WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch the first episode of WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Survivor Series

WWE's three brands collide at Survivor Series LIVE on the WWE Network.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • WWE 2k20 content coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
JoshsNow

Josh’s Football Debates

Should Valverde be sacked?

For the second consecutive season, Valverde has won the La Liga two consecutive years, something Enrique failed to win in his final season. He also had an improved CL season compared to last year but unfortunately he has players with the wrong mentality. His defence aren’t good enough, against United they made a lot of mistakes and when they are pressured against Liverpool we saw what happened: the defence made 3 errors to gift Liverpool goals. He needs a transfer window to fix the problems and then maybe Barcelona will carry on their domestic dominance and advance further into Europe

If he is to be sacked then Barca need to do it sooner rather than later. The longer you wait before sacking him is less time the new manager gets in the transfer window and potentially even some of the season wasted. I personally think Valverde should stick around. He has continued Barca's dominance in La Liga, and I don't think their european woes are really his fault. As we have seen many times before Barcelona chocking when they get deep into the Champions League.

Well I personally don’t see the problem but from what I have seen majority the Barcelona fans seem to hate him and want him to be sacked. To me I don’t think he did awful but if Barcelona fans, who have watched them all season don’t think he should stay then maybe they should consider sacking him. At this rate I don’t think they will and I guess we’ll see how this transfer window changes things.

Part of a Top 10 Series here: Who are the top 10 Midfielders in the world

10. Amandine Henry

Lyons DM, she is a 4 time Champions League winner and at 29 is still doing good

9. Sam Kerr

She has adapted well to America and was part of Australia’s 2019 Cup of Nations winning squad

8. Dzsenifer Marozsan

Another Lyon player, she was part of the team that did a double last season and won the Ligue 1 and German Player of the Year last season

7. Isco

Part of Real’s dominating midfield, the former Golden Boy has lived up to his potential

6. Ivan Rakitic

He bought home 3 trophies just last season and the World Cup Runner is one of Barca and Croatia’s key players

5. Paul Pogba

Named in this seasons PL TOTY for a reason, the World Cup winner is attracting more and more attention from other big clubs

4. N’golo Kante

Part of the Chelsea team for 3 years now, the 2x PL winner and World Cup winner isn’t just the nicest man in football, he is a key part of France and an integral part of Chelsea

3. Kevin De Bruyne

Man City’s best player and an integral part of Belgium, De Bruyne has already won one trophy this year and will be hoping to add more

2. Eden Hazard

The best player for club and country, he’s had another stunning season and he deserves the move to Real that’s been rumoured for years

Luka Modric

Winner of numerous awards in 2018 including the Ballon d’or, he carried Croatia to a World Cup semi final and its hard to imagine where Real Madrid would be if they had lost him and Ronaldo

Tomorrow is who are the top 10 defenders in World football but until then I would like for you guys to send me in some questions to answer. Thanks for reading

Once again I would like for you guys to send in some more questions for me and if you have anything to debate with my answers let me know. Today it’s the Top 10 Defenders in the World

10. Joshua Kimmich

This Season: Double Winning Super Defender

9. Marcel Halstenberg

8. Trent Alexander Arnold

This Season: Made it into the PFA Team of the Year

7. Saki Kumagai

This Season: Won the treble with Lyon

6. Wendie Renard

5. Lucy Bronze

This Season: Won a treble, The SheBelieves Cup as well as being named BBC Women’s Footballer of the Year

4. Diego Godin

This Season: Won the Super Cup and was named in FIFA World Cup Team of the Year. Also named in World Team of the Year

3. Marcelo

This Season: Named in a 4th consecutive FIFA Team of the Year, named in the World Cup Team of the Year for the second time in a row, and named in both the IFFHS and EA Sports Team of the Year for the 2nd consecutive and 3rd consecutive year respectively

2. Sergio Ramos

This Season: Won the Club World Cup, was named in an 8th consecutive FIFPro World XI, a 7th consecutive UEFA Team of the Year, named in a second consecutive IFFHS Men’s Team, a second consecutive FIFA Team of the Year, and was again named UEFA Defender of the Year

Raphael Varane

This Season: Won the Club World Cup, the World Cup, a French OBE, was named in World Cup TOTY, McDonalds TOTY and UEFA, IFFHS and FIFA Team of the Years. Was runner up in the Defender of the Year

