BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Clash of Champions

Every title is on the line at WWE Clash of Champions! Discuss the event here.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Smith

Men’s Money In The Bank Ladder Match

image.png

There are only a few certainties in life: death, taxes and complete mayhem during a Money in the Bank Ladder Match.

The annual free-for-all has produced countless unforgettable moments that have elicited deafening chants of “This is awesome!” from the WWE Universe, and several Superstars have parlayed a Money in the Bank Match victory into their first World Championship, making it one of the most exciting and important bouts on WWE’s calendar.

As is tradition, the winner of the chaotic encounter will earn himself a guaranteed World Championship Match anytime and anywhere within the next year. Alexa Bliss introduced Raw’s four combatants – Ricochet, Braun Strowman, Drew McIntyre and Baron Corbin -- during a special edition of “A Moment of Bliss.” The Lone Wolf and The Monster Among Men each know what it’s like to conquer the field in the deadly melee, as Corbin won the match in 2017 and Strowman stood tall in 2018.

Which Superstar will endure incredible pain, outfox the other seven competitors, pick the perfect time to strike and pull down the briefcase? Find out at WWE Money in the Bank, streaming live on Sunday, May 19, at 7 ET/4 PT, on WWE Network!

wwe.com

Every year I am hella hyped for the MITB match no matter who is in it, although this year I do have a few questions. Why Baron Corbin, why Drew Mcytnire. I mean all respect to Mcytnire but he lost to Reigns at Mania, and no one wants to see Baron Corbin. We got new guys like Cesaro, Roode, Cedric Alexander who would make perfect fits. Also, I hate that they announce who is in it, it doesn't make it feel special at all. MITB should be something everyone is looking for, and we should have no. 1 contender matches for people to get in, I'm excited to see who else gets put in. Really hope Corbin doesn't win, will be a LONG summer.

Idk how much im really digging this match tbh. It should be fun regardless considering it's a Ladder match but idk. I look at all 8 Men and none intrigued me in winning MITB. Maybe that's just the whole MITB concept being a bit stale to me. But I'll be rooting for Ricochet to win only because it means theres a good chance he will become a world Champion. But theyll probably give it do Drew McIntyre or Andrade which I'm honestly fine with either of them winning as well. 

I'm looking at the field and I'm seeing some missed opportunities here. You have a repackaged Robert Roode, Cesaro and Cedric Alexander alongside Buddy Murphy and Aleister Black on Smackdown and still people like Baron Corbin and Randy Orton still make it into the ladder match. For me I think that Andrade is the one to come away with the victory here because it would do the most for him. Ricochet is still new, Ali isn't ready yet and Finn Balor is the Intercontinental Champion and probably shouldn't be in this match in the first place. Should be a great match, especially looking forward to what Ricochet can do but there is a missed opportunity here 

The smackdown side of the ladder match looks great, you have 3 fresh new stars in Andrade, Balor and Ali all guys who could potentially be Money in The Bank winners and then you have Orton who while yes has won MITB previously he always has that unpredictable edge to him whenever he goes into that heel state where becomes more vicious, so the smackdown side of the ladder match no complaints on that, maybe Aleister being in it over Ali but perhaps they have something bigger planned for him. 

As for the raw side, half of it looks good obviously Ricochet will be able to do some incredible spots in this match and will probably be the main highlight of it and Drew obviously a viable option to win the ladder match with his cunning yet ruthless style. Then we look at the other half where most people would hope to see Samoa Joe, Rey Mysterio, Cesaro or Cedric Alexander the two men we see are Baron Corbin someone who nobody wanted in this match at all and for the most part don't want him on TV and Braun Strowman someone who is just completely uninteresting and spent his wrestlemania feuding with two guys from SNL, great. Yeah I don't see either of them as viable contenders for the briefcase especially considering both of them failed to cash in the times they had the briefcase previously and I guess since Braun won last year maybe that can be why he's in this year. 

I'm finding it difficult to pick a winner here as both Andrade and Drew stick out to me as the two men to win the ladder match but I think I'll go with Andrade due to the fact that Drew could win the universal championship without a briefcase and Andrade would be a great threat to any babyface WWE champion holding the title on Smackdown so i'll be predicting him as the winner of this years Money In the Bank Ladder match. 

This match will surely be fun to watch as it's an 8 man ladder match but I don't think WWE nailed it with the participants. I think Black should have been in this match to give up something important to do straight after debuting instead of landing in this awkward spot where it seems like there is no plans for him which basically every NXT call up has suffered from over the last few years. 

For a potential winner, I would think/hope that it has to be either Andrade or Drew. Both of them great and I would be glad to see them win it, but if I had to pick between them I would go with Andrade because a cash-in title victory suits his charachter better than Drew's in my opinion.

This years MITB seems interesting.  Wouldn't mind nearly anyone in this match from winning.  With that being said, I just hope wwe doesn't just have Corbin win it here.    Corbin is boring, I get they have to use him now that he was Angle's opponent, but he is just so boring.   I fear that he might win this, anyone else in this match could be a better choice.  

