BrendenPlayz Survivor Series

Survivor Series is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz. View the match card!
Match Card

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here

Extreme Rules

Discuss the upcoming WWE PPV, Extreme Rules!
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Arius

In the scenario Joey Ryan joins AEW will he keep his current gimmick?

Since the announcement of AEW and the news of Joey Ryan getting out of his contract with Lucha Underground, it has been in my mind that at some point Joey Ryan is either going to sign with the company or at the least have an extended working agreement with them making appearances. But in this scenario, with the company looking for a TV deal would he keep his current gimmick or need to abandon part of what he has come to be known for to favour those behind the broadcasters? 
Admittedly i'm not a fan of the more extreme sides of Joey Ryan and i feel like it is sometimes misplaced on a particular show. That aside, on one hand if they sign him you could argue that he should maintain who he is at the moment for it is what Joey Ryan is known for and otherwise there is no point in signing him in the first place. If it's an exclusive contract maybe he wouldn't need to rely on it as much as he does currently working show to show on the Independents. What would you hope to see happen?
Image result for joey ryan png

I think he just has to keep his gimmick, he would be lost trying to get over a new one after all the effort he put in to make this current gimmick as popular as it is on the indie circuit. Just as Arius said I am not a fan of the more extreme side of things and I honestly wasn't a fan of his penis party concept so I think if a move to AEW is in his future he would definitely need to tone it down a little to make it passable for broadcasting. Can't have the man getting puke on his shlong from some rando goth chick 

What's the point in bringing him if you don't keep his current gimmick? His current gimmick is what has gained him a lot of attention and is probably the only reason why AEW would be interested in him. I get why they would not want to get the gimmick on tv, but I don't see why they would want him without it.