BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Clash of Champions

Every title is on the line at WWE Clash of Champions! Discuss the event here.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
JoshsNow

Josh’s Football Debates

Hello and welcome to my new football show where I answer various football related questions. Right now I’m using questions I’ve seen online so if you guys could give me some more questions that would be better. Today’s question is

Is Virgil Van Dijk better than Sergio Ramos?

This is a tough question. Ramos is one of the three best CBs in the world whilst VVD isn’t yet. So overall no he isn’t. But this season it’s been VVD.

Overall: Ramos triumphs here. VVD has been playing football for 8 years and has played for Groningen, Celtic, Southampton and only Liverpool for a year. Ramos has been playing for Real for 14 years. That shows how good he is.

Another thing is trophies; VVD has won 3 trophies and that’s the Scottish Premiership and League Cup. He’s been in 6 TOTYs, won 2 POTMs and only 1 POTY. In 8 years. To contrast 24 trophies for club and country in 15 years for Ramos. He’s been in 36 TOTYs, 7 Defender of the Years, 1 POTY, has been the top scorer in a competition, won a Golden Ball and won 3 national awards. That’s Ramos again

This Season: Appearances: VVD (54) beats Ramos (52)

Minutes: VVD (4285) beats Ramos (3645)

Goals: Ramos (15) beats VVD (8)

Assists: VVD (4) beats Ramos (1)

Discipline: VVD (4Y 0R) beats Ramos (12Y 1R)

Shots per Game: Ramos (1.2) beats VVD (0.8)

Passing Accuracy: Ramos (92%) beats VVD (89%)

Aerial Duels won per game: VVD (4.4) beats Ramos (2.2)

Man Of The Matches: VVD (4) beats Ramos (2)

Overall these stats show VVD has had the better season. If he has another 3 seasons like this then the question could be closer. But right now Ramos is better. Even though he plays with better players, he does play in a tougher league and thus overall Ramos is better. Right now, VVD

Question 2: Who is Going to finish 3rd and 4th in the EPL?

main-qimg-7b56c82961be5a6b6f62b2593fb46c

This is the EPL table at time of writing. Spurs have 2 games left, a game at home to Everton and a trip to Bournemouth. I expect they will take 6 points from these, meaning they finish on 76.

Arsenal have been on poor form. They can easily beat Brighton at home however they’ve been very poor away from home and they face trips to very in form Burnley and Leicester. I can only see Arsenal take 3 points and finishing on 69.

Chelsea host Watford which they should win but trips to United and Leicester will prove difficult. However they have more quality than the other teams and despite underperforming I see them beating United and drawing with Leicester, taking 7 points and finishing on 74

Although United are out of form and will struggle with Chelsea, Cardiff and Huddersfield should be a breeze and I see them taking 6 points and finishing on 70

So in answer to your question I believe Spurs will finish 3rd, and as for 4th it will be decided by whoever wins between Chelsea and United.

Question 3: Who is the greatest ever Real Madrid player? (Please send in questions so I don’t have to keep making them up)

Di Stefano and Ronaldo are close but it has to be Cristiano Ronaldo for me. I know a lot of people will condemn that saying I’m only thinking that because he’s a modern footballer but he is truly a GOAT. Ronaldo is the best forward in world football, has been the best player for his club and country for the past 14 years and keeps getting better even at 34. Plus he hit his prime at Real and is not only the best player to play for Real but one of the best of all time. He has won 32 trophies, 18 of them while at Real (1 of those 18 was the Euros) and 46 POTY awards. He’s also won 24 Golden Boots, 2 GOTY awards, 4 national honours, appeared in 33 TOTYs, 6 POTMs, and has won a record number of Ballon D’or’s, made record caps and goals for Portugal, is Reals top scorer, got more hat tricks than anyone in La Liga history, scored more UCL goals than anyone else in history (including getting a record 17 in 1 campaign) and no other European player has scored 85 goals for their country like he has for Portugal.

On 4/26/2019 at 10:55 PM, JoshsNow said:

Hello and welcome to my new football show where I answer various football related questions. Right now I’m using questions I’ve seen online so if you guys could give me some more questions that would be better. Today’s question is

Is Virgil Van Dijk better than Sergio Ramos?