Over all I am looking forward to this match even tho I am worried about the result of this one

Andrade Cien Almas Ricochet And Ali have done nothing on the main roster to deserve a opportunity to compete for the world title Because its too early in their careers Besides i can think of 3 Names to Take their Spot Robert Roode Shelton Benjamin Rusev

Braun Strowman Baron Corbin i hope they dont win

Randy Orton I dont want him to win but if he does win i could see them doing what they did with Daniel Bryan at Summerslam 2013

Finn Balor - He's an Odd one He's The intercontinental Champion But if He does win them No harm done

Drew McIntyre is my Pick to win

First of all, why is Orton there, why not have Buddy Murphy there as a debuting match, I would love to see him get a massive debut, he has really come into his own on 205 Live and hopefully he can do well, now who gonna win? Three people. Drew, Andrade or Ali, which one, 100% Andrade because of FOX needing Latino talent, he can be the man to do it and hopefully he will become a great Main Eventer

Was disappointed with Corbin and Strowman being in the match, thought those spots would have been better suited to someone like Robert Roode and Cesaro. It will be a fun match regardless and I honestly see Andrade or Drew winning MITB this year, either one of those options would be great.

Again, Raw putting two people who have no business being in this match. Baron Corbin who I just want off my TV screen to be perfectly honest, really a case of X-Pac Heat like Joh said and Braun Strowman who is fresh off a feud with two random SNL dudes. So many better options as you could have easily slotted in Rey Mysterio, Samoa Joe, Cesaro, Robert Roode or Cedric Alexander in this.

Ricochet and Drew though are great to have in this match and I could especially the latter winning. I think it's a bit too soon to pull the trigger on Ricochet still but he will put on a amazing performance I feel.

The Smackdown side is much like the Women's match better, although like some said you could have put Aleister Black in Ali's place. Out of all them, my money is on Andrade since he could really use it.

Therefore my order of preference is:

Andrade > Drew McIntyre > Finn Balor > Randy Orton > Ricochet > Ali > Braun Strowman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Baron Corbin

I think Sami Zayn has a good chance going into this match with the time he has been given to just talk to the audience on both brands. Someone backstage loves Sami and it's working. Seeing Sami being this great heel even now is surprising to me but just like Daniel Bryan they are making it work really well and it could be the success he has been waiting for.
On the other brand and hand we have Andrade who seems to be positioned for something great on the blue brand in 2019 and carrying around the contract for however long would be a perfect bragging prop for himself. To think we haven't had Kofi Kingston vs Andrade yet. 
Right now my pick is Andrade 

With these eight men, this match has no right to be anything other than awesome especially with Ricochet and Ali making their debuts in this match. I can share the sentiments that having Corbin this match feels like a wasted spot but you need a mix of styles in these matches and really if it wasn't Money in the Bank it would've been something else.

To be honest I am alright with the results to the mitb match.  I feared Baron corbin would win this so Brock Lesnar winning is a good surprise.  Also for once the briefcase winner is a legit threat for any champion.   He might not show up a lot but he does bring a bit of shock value.  I was shocked when I heard his music when he came out.   Didn't see that coming and that is what WWE has been lacking the last few years the general shock and surprise of a an outcome like this.

As for who will he cash in on or what will he do.  I have no clue.  Personally I'd have him beat Kofi, since we have seen Lesnar with the Uni title enough, and Brock is a big enough heel to handle the heat of ripping the title from Kofi's hands.

This match over all was amazing and I enjoyed the end of it.

3 points

1 I liked the ending of this match because it was unpredictable and nobody saw it coming

2 It builds up to Seth rollins vs brock lesnar because Seth Cashed in on roman reigns and brock lesnar pay back is bitch and Karma is going to hit seth in the form of an F5

3 Do i agree with the winner? No i wanted Drew McIntyre But hey at least i wasn't Zayn Ali Almas or Ricochet

A+ For WWE being Unpredictable

First off the match was excellent and all 7 men in it killed it and tore the roof off the building. I don't mind Lesnar winning and its just absolutely funny to me. It was a cool surprised ending which I liked. I think realistically there was only 2-3 guys that could of or should of won the match so I dont mind Lesnar winning 

94c.jpg
People thought Corbin was the one to be worried about but in the end during the match Corbin was actually great. He played the power role well and his chokeslam to Ali through the broadcast table was one of my favourite spots of the match.
Ali looks like a star or at least on his way to being one after his efforts tonight. His transition from 205 Live to Smackdown was really smooth and it leaves hope for Buddy Murphy to follow in his steps on the brand.
Also my god Balor, how is he alive after all he went through tonight? He was taking all the big spots for everyone tonight. Finn and Andrade were my wrestlers of the match for sure with the smoothness and just incredible displays of athleticism.  Up until the ending this was one of my favourite Money In The Bank matches in recent memory. 
Also Micheal Cole was amazing in commentary for this ladder match. 

After Sami was taken out of the match, f
or a moment i thought it might be Wyatt who appeared in the match to take the last spot after all his vignettes. The crowd were chanting Yowie Wowie even! I'm all for it taking over This Is Awesome for now. But low and behold The Beast is back.
On one hand it really sucks seeing all these wrestlers throw themselves and put their bodies on the line throughout the match only for none of them to get the victory and instead Lesnar to take it without breaking a sweat. If Lesnar was in the match from the start then fine but it's just a shame.
 But i'll give them this...though i really don't want to..that it was an actual surprise that seemingly no one was able to catch on to before it happened. Honestly haven't been that shocked by a return in a while, at least in this setting. Who thought Lesnar would be even attempting to climb a ladder this time in his career. But the end result can be summed up by the shot of people immediately walking up the stairs to leave while Brock is holding the briefcase.