WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Royal Rumble

The Road to Wrestlemania kicks off with the Royal Rumble PPV, LIVE on the WWE Network!
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Check out the NEW Series of Total Extreme Wrestling available on Youtube & Twitch
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
  • Want to create your own promos and a wrestling character? Join "Kayfabe" today!
JoshsNow

Josh’s Football Debates

Has Bale been good for Madrid?

He’s scored 102 goals in 231 games. He’s won a La Liga, a Spanish Supercup, a Copa Del Rey, 3 UEFA Supercups and 3 Club World Cups. He’s won 4 CHAMPIONS LEAGUES in the space of 4 years. Between 1966 and 2002 Real only won 4 UCLs/European Cups. During his time at Real he has been named Welsh Footballer of the Year 4 times, named in UEFA Team of the Year once, came 3rd for the UEFA POTY in 2016, was named in the 2015 FM Team of the Decade, between 2013 and 2017 he was named in one of the 5 FIFPro World Team of the Year, has twice been the top goalscorer at the Club World Cup and has won the Golden Ball at that competition once.

He’s been very good at Real Madrid

Tomorrow I answer who is Reals best ever player and who is Barca’s best ever player. Thanks for reading

Who’s the Greatest ever player, Messi or Ronaldo?

For me, I will compare the two players I believe to be the 2 greatest ever players, Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo

Leo Messi

Major Trophies (14): 10x La Liga, 4x UCL

Minor Trophies (20): 6x Copa Del Rey, 8x Spanish Supercup, 3x UEFA Supercup, 3x Club World Cup

Major International Trophies (0): Did however win a Olympic Gold Medal and the U20 World Cup, But they don’t count

CristianoRonaldo

Major Trophies (11): 3x Prem, 2x La Liga, 1x Serie A, 5x UCL

Minor Trophies (16): FA Cup, 2x League Cup, Community Shield, 4x Club World Cup, 2x Copa Del Rey, 2x Spanish Supercup, 2x UEFA Supercup, Portuguese Supercup, Italian Supercup

Major International Trophies (2): UEFA Euros, UEFA Nations League

So it’s fair to say trophy wise very little separates them. Messis Record is slightly better, although Ronaldo tops him for International Trophies, So now let’s compare them on individual achievements

Messi

World Player of the Year Awards (11) 6x Ballon D’or, FIFA World Player of the Year, Best FIFA Men’s Player, 2x UEFA Men’s Player, UEFA Club Footballer Of The Year

Goal Related Awards (13) 6x European Golden Shoes, 6x Picchini Trophy, U20 World Cup Golden Boot

Forward of the Year Award (9) 2x UEFA Forward Of The Year, 7x La Liga Forward Of The Year

Best Player in Tournament/League (17) 9x La Liga POTY, 2x Club World Cup Golden Ball, Club World Cup Silver Ball, 2x Club World Cup MVP, World Cup Golden Ball, Copa America Golden Ball, U20 World Cup Golden Ball

Young Player of the Year Awards (5) Golden Boy, Copa America Best Young Player, 3x FIFPro Young Player of the Year

National Awards (11) 11x Argentine Player of the Year

Team of the Year (23) 13x FIFPro World XI, 10x UEFA Team Of The Year

League/Tournament Specific TOTYS (7) 4x Copa America Dream Team, 2x La Liga Team of the Year, World Cup Dream Team

All Time Awards (2) Argentine All Time XI, UEFA All Time XI

Other Awards (4) Worlds Best Playmaker

Ronaldo

World Player of the Year Awards (13) 5x Ballon D’or, FIFA World Player of the Year, FIFPro World Player of the Year, 2x Best FIFA Men’s Player, 3x UEFA Best Men’s Player, UEFA Club Footballer of The Year

Goal Related Awards (6) 4x European Golden Shoe, Euro Silver Boot, PL Golden Boot

Forward of the Year Awards (2) UEFA Club Forward Of The Year, La Liga Club Forward Of The Year

Best Player in Tournament/League (14) 2x PL Player of the Year, 2x FWA Footballer Of The Year, 2x PFA Player of the Year, La Liga Best Player, La Liga MVP, Serie A MVP, Serie A Footballer Of The Year, Club World Cup Golden Ball, 3x Club World Cup Silver Ball

Young Player of the Year Awards (3) 2x FIFPro Young Player Of The Year, PFA Young Player of the Year

National Awards (4) 4x Portuguese Player of the Year

Team of the Years (26) 13x FIFPRO World XI, 13x UEFA TOTY

League/Tournament Specific TOTYs (21) 6x UCL Squad Of The Season, 3x Euro TOTY, Nations League Team of the Tournament, World Cup Dream Team, 4x PL TOTY, 3x La Liga TOTY, 2x La Liga UEFA Team Of the Season, Serie A TOTY

Other Awards (2) FIFA Puskás, BBC Overseas Sports Personality Of The Year

All Time (1) UEFA All Time XI

I believe from all this, Messi has the better record, so far Ronaldo hasn’t been able to best Messi. Let’s have a look at stats

(NB: These stats are based on major tournaments in the past 10 years. Major tournaments defined as UCL, League and International Trophies)

Messi: 485 appearances, 481 goals, 174 assists, 259 Man of the Match Awards, 85 minutes a goal, 236 minutes per assist, 63 minutes per goal contribution

Ronaldo: 474 appearances, 469 goals, 128 assists, 150 Man of the Match Awards, 88 minutes per goal, 322 minutes per assist, 69 minutes per goal contribution

Messi tops the stats and because of that, I believe Messi is the GOAT

Who is the best CM of the decade?