This is a tough question. Ramos is one of the three best CBs in the world whilst VVD isn’t yet. So overall no he isn’t. But this season it’s been VVD.

Overall: Ramos triumphs here. VVD has been playing football for 8 years and has played for Groningen, Celtic, Southampton and only Liverpool for a year. Ramos has been playing for Real for 14 years. That shows how good he is.

Another thing is trophies; VVD has won 3 trophies and that’s the Scottish Premiership and League Cup. He’s been in 6 TOTYs, won 2 POTMs and only 1 POTY. In 8 years. To contrast 24 trophies for club and country in 15 years for Ramos. He’s been in 36 TOTYs, 7 Defender of the Years, 1 POTY, has been the top scorer in a competition, won a Golden Ball and won 3 national awards. That’s Ramos again

This Season: Appearances: VVD (54) beats Ramos (52)

Minutes: VVD (4285) beats Ramos (3645)

Goals: Ramos (15) beats VVD (8)

Assists: VVD (4) beats Ramos (1)

Discipline: VVD (4Y 0R) beats Ramos (12Y 1R)

Shots per Game: Ramos (1.2) beats VVD (0.8)

Passing Accuracy: Ramos (92%) beats VVD (89%)

Aerial Duels won per game: VVD (4.4) beats Ramos (2.2)

Man Of The Matches: VVD (4) beats Ramos (2)

Overall these stats show VVD has had the better season. If he has another 3 seasons like this then the question could be closer. But right now Ramos is better. Even though he plays with better players, he does play in a tougher league and thus overall Ramos is better. Right now, VVD

Although I agree with your conclusion about VVD being the better player, I don't think these stats do a great job showing that. There aren't a lot of good stats for defenders, I think the best way to look at who is better is just watching the matches. For an example: passing accuracy. These could either be inflated by simple back and forward passes with other defenders/ the goalkeeper and we also can't forget that Ramos has the privilege of playing with the likes of Kroos and Ramos, people who can make even bad passes work. But on the same account, you can say that the PL is more of a passing league, meaning that VVD has an advantage in the Aerial duels won per game department. So overall, I don't think these stats proof anything. Maybe argue more from what you see take place in games, I think that would make for a better read.  

Question 4: What can stop Man City winning the title 2018/19

main-qimg-b832d9e95c44b3ac1b558cf7318ef0

These are 2 very close teams. The only way Man City can be stopped from winning the title is if Liverpool do 1 point better (and improve goal difference) or do 2 points better. Let’s look at the teams final games. Man City host Leicester and travel to Brighton. Brendan has a very in form Leicester but City have lost 2 games in 2019 - and have won all but 2 home games this season - a CL game against Lyon and a fluke loss to Palace. Although Leicester won the away fixture I see City winning their final 2 games. As a result Liverpool can’t catch City and nothing can stop them winning

Tomorrow’s Question sent in by Ropati: Who is the GOAT?

Also would you rather I answer more questions than just 1 in a post. Please comment below to let me know and cheers for the feedback I’m already getting

Question 5: Who is the GOAT? ( @Ropati4)

Who is the GOAT. Cheers Rop that’s a hard one. Mainly because I think it’s very hard to split 2 players. People might think Pelé, Maradona, Cruyff But for me it’s Lionel Messi. Now before you accuse me of being bias because I’ve never seen the greats play and have only seen modern players, I have watched as many clips of Ronaldo, Messi, Pelé, Cruyff, Best, Maradona, Platini to have a good idea. Besides you can’t say Messi hasn’t done it enough keep in mind he’s been doing it for 15 years

35 trophies. 48 POTY awards across major boards. 6 Golden Shoes. 8 Forward of the Year Awards. 34 TOTY. 5 POTMs. 3 GOTY. Named in 2 Major Greatest Ever XIs. Take his recent performance against Liverpool which shows how good he was. The performance against them truly decided this argument to me; Lionel Messi is the GOAT

If you disagree, please message me your side of the debate. Also please leave feedback on how many questions I should answer a day

Tomorrow: Question 6 by Alex Costa: What are your thoughts on the Nations League final 4?