Well that’s my list. If you have any debates please reply and also send in some questions. Thanks for reading

how is VVD not there, a top contender for the Ballon d'Or, the best player in the Premier League this past season, 

Now having the top 3 being all real Madrid defenders is foolish they conceded 46 goals this season 17 more than Atletico, 10 more than Barca, tied for only the 7th best defence in the league. they conceded 10 goals in the champions league in only 7 games so i think this list as a whole needs to be re done  

This isn't based on who had the best season, this is based on who I believe are the most talented. I don't think 1 bad season can define a massive loss of talent. And besides I don't think the 3 I named are necessarily to blame for it. They were all excellent for national teams and if you look at Real a lot of goals they concede come from Carvahal's position, hence why Zidane has bought Militao. All 3 of the Real defenders made more tackles per game. Now of course I am not just basing a list of that but it shows that they had more pressure to deal with because the midfield let so many attacks through. They also showed their lethalness attacking, as all 3 put in more crosses and through balls than VVD. Of course stats don't really help, as Real and Liverpool both have very different styles, but VVD having 1 good season doesn't compare to those 3 spending a decade at the best club in the world (well not right now but certainly the best club of the decade.) Just my opinion

12 minutes ago, JoshsNow said:

This isn't based on who had the best season, this is based on who I believe are the most talented. I don't think 1 bad season can define a massive loss of talent. And besides I don't think the 3 I named are necessarily to blame for it. They were all excellent for national teams and if you look at Real a lot of goals they concede come from Carvahal's position, hence why Zidane has bought Militao. All 3 of the Real defenders made more tackles per game. Now of course I am not just basing a list of that but it shows that they had more pressure to deal with because the midfield let so many attacks through. They also showed their lethalness attacking, as all 3 put in more crosses and through balls than VVD. Of course stats don't really help, as Real and Liverpool both have very different styles, but VVD having 1 good season doesn't compare to those 3 spending a decade at the best club in the world (well not right now but certainly the best club of the decade.) Just my opinion

Well that’s fair but why is Alexander-Arnold there over VVD who most people believe had a better season?

11 minutes ago, Bash said:

Well that’s fair but why is Alexander-Arnold there over VVD who most people believe had a better season?

Well in my opinion (and I know this is one that probably won't be shared) Trent is the better player because he made more of a difference to Liverpool than VVD. Trent not only provided defensive stability but he also registered an incredible 15 assists that were integral to Liverpool's Premier League and Champions League games. He had more shots per game than VVD, key passes, more crosses, more long balls and more dribbles but that could be down to the way Liverpool play. 

He was also as defensively stable than VVD if not more. He made more tackles a game and more interceptions which shows he had a lot to deal with. I believe all of Liverpool's defence were unfortunately extremely good but VVD's strength was mainly aerial. The other defenders all added something and I believe Trent added something to it

Why can’t Leroy Sane fit in Man City’s Starting XI

Where does he fit him in to the starting XI is the better question here. Looking at City’s team, Sterling and Bernando Silva are undroppable at the minute. That leaves 1 spot for 3 top quality players in Aguero, Jesus and obviously Sane. As good as Jesus is I don’t quite think he can be compared yet. Now Sane has made more appearances than Aguero this season but Aguero has played more minutes. Now Sane has scored an impressive 18 goals this season. Not bad until you compare it to Aguero’s 31. However Sane has made more assists to be fair with 14 to 9. Sane has also got a better discipline than Aguero. Right now Sane looks better. But when you start to look at important game statistics Aguero proves his worth over Sane for now. 17 in 20 of Agueros passes come off, which is more than Sane’s. Also Aguero takes 3.5 shots per 90 mins to Sane’s 1.8. That makes a huge difference. Also despite Sane being 10cm taller than Aguero, Sergio wins 1 in 2 aerial duels. Sane can’t compete with that. Aguero’s 6 MOTMs to Sane’s 3 show who has been better this season overall. As a result Sane can’t be chosen at the minute.

Thanks for reading if you have any debates please let me know and please send in questions.

Should Bernardo Silva win the Ballon D’or 

Does Bernardo Silva deserve the Ballon D’or 2019. No and here is why. Often it is based on two things, international performance and UCL performance. It shouldn’t be based on just those but it often is. And whilst Bernardo Silva won the Nations League, it wasn’t because he was Portugal’s best player. He has only really burst onto the scene this year and whilst he played a pivotal part in the victory, it was CR7 who was the difference maker.