main-qimg-89717115b42353f643809a7715d793

This decade for LukaModric

Major Trophies (5): La Liga, 4x Champions League winner

Minor Trophies (10) 4x Club World Cup, 3x Supercup, 2x Spanish Supercup, Copa Del Rey

And to accompany this, he also came runner up in the 2018 World Cup, for which he received a Croatian Order Of Duke Branimir Award, became an honorary citizen of Zadar and received the

Accomplishmentsin the 2010s

World Player of the Year (6): 2018 Ballon Dor, 2018 FIFA Men’s Player, 2018 UEFA POTY, 2018 World Soccer Player, 2018 AIPS Athlete Of The Year, 2019 Golden Foot

Croatian Player Of The Year (13): HNS POTY, 5x Croatian Player Of The Year, 7x Football Oscar Croatian POTY

Sports Personality Of The Year (2) 2x Croatian Sports Personality

Midfielder of the Year (5) 3x ESPN Midfielder Of The Year, 2x UEFA Midfiidler Of The Year

Team of the Year (10) 5x FIFPro World XI, 3x UEFA TOTY, 2x IFHSS TOTY

Player of the Tournament/League (5) 2x La Liga Midfielder Of The Year, Club World Cup Silver Ball, World Cup Golden Ball, Club World Cup Golden Ball

Team of the Tournament/League (8) 4x UCL TOTY, 2x World Cup TOTY, 2x La Liga TOTY

Was also Spurs Player of the Year In 2011 and had the most assists in 2018

Finally Modric stats for the decade. 403 appearances. 35 goals, 53 assists.

I think Luka Modric was the best CM Of The decade

Bale or Griezmann

I think ever since 2015, the better player is

main-qimg-0c007869c3f78200f5b0ce57476f30

Griezmann. Let’s compare them based on this season and last season

Griezmann (Atletico Madrid, Barcelona and France): 62 appearances, 29 goals, 15 assists, 9 MOTMs, 210 minutes per goal, 406 minutes per assist, 139 minutes per goal contributiom

Bale (Wales and Real Madrid): 52 appearances, 15 goals, 8 assists, 4 MOTMs, 226 minutes per goal, 423 minutes per assist, 147 minutes per goal contribution

I think it shows that in terms of ability, it is Griezmann, Bale IN THAT ORDER

42 minutes ago, JoshsNow said:

Bale or Griezmann

I think ever since 2015, the better player is

main-qimg-0c007869c3f78200f5b0ce57476f30

Griezmann. Let’s compare them based on this season and last season

Griezmann (Atletico Madrid, Barcelona and France): 62 appearances, 29 goals, 15 assists, 9 MOTMs, 210 minutes per goal, 406 minutes per assist, 139 minutes per goal contributiom

Bale (Wales and Real Madrid): 52 appearances, 15 goals, 8 assists, 4 MOTMs, 226 minutes per goal, 423 minutes per assist, 147 minutes per goal contribution

I think it shows that in terms of ability, it is Griezmann, Bale IN THAT ORDER

I think you are not taking into an account how one has been the main player for their team for most of it, while the other is a bench player who has beef with the fans. I am not saying that Griezmann isn't the better player, but I don't see how this is showing that at all. 

6 hours ago, Bart said:

I think you are not taking into an account how one has been the main player for their team for most of it, while the other is a bench player who has beef with the fans. I am not saying that Griezmann isn't the better player, but I don't see how this is showing that at all. 

That’s why I used the minutes per assist and minutes per goal. It shows when they were on the pitch, how often they were contributing 

Is Tony Martial the best striker in the world?

main-qimg-e2f8a00047dd5a8d3a64d641ffe334

I presume you haven’t heard of Leo Messi, who plays the same position really as Martial (the Centre forward role, but also dropping onto the wing as well) but Messis dribbling is better than Martials, and he is a more talented striker

Messi delivered in 2019, winning La Liga as well as a number of individual achievements like the Ballon D’or, The FIFA Best Player, European Golden Shoe, IFFHS Playmaker, UEFA Forward Of The Year, La Liga Player Of The Year, Picchini Trophy and being named in the FIFPro World XI

As a United fan it pains me to say it but Martial didn’t accomplish any thing this year, Trophy or achievement wise. Now let’s compare their stats in major comps since August 2018 (PL, La Liga, Champions League, Europa League, Copa America)

Martial: 52 appearances, 20 goals, 5 assists, 172 minutes per goal, 690 minutes per assist, 138 minutes per goal contribution

Messi: 68 appearances, 64 goals, 26 assists, 86 minutes per goal, 212 minutes per assist, 61 minutes per goal contribution

I would say Messi is better

Salah or Mane?

It’s a debate that can often change. Until recently I would have argued Salah but now I believe Mane wins the battle of the 2 27 year old African Liverpool attackers

main-qimg-82d507d97ccb72e98486daa2ffc068

But let’s compare them based on trophies and accomplishments

Trophy

Both had excellent seasons last year, both winning 1 major trophy in the UCL and 2 minor Trophies in the Super Cup and the Club World Cup. The only difference between them being Manes run to the AFCON final, so trophy wise I will give Mane the points

Accomplishments

Salah and Mane both shared the Golden Boot whilst both boasting numerous other accomplishments. Salah was named in Time 100 and won the Golden Ball in the Club World Cup, whilst Mane was named in 3 Teams of the Tournament, the Premier League, Champions League and AFCON. Mane also took home the Onze D’Or, meaning I am gonna say he beats Salah in accomplishments too

I think it’s extremely close, but I would say Mane is the better player

I agree with you here Josh While Salah did have that Incredible debut season I feel like he's been poor ever sense Liverpool's really taken that jump up to the elite level again. Salah seems to be stopped alot and if he was in a team as talented as Liverpool are he wouldn't get as many goals as he gets rn.