EDIT: The man has 42 Guinness World Records And 29 competition awards. 

Question 6: What are your thoughts on the Nations League final 4 ( @Alex Costa)

First lets start with England. Really surprised that Croatia didn’t win it after their incredible WC but England earned it in the end. My initial prediction was Croatia to win, Spain to go down but Croatia sank and England took advantage. England head into their with 5 wins in their last 5 games and are seriously inform. Key Player: Harry Kane

As for Netherlands I can only say congratulations. I thought initially France to win and Netherlands to go down but amazing performances by them saw them rise above and beyond. They head into the Nations League with 2 wins and 2 draws in their last 5. Key Player: Memphis Depay

Switzerland next and Belgium had supposedly the easy group. I predicted Iceland to go down which they did but I certainly didn’t see Switzerland topping Belgium. They headed into the final game of the Nations League knowing a win would get them through and a 5-2 thrashing of Belgium did just that. They head into the Nations League with 3 wins and a draw in their last 5. Key Player: Xherdan Shaqiri

Finally Portugal. I would’ve been surprised if they didn’t qualify in that group and they duly did, being the only of the 12 teams not to lose a Nations League game yet. However they have only won 3 competitive games since the start of 2018 (although they’ve only lost 1) and head into the tournament with 1 win and 4 draws in their last 5 games. Key Player: Cristiano Ronaldo

So who wins? Netherlands play England in the first game and personally I see England winning with the form they’re in. Meanwhile Switzerland play Portugal and I see Portugal winning this one but only just. It could go to extra time tbh. In the 3rd place play off I see Switzerland winning and in the final it will be close. But personally, I think it’s coming home 

Question 7: Why doesn’t Pep Guardiola play Leroy Sane?

Also please send in more questions and answer my question as to how many debates I should answer in 1 post. Cheers for reading 

Question 7: Will Chelsea win the Europa League this season 

Will Chelsea win the Europa League this season. They face a tough challenge. Arsenal have already practically qualified and Chelsea face Frankfurt. They aren’t really in form at the minute, having 1 Win, 3 Draws and 1 Loss in their past 5 games. On the contrary Chelsea are unbeaten in the last 5, drawing 3 and winning 2. Frankfurt have nothing compared to Chelsea and I see Chelsea breezing past this one.

This sets up an all England final. Arsenal have failed to win their last 4 league games and are in terrible form. With the weapons Chelsea have at their disposal, I see Chelsea winning the Europa League this season

Also please send in more questions and answer my question as to how many debates I should answer in 1 post. Cheers for reading 

Question 8: What are the top 5 leagues in the world (Joh)

Question 8 by @Joh

What are the top 5 leagues in the world?

Now I’ve got a list of 10 leagues - PL, Championship, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, MLS, Eredivise, Primeira Liga, J1-League. These are often considered among the top 10. I’m using data from the 2018/19 PL, Championship, Ligue 1, Bundesliga, Primeira Liga, Eredivisie and La Liga, the 2018 MLS and J-1 League, and 2017/18 Serie A

Now first let me clarify the criteria.

Goals per game

Attendance

Highest Transfer fee

Market value of Overall XI

Difference between 1st and 2nd

Now lets get into it. Here were the rankings for each criteria

Goals Per Game 

Eredivisie 3.47 (10 points)

MLS 3.19 (9 points)

Bundesliga 3.18 (8)

Premier League 2.82 (7)

Primeira Liga 2.7 (6)

Serie A 2.68 (5)

J-1 League and Championship 2.66 (3.5)

La Liga 2.59 (2)

Ligue 1 2.56 (1)

Average Attendance 

Bundesliga 43,451 (10) 18 overall points 

Premier League 38,812 (9) 16 overall points

Primeria Liga 31,833 (8) 14 overall points

La Liga 26,933 (7) 9 overall points

Serie A 24,738 (6) 11 overall points 

Ligue 1 22,820 (5) 6 overall points

MLS 21,875 (4) 13 overall points

Championship 20,075 (3) 6.5 overall points 

J-1 League 19,064 (2) 5.5 overall points 

Eredivisie 18,004 (1) 11 overall points 

Highest Transfer Fee (All Time)

