hangs up his boots feels like a much better possibility as long as those Marine movies don't get a prequel series. And then someone like Big Show which i know isn't the first thought that would come to mind but who could sit at the commentary bringing up stats, facts but still be engaging. Just imagine that man in a giant suit on the show each SD/Raw/PPV.

Image result for big show suit

Sheamus like I said in the Injuries and Return topic, will likely become a coach at the Performance Center in the UK. Agreed on the Miz and Big Show ideia. Another guy I can see in commentary upon retiring is Cesaro probably for the German Broadcast. I think he already did a couple of shows in German on the WWE Youtube Channel so that wouldn't be that farfetched.

The Miz would be a brilliant colour commentator, he's one of the best on the mic in the whole company and would play the heel on commentary very well.

The same with Kevin Owens, he's been an absolute joy when on guest commentary in the past (JBL's hat and PWG goodness), he has a very free form style of promo which means he'll be able to adapt on the fly. I also think that Samoa Joe has the gravitas and fluid promo style to really thrive on commentary too. 

The Miz is an obvious choice by how good he is on the mic but I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Xavier Woods or Dolph Ziggler transition into commentary when they are done because they actually have a lot of genuine charisma. Another one is the Big Show, if they aren't doing anything with him and they don't need him in a backstage capacity I think he could be a pretty good commentator 

Daniel Bryan, this is more of a under the radar pick, but watching the Cruiserweight Classic back, he did a decent job, and his name alone will bring attention to the match because people love to hear him, he is an amazing in ring performer and could defiantly bring improvement to a commentary team, he obviously isn't no Kevin Owens/The Miz but those have said already. 

Another random one that came into my mind was Aiden English, yeah hes been doing 205 Live for a couple of weeks, but I think hes got the talent, he has that announcers voice, and can really sell a good move (On commentary) and should defiantly keep doing what he has been doing for the past month or so. 

1 hour ago, Julius said:

The Miz is an obvious choice by how good he is on the mic but I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Xavier Woods or Dolph Ziggler transition into commentary when they are done because they actually have a lot of genuine charisma. 

Xavier Woods is a strong choice. I feel when his WWE career winds down while other talent might transition into training roles or road agents he would if anything transition into the media side of the company. Handling company cross overs and appearances while maybe even continuing to run Up Up Down Down with a new generation of superstars. It's hard to say what will be true so far down the line but i imagine that these connections will continue to be important for a company the size of WWE and Xavier would fit those duties well. And doing commentary once a week on Raw and Smackdown while filming with talent would be a perfect fit for the scenario.

While reading through this thread again, another person came to mind. Alexa Bliss, we are already seeing her work during "Moment Of Bliss", and we know how much WWE loves to act like they love women, and I feel like shes defiantly someone we can see co-commentating with Renee sometime down the line, and out of everyone I feel like this is the most realistic and I think we will be seeing it sooner rather than later.

4 hours ago, BiC said:

While reading through this thread again, another person came to mind. Alexa Bliss, we are already seeing her work during "Moment Of Bliss", and we know how much WWE loves to act like they love women, and I feel like shes defiantly someone we can see co-commentating with Renee sometime down the line, and out of everyone I feel like this is the most realistic and I think we will be seeing it sooner rather than later.

Good shout Alex Bliss recently made comments about how her talent on the microphone is what helped her career continue while on the shelf and if she was able to continue to hone in on those skills over the rest of her career should be a nice colour commentator if WWE can find a play by play to match her. Looking at how well Aiden English or even Percy Watson in NXT has transitioned all that is needed is the platform to sink or swim. 
As the years go on i feel like the desire for a consistent female commentator from WWE will allow someone like Alexa ect to transition into that roll. 

38 minutes ago, Arius said:

Good shout Alex Bliss recently made comments about how her talent on the microphone is what helped her career continue while on the shelf and if she was able to continue to hone in on those skills over the rest of her career should be a nice colour commentator if WWE can find a play by play to match her. Looking at how well Aiden English or even Percy Watson in NXT has transitioned all that is needed is the platform to sink or swim. 
As the years go on i feel like the desire for a consistent female commentator from WWE will allow someone like Alexa ect to transition into that roll. 

The thing is, just like with there wrestling talent pool, WWE has so many people who can play commentary. They have so many options, and I feel like a lot of backstage workers don't get the credit they deserve maybe even more then the in ring competitors, guys like Finlay, Jame Noble, and so many others do a lot. Im sure a lot of superstars could go into commentary, but WWE likes to give guys like Byron Saxton, and that Sam idiot, commentary jobs. 

I am interested to see who is going to become the main commentary team on RAW and SD Live in the future, as well as on NXT, NXT UK, and the many many shows WWE produces.  

30 minutes ago, BiC said:

The thing is, just like with there wrestling talent pool, WWE has so many people who can play commentary. They have so many options, and I feel like a lot of backstage workers don't get the credit they deserve maybe even more then the in ring competitors, guys like Finlay, Jame Noble, and so many others do a lot. Im sure a lot of superstars could go into commentary, but WWE likes to give guys like Byron Saxton, and that Sam idiot, commentary jobs. 

I am interested to see who is going to become the main commentary team on RAW and SD Live in the future, as well as on NXT, NXT UK, and the many many shows WWE produces.  

I'll defend Byron Saxton here because i feel since being drafted to Smackdown he has improved ten fold and his call during Kofi Kingston winning the WWE Championship was spot on. But yeah giving Sam Robers a job even on the pre-show continues to baffle me.

I don't think someone like Finlay could do commentary. Sure he can talk a decent promo but it takes something else to be able to call a whole three hour show.
With all the commentary talent they could afford letting Corey Graves stay on one show if they wanted to but i feel like once Micheal Cole retires they are looking either him  or Tom Phillips to take over the mantle as their leader of the pack. Other than that i can't see too many shakeups happening amongst the teams for the time being. Who would really benefit? But 5-10 years for now that could be a different landscape.
It will be interesting to see if Aiden English ends up being a Taz situation and makes a second career as a commentator. 

On 4/20/2019 at 11:39 AM, Arius said:

With Sheamus and his latest concussions scares the question came to mind about his career after he finally hangs up the boots. If he stays associated with WWE what role could he take on? At first being a trainer at PC (US or UK) feels like a no brainier with his experience and training regiment. 
But then i also thought about commentary. He can be hilarious on screen and with some experience maybe he could lean into the role on one of WWEs smaller shows. Though he wouldn't be my first pick.

Someone like The Miz as a colour commentator after he hangs up his boots feels like a much better possibility as long as those Marine movies don't get a prequel series. And then someone like Big Show which i know isn't the first thought that would come to mind but who could sit at the commentary bringing up stats, facts but still be engaging. Just imagine that man in a giant suit on the show each SD/Raw/PPV.

Image result for big show suit

I'm actually surprised to see so many people mention The Big Show, but I agree. I remember when The Authority storyline was ongoing and whenever Rollins was having a singles match either Kane or The Big Show could be a special guest commentator and I was really impressed with The Big Show's analysis and how well-spoken he was.