WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch the first episode of WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Crown Jewel

WWE returns to Saudi Arabia LIVE on the WWE Network.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • WWE 2k20 content coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Arius

24/7 Championship Discussion

Image result for wwe 24/7 championship

On the May 20, 2019, episode of Raw, Mick Foley unveiled the WWE 24/7 Championship. Like the former WWE Hardcore Championship and its "24/7 rule", the 24/7 Championship can be defended anytime, anywhere, as long as a referee is present, hence its name. After the unveiling, Foley laid the title belt in the ring and said that whoever secured the championship first in a scramble would become the inaugural champion. Titus O'Neil became the inaugural champion by doing so, beating Cedric Alexander, Drake Maverick, EC3, Eric Young, Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows, Mojo Rawley, and No Way Jose to claim the championship

Here is a place to discuss the current champion over the course of a night, what you think of them, how you view the 24/7 Championship and if you like the chaos currently surrounding it

Current Champion: Drake Maverick
Former Champion : R-Truth
Won At: Raw, July 1st, 2019

Next Challenger: The entire WWE roster and staff

I think its a fun little idea and creates a nice story arc throughout each individual episode and most importantly it gives people of the under-card some time on TV. I can see it definitely growing stale a few months from now, but while its fresh and new lets enjoy the wackiness that it all brings 

Think it's a great idea, first night with it was a ton of fun to watch (especially Eric Young absolutely killing Cedric). My only worry is that the hype will die out in a few months and the title will just be there, stale as balls.

The social media side of this championship has been a blast so far. Especially R-Truth and Drake Maverick who might end up being the king of the 24/7 Championship at the end of the day, at least the hunt. I like the creativity this is allowing for the wrestlers as they look for champion. Seeing someone like Steve Corino and Fit Finlay tease themselves trying for the championships makes me excited for all the possibilities this concept brings.
D7IshnyWkAAbdhs.jpg%3Alarge?width=399&he

Honestly I love this. Its honestly some actual comedy in WWE and it's very cool to be able to see a title that could change hands anywhere, it gives reasons for people to watch RAW and Smackdown as well as going to live events. I like this title a lot and I honestly can't wait to see who the Raven of the title will be in terms of reigns due to its 24/7 Rule. 

I like it. Great way to use the lower card and R-Truth has already been great with the title. As long as they don't get bored of it in 2 weeks and just stop doing much with it, I won't have a problem with it. The title can bring so many different and fun scenarios, I'm all for it. This generation is exactly the right time to do this type of title. Especially with the 24/7 access we have to the wrestlers through social media, this title can work perfectly.

The video WWE dropped with R-Truth and Carmella at the golf course was what i would love to see more of with this championship, taking advantage of the wrestlers being on the road and travelling, adding unique locations for an attack to take place. The visual of Jinder storming the golf course in his wrestling gear was hilarious and R-Truth hanging onto the golf cart in the escape was icing on the cake. I can't wait until they go on their tours again and the possibilities that brings.

The 24/7 has plenty of great potential for comedic relief, as seen by the golf course, but I'd be interested to see if they ever defend it in sanctioned matches. Sadly, they likely won't, but it would be fun to see. Also, R-Truth is an amazing guy to hold the belt, as proven by him being a 3-time champion.

The WWE 24/7 Title is the kind of title that can change hands no matter where you are, even if you’re flying the not-so friendly skies.

R-Truth lost his title to Jinder Mahal when The Modern Day Maharaja attacked Truth on an airport tarmac. Now it looks like the WWE 24/7 Title is back around Truth’s waist.

Someone should have told Jinder Mahal not to be resting while he’s champion. This is why Truth looked so tired all of the time from all the running he was doing.

After Truth won the title back it was soon realized by everyone on board that the title is up for grabs even if they’re in the air. Therefore, Truth spent the rest of the flight in the bathroom because sometimes being champion is a dirty job.

This segment is actually really funny and Truth talking to the belt at the end made me laugh

I love that R-Truth just keeps adding championship names to this title. It is now the European 24/7 TV Championship. Only the greatest champion could be so generous. When Jinder pinned Truth on the tarmac i was almost disappointed that he wasn't in full ring gear again but seeing Sin Cara flying and sleeping in his mask was well worth the return.
On the Wikipedia page it says "39,000 feet above the Red Sea" which is all you need to know about this championship so far. Whoever is editing this championship history must be having a blast.
Think R-Truth will reach double digits by next week?

The success of the segments with R-Truth being chased down as champion is great but It makes me wonder, will this championship have a life outside of R-Truth and Carmella running around the world avoiding the horde of WWE talent? Or will it lose some it's initial lustre once he steps away for a period of time? I'm having a blast watching the ridiculous scenarios like that plane segment but it's a wonder.

R Truth is doing great with 24/7 Championship. But I think the problem is that he is carrying 24/7 Championship alone on his back and for how long he can do this. So I think a new wrestler should come in the mix who can do a great job like R Truth and Title should be revolving around them. Also, I don't understand why this title is not being defended in NXT because if it's called 24/7 Championship then it should be defended in every WWE Show.

I love the 24/7 Championship. At first I thought it would just be a really embarrassing rip-off of the Hardcore Championship but the segments involving the 24/7 Championship have been unique and most importantly, funny. R-Truth is a comedic genius and well-suited to the 24/7 title scene but I think it's time for someone else to take control.

R-Truth has proved me far beyond wrong, as I went from hating the concept of 24/7 rules to looking forward to Truth's latest exploits. While there will come a time where he needs to be unseated, I think they are having him mimic Crash Holly and his incredible feats of being a resilient bastard and retaining (or regaining) his title no matter what. I think EC3 or Maverick would be good names to take the belt off Truth, however, Mahal's name isn't out of the question either.

Edited by The Crippler
doug dimmadome did not approve of my mistakes