Ligue 1 £198 million  (10) 16 overall points

La Liga £106 million (9) 18 overall points 

Premier League £89 million (8) 24 overall points 

Serie A £88 million (7) 18 overall points 

Bundesliga £70 million (6) 24 overall points 

Primeira Liga £22 million (5) 19 overall points 

Championship £16 million (4) 10.5 overall points 

Eredivisie £15 million (3) 14 overall points 

MLS £13 million (2) 15 overall points 

J1 League £10 million (1) 6.5 overall points 

Difference between top 2

PL 1 point (10) 34 overall points 

Primeira, MLS and Bundesliga 2 (8) P27, M23, B32

Eredivisie 3 (6) 20 overall points 

Serie A 4 (5) 23 overall points 

Championship 5 (4) 15.5 overall points 

La Liga 11 (3) 21 overall points 

J-1 12 (2) 8.5 overall points 

Ligue 1 16 (1) 17 overall points 

So Premier League comes first, Bundesliga 2nd, Primeira Liga 3rd and then MLS and Serie A tied 4th. And those are the top 5 leagues

16 hours ago, Ropati4 said:

I'm sorry but the fact that neither la Liga or the serie a are in your top 5 leagues is bullshit 

Serie A was in my top 5. And La Liga has been won by the same team 8 of the past 11 years

22 hours ago, Joh said:

MLS is in but no La Liga......bold move.

Yeh I know I was going to put La Liga in automatically but the games are normally very 1 sided and there aren’t that many goals. Also as I mentioned earlier it’s been dominated by the same team which isn’t that exciting and there are only 3 great teams in it, and one of those teams is losing their best player and the other one is in freefall

Question 9: Special Spurs Edition

With 6 days until the UCL final, rather than creating a debate, I decided to do something different. Here is my question, what is the history of Spurs and the UCL?

Their first foray into the Champions League was in the 1961/62 European Cup. Having won the double over legendary manager Bill Nicholson the previous season. In the preliminary round they were drawn against Polish side Gornik Zabrze. Gornik went 4–0 up but Spurs pulled the first leg to 4–2. Spurs went 3–0 up in the second leg, bringing it to 5–4 to Spurs. Gornik pulled one back, bringing it to 3–1 (5–5 aggregate and due to the away goals rule not being used at the time this would have sent the game to a 3rd leg. However Spurs scores another 5 to win the game 8–1 and 10–5 on aggregate. Next was the Round of 16, where they were drawn against Feyernoord. Spurs went 2–0 up in Rotterdam and although Feyernoord pulled it back to 2–1 the first leg finished 3–1 Spurs. In London, Feyernoord pulled it back to 3–2 aggregate by going 1–0 up but Spurs scored to finish the game 1–1 and 4–2 Spurs on aggregate. In the quarter finals they were drawn against Czechoslavakian Dukia Prague. In Prague Spurs lost 1–0 but in London Spurs raced into a 2–0 lead but Prague pulled it back to 2–1 at half time. However 2 goals in a minute in the second half meant Spurs won 4–1 and 4–2 on aggregate sending them through to the next round. In the semi finals they were drawn against defending champions Benfica, who in Lisbon went 2–0 up only for Spurs to bring it back to 2–1 however the match finished 3–1. Yet to lose in London, they were scared by an early Benfica goal but goals either side of half time meant Spurs won 2–1. However they lost 4–3 on aggregate and Benfica went on to win the competition