And once again he wasn’t help by club performance. Sure they won 4 domestic trophies but once again it wasn’t him that was the difference maker. That was Raheem Sterling. Admittedly he was one of the best players in the UCL campaign for City and was pivotal in the quadruple run but still wasn’t the difference maker and it is difference makers that win Ballon D’ors

However he was named in the Nations League Team of the Tournament and was MOTM in the EFL Cup Final so he has still had a phenomenal season that could possibly see him in the Top 5 but no he doesn’t deserve to win the Ballon D’or

This man deserves to

1540907926_387017_1540908247_noticia_nor

As much as I agree with you with Bernardo Silva not being a Ballon D'Or winning quality player. I think that Lionel Messi isn't this season either. So far in the year of 2019, Messi has won La Liga, and is doing alright in the Copa America. In the Copa Del Rey Barcelona choked in the final and lost to Valencia. And they also allowed Liverpool to comeback from a 3-0 deficit with a weak side in the Champions League Semi Finals. If anyone deserves Ballon D'Or this season it should be a VVD or one of the Ajax youngsters.

6 hours ago, GeorgeAK said:

As much as I agree with you with Bernardo Silva not being a Ballon D'Or winning quality player. I think that Lionel Messi isn't this season either. So far in the year of 2019, Messi has won La Liga, and is doing alright in the Copa America. In the Copa Del Rey Barcelona choked in the final and lost to Valencia. And they also allowed Liverpool to comeback from a 3-0 deficit with a weak side in the Champions League Semi Finals. If anyone deserves Ballon D'Or this season it should be a VVD or one of the Ajax youngsters.

- 51 Goals/ 22 Assists.
- Most goals in Spain
- Most Goals in Europe
- Most goals in 2019
- UCL 2018/19 Top Goalscorer
- Best goal/most MOTMs Awards/ 5 times Player of the Week in the UCL.
- 6th European Golden Boot

Why did Man United halt their Harry Maguire bid? Was it to lower the price?

The Perhaps they saw that Harry Maguire was going to cost them £100 million, when really Maguire should be half of that. I give Maguire credit, he would be the best CB if he came but after a stunning World Cup, he hasn’t actually done a lot yet. Of course he is going to hit his prime soon and perhaps that will be the best time to get him. But I think we would get a good 3 years out of Maguire, but then I would feel we would have to look for other options. There is no need to pay £100 million for a player of that quality. Perhaps they still want Maguire because of what he would add to the team and they are trying to lower his price but perhaps they are seeing that Leicester don’t want to sell Maguire unless it is for a lot.

Personally I think Man United should look for much cheaper options, like Fabian Schar from Newcastle. He looks much better than Maguire, and despite being 2 years older, I feel like he still isn’t in his prime yet and United could get a lot out of him.

Responding to your comments

18 hours ago, GeorgeAK said:

I believe Bash perfectly summed up Messis stats this season 

Stats dont matter unless you have an end product to them. The overall goal for Messi this season would be for him to win the CL. Something that he didn't do. Also, these stats are good but you need to look in more depth. Messi took an average of 5 shots to score one, he also only got a goal every 84 minutes. For other players perhaps stats could show how good they are, but Messi is a superstar, we already know his stats will be impressive, so he has to impress in other ways like winning major trophies. Yes, La Liga is a major trophy but that is almost always won by Barcelona, so him winning that doesn't hold as much as it once did.

What do you think of Eden Hazard going to Real Madrid (please send me questions to answer so I don’t have to keep making them up)

I think it is brilliant for Real Madrid. They signed one of the best players in the world, for less than £100 million in today’s market. Neymar cost 2x as much as that and Hazard is a better player. I am guessing he will play either on the wing or in attacking midfield. The other players that can play that position are Bale, Isco, Vinicius Jr and Lucas Vázquez. Hazard is much better than all of them and will easily fit in on the wings in a 4–3–3 system. Hazard brings to Real great dribbling, excellent finishing, he is an exceptional passer, playing key passes and through balls brilliantly, and will also put in lethal crosses from the wings. And although he doesn’t contribute much defensively, he can hold the ball up brilliantly despite his size and defend from attack. Also, he is an exceptional free kick taker. Finally, his stats. He was involved in 31 goals directly last season, scoring 16 and assisting 15, and that was in the league alone. Benzema was directly involved in 27 goals directly in La Liga, Jovic 22 in Bundesliga, with those 2 being the two closest to him. He also made 2.7 key passes and 4.1 dribbles, more than any of Real’s players

