BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Summerslam

Discuss the biggest event of the Summer in WWE, Summerslam!
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Arius

24/7 Championship Discussion

In this social media age I always thought a title like this would be an excellent idea for WWE to get behind and the are going above and beyond with it, I'm enjoying how there's actual story being embedded in it and not just random wins constantly; I was actually happy to see Maverick win it back and get away. Guess the next step is to see what crazy thing Truth does to disrupt the honeymoon and win back the title lol.

I think Renee, Drakes wife should take the title eventually. I actually had no idea she was a worker and shes actually been around for 5 plus years. I think they should sign her. If only drake was a real competitor she would be a great manager. She can act pretty well and has good facial reactions to moments. I like that theyre bringing a real situation into this and the story has been great so far. I mean, if they needed renee to shift to a real top prospect, EC3 is always.. Nah whats the point of even suggesting for him anymore.

I like the direction it’s going I hoping...

36 minutes ago, BrendenPlayz said:

I think Renee, Drakes wife should take the title eventually. I actually had no idea she was a worker and shes actually been around for 5 plus years. I think they should sign her. If only drake was a real competitor she would be a great manager. She can act pretty well and has good facial reactions to moments. I like that theyre bringing a real situation into this and the story has been great so far. I mean, if they needed renee to shift to a real top prospect, EC3 is always.. Nah whats the point of even suggesting for him anymore.

Drakes wife takes the title like Brenden said but I think it should on complete accident and she doesn’t she has it.

Image result for WWE 24/7 Championship

Bafflingly, the 24/7 Championship might actually be the most entertaining title in the company right now. As the oddball haven of unabashed creativity and truly bonkers amazing segments, the reincarnated Hardcore Championship is something that many fans look forward to on a week to week basis, unlike the rest of the show.

Given it's popularity, and the plethora of wrestlers that can challenge for it across both brands, lets take a look at who could be challengers, or would make for interesting challengers to be embroiled in the 24/7 Title picture.

EC3

Image result for EC3

Please, just give the poor man something to do. SOMETHING, ANYTHING! Ethan Carter III has really had a rough time on the main roster, not because they ruined him with an awful storyline, but because they haven't used him in anything at all. He's been on the main roster for over 6 months now, and not even notable TV appearances to his name. Given how good of a talker EC3 is, he needs to be doing something, preferably speaking.

However, it turns out that his buddy Drake Maverick (the former Rockstar Spud) is the current 24/7 Champion (as of writing). I see no reason to not have Ec3 involved in this storyline. Whether that be Maverick and Carter as quirky buddy cop jocks trying to keep the 24/7 Title by any means necessary, or EC3 potentially feuding with Maverick over the title.

The 24/7 Championship is a haven for the lower card guys that only seems to elevate anyone involved just by getting featured. Which is exactly what EC3 needs, to get featured. Because as crazy as it sounds, if you're not involved in anything, you can't get yourself over.

Just please......save this man before he goes insane due to severe boredom.

Heath Slater

Image result for Heath Slater

He's got kids, damnit! Heath Slater is one of those permanently endeared member of the roster, partially thanks to his long tenure in the company, affable babyface charisma, and resident jobber status. None the less, Slater has championship runs in him. The momentum he and Rhyno gain in their storyline leading up them being crowned the Inaugural Smackdown Tag Team Champions was a great feel-good moment in the fledgling days of Smackdown Live.

Now, three years on and Slater is back to his enhancement talent ways, despite remaining over with the crowds even with how little he is featured on TV these days. For the feel-good catharsis, as well as Slater's willingness to do some weird and wacky things for pro wrestling, he would be a perfect face to hold the 24/7 Championship. Simply seeing his interactions with R-Truth and Drake Maverick in their crazy segments would be gold.

Mojo Rawley

Image result for Mojo Rawley