They had to wait 49 years for their next foray into the now named Champions League. After Harry Redknapp took them to 4th in the PL the previous season they would face Young Boys or Fenerbache in the Playoff Round to qualify. Young Boys were their opponents and in Bern, Young Boys raced to a 3–0 lead. Spurs pulled back 2 as the game finished 3–2 but they carried on their unbeaten CL record in London with a 4–0 victory (thanks to a Peter Crouch hat trick) and a 6–3 aggregate win. They were drawn into a group with defending champs Inter Milan, Twente and Werder Bremen. In Bremen Spurs took an early 2–0 lead but goals 2 minutes each side of half time from Werder Bremen made it 2–2. At home to Twente, despite it being 0–0 at half time Spurs went 2–0 up and although future Spurs player Nacer Chadli pulled it back to 2–1, Spurs scored 2 more to win 4–1 and take them to 2nd, only behind Inter Milan on GD. However in Milan, Inter went 4–0 up after 35 minutes but a second half hat trick by Bale (including 2 injury time goals) pulled it to 4–3. Spurs still sat 2nd as they hosted Inter but an early goal from Rafael Van Der Vaart gave Spurs a goal lead at half time. Peter Crouch netted to make it 2 but Inter pulled one back only for Roman Pavlyuchunko get a late 3rd goal to win 3–1. Hosting Bremen, first half goals from Younes Kaboul and Luka Modric have Spurs a 2–0 lead at half time, and Crouch added a first to secure Spurs’ qualification for the Round of 16. Spurs topped the group following the Inter victory and secured 1st palace with a draw at Twente in a 3–3 classic. Spurs took the lead through an own goal but Twente had pulled it back to 1–1 at half time. A Defoe double either side of a Twente goal kept Spurs with their noses in front but a Chadli equaliser finished the game. Drawn to Milan in the RO16, a Crouch goal in Milan following a 0–0 draw in London sent Spurs to the quarter final against Real Madrid. In Madrid, a double either side of half time from future Spurs player Emmanuel Adebayor put Real two up before two more goals have Madrid a 4–0 lead. A defeated Spurs suffered their first home CL defeat on their 10th time of asking when Real won 1–0.

Poch has since guided them to 3 consecutive CLs, the first in 16/17 after finishing 3rd the previous season. In a group with Monaco, Leverkusen and CSKA Moscow, they started with a home defeat to Monaco. 2–0 down early on, they pulled it to 2–1 with an Alberwield goal before half time but suffered defeat following a goalless second half. Bottom of the group, they rose to 2nd when a Son goal in Moscow gave them a 1–0 victory. They remained there with a goalless draw in Leverkusen but dropped to 3rd following a 1–0 defeat at home to Leverkusen. In Monaco, a Kane penalty cancelled out a Monaco lead but hopes of topping the group were ended as Monaco scored to win 2–1. Needing a win for them and Monaco to qualify, things started badly when Moscow took a 1–0 lead at White Hart Lane but Alli and Kame bought it to 2–1 at half time. A Moscow own goal gave Spurs a 3–1 victory but a Leverkusen victory meant Spurs finished 3rd

The following season a 2nd place finish the previous season put them in the Group of Death alongside Real and Dortmund (and APOEL.) At Wembley Dortmund cancelled out an early Son goal but Kane goals either side of half time gave them a 3–1 victory and 2nd place. A Kane hat trick in APOEL gave them a 3–0 win and they took a trip to Madrid where they drew after an early own goal by Real was cancelled before the half. In Wembley Alli scored either side of the half and Eriksen added to give them a 3–0 lead over Real, and although Real pulled one back Spurs had qualified for the RO16. They were scared in Dortmund when they were 1–0 down at half time but Kane and Son goals carried on their incredible run. A win over APOEL in the final game would give Spurs 1st place and first half goals from Llorente and Son was followed by a Nkoudou second half goal to give Spurs a 3–0 win and first place. Drawn against Juve in the RO16, despite being 2–0 down within 10 minutes a goal in each half by Spurs, Kane and Eriksen respectively, gave them hope in Wembley. And despite being 1–0 up at half time thanks to another Son goal, they lost 2–1

This season isn’t history yet but it’s there best season in the CL so far. We will see whether they win it in the epic clash on June 1st

On 5/27/2019 at 7:31 AM, JoshsNow said:

Serie A was in my top 5. And La Liga has been won by the same team 8 of the past 11 years

my bad on serie A misread but to use that argument on la liga and then have liga nos in is dumb. Liga nos has been dominated by 2 teams just the same as la liga for the past 15 years. Also, a La Liga team have won the champions league 6 times out of the last 8 and in 2 of those wins it was a la liga vs la liga final. Plus every single ballon, dor winner since 2008 has been in La Liga and surely the best player in the world will want to play in one of the best leagues in the world. 