Overall it’s a very good signing

Responding to your comments

On 7/1/2019 at 3:30 PM, GeorgeAK said:

Stats dont matter unless you have an end product to them. The overall goal for Messi this season would be for him to win the CL. Something that he didn't do. Also, these stats are good but you need to look in more depth. Messi took an average of 5 shots to score one, he also only got a goal every 84 minutes. For other players perhaps stats could show how good they are, but Messi is a superstar, we already know his stats will be impressive, so he has to impress in other ways like winning major trophies. Yes, La Liga is a major trophy but that is almost always won by Barcelona, so him winning that doesn't hold as much as it once did.

You are mainly right with your stats. It took Messi 5.7 shots to score one goal and he scored one every 80 minutes. A goal a game is still an incredible ratio. Anyway although the past 5 Ballon D’or winners have won the UCL, there have been examples where the winners haven’t won a trophy at all - Ronaldo in 2013 where he only got to the semis and he won nothing else, in 2012 Messi won the Copa Del Rey and reached the semis of UCL and still won it, in 2010 Messi won La Liga and got to semi finals of the UCL, in 2004 Schevchenko only won the Serie A and only reached the quarter finals of the UCL. You don’t always have to win trophies to win the Ballon D’or 

I think that some of the reasons why people won the ballon d'or without winning many trophies was because I believe it was during the times when they were scoring incredible goals at a high quantity during great performances. With that being said I would like to see what you think of the transfer window so far and any predictions you have for the rest of the window.

What do I think of the transfer window so far and any predictions I have for the rest of the window ( @GeorgeAK)

For this I will be reviewing some of the big transfers from Europe’s biggest teams and who I see them signing. For this I won’t do the 5 Real signings because if you scroll up I have done my opinions on them.

As for United’s 2 signings, I believe Dan James will be the best winger at the club and was a good signing by United, although I believe £15 million was a lot for him. I also believed they overpayed on Wan Bissaka, but they did need a RB and he is a United quality player.

Inter meanwhile snatched up Diego Godin on a free. He is still a world class player and brings a lot to Inter. He will give them a good few years at CB. Brilliant signing

Chelsea have a transfer ban but they managed to get Mateo Kovacic. In my opinion, I believe that is a signing they will come to regret. He adds nothing to Chelsea and they  have payed over the odds for him. Poor signing

Liverpool have taken a punt on Young Sepp Van den Berg. I don’t think this Dutch CB will ever be as good as the one they have right now and from what I’ve seen on him I don’t think he is going to be good enough. However if one day he develops into a world class player, then Liverpool will be buzzing. I think it’s too soon to make a call on this one

Meanwhile Barcelona got Neto. Now Barcelona, what a deal. I don’t know how they got him for a mere £26 million, this boy is world class and in my opinion he is better than Ter Stegen. Brilliant signing

Finally Atlético Madrid have been on a spending spree. The first one, Marcos Llorente, surprised me. I don’t believe Real would have given a player to a Atletico unless they didn’t believe he would be a threat. Poor signing. Hector Herrera however is still a great player and for Atletico to get him on a free is a decent signing. Finally they bought Joao Felix Who I believe has the potential to be one of the worlds best players. But potential and what they end up being are different things and £113 million could end up being looked at one day as either a great signing of an overpriced one

Spurs went into the market getting Jack Clarke and Ndombele. They needed Ndombele and I believe he will be great for Spurs but the question is did they overpay with 65 million. I also think they payed a lot for an untested Jack Clarke and I don’t think he is going to be as good as predicted. Poor signing

Now my 2 big predictions for the rest of the window.

Zaha to Arsenal for £60 million

Pogba to Juventus for £150 million

Thanks for reading. If you have any debates please post below and continue to send in questions. 

Just wondering what you think about the Dwight McNeil thing. Personally, I can see positives and negatives with the situation. The negatives obviously are more visible than the positives though, and I believe it will be a really big risk for Juve, especially with the amount of money that is being rumoured.