One more thing to bring a league down for having good defenses makes no sense.

21 hours ago, Ropati4 said:

my bad on serie A misread but to use that argument on la liga and then have liga nos in is dumb. Liga nos has been dominated by 2 teams just the same as la liga for the past 15 years. Also, a La Liga team have won the champions league 6 times out of the last 8 and in 2 of those wins it was a la liga vs la liga final. Plus every single ballon, dor winner since 2008 has been in La Liga and surely the best player in the world will want to play in one of the best leagues in the world. 

One more thing to bring a league down for having good defenses makes no sense.

Well you’re right actually in 1 sense. You’ve raised 2 good factors I should be basing it on. Ballon D’or Wins and Continental Performance

Ballon D’or Wins 

1. La Liga 22 10 overall points 31 overall points

2. Serie A 18 9 overall points 32 points

3. Bundesliga 9 8 points 40 overall points

4. Prem 6 7 points 41 overall points

5. Eredivisie 2 6 points 26 overall points

6. Liga NOS and Ligue 1 1 4.5 points NOS31.5 points Ligue1 21.5 overall points 

8. MLS, Championship and J1 League 0 2 points each M25 C17.5 J10.5

Champions League performance

1. La Liga 18 wins 10 points 41 overall points 

2. Serie A and Prem 12 wins 8.5 points S40.5 overall points Prem 49.5 overall points 

4. Bundesliga 7 wins 7 points 47 points 

5. Eredivisie 6 wins 6 points 32 overall points 

6. Liga NOS 4 wins 5 points 36.5 points 

7. Ligue 1 1 win 4 points 25.5 points

8. J1 League, MLS and Championship N/A 2 points MLS27 C19.5 J12.5

So whilst Prem still tops it followed by Bundesliga, we have a few changes. La Liga takes 3rd, Serie A 4th and Liga NOS 5th

Hello and welcome back to Football Debates. Today my question is from Alex who asks “What are your thoughts on Reals signings.”

Their first signing was 60 million euro forward Luka Jovic from Eintracht Frankfurt. Luka had an amazing season, scoring as many goals as Benzema and Bale combined. The question is he has had one good season, so was he worth all the money. My answer is yes

However I don’t believe Rodrygo was worth €45 million. I’ve heard people raving about him but he is yet to be proven. He’s yet to have a great season like Jovic. It’s possible he could be the next Neymar but he needed one more season to be worth this much

Next two players I hadn’t heard of - Ferland Mendy and Eder Militao. I think they may have overpayed for these players also but the stats don’t lie, they’ve had incredible seasons and could easily slot into Real’s team

Finally the main man Eden Hazard. I have to say €100 million. What a bargain. Hazard could’ve been pushing Neymar for me as the most expensive player ever so to see Chelsea agree to sell him for only half of that surprised me

Overall I’d expect the, to spend €300 million of these players so Perez has done good business to pay €303 million. Was it a good move. Have a look at my predicted Real team for next season and tell me

Navas 

Carvajal Militao Ramos Mendy

Hazard Kroos Modric

Jovic Benzema Bale

Remember Guys keep sending me in questions and give me feedback on how many football debates I should answer per post. Thanks for the question @Alex Costa

Tomorrow, who is the most overrated player currently playing in world football. Thanks for reading

38 minutes ago, Bash said:

Why Militao over Varane? I know Militao has had a good season but Varane is arguably the best centre back in the world right now so I don’t think he’ll be replaced.

I agree with the statement that I do truly believe Varane is the best defender in the world. But I think it is time he and Real part ways. This season he started only 39 of Real’s 53 games. Also he’s injury prone.  Ever since a big injury a few seasons again, he has had many minor ones and seems to be picking up more as age goes on. As the best Centre Back in the world I believe Real could still charge over £100 million for him and that will help with Financial Fair Play, especially after spending £300 million. Just my personal opinion but of course if Varane stays then it’s certainly up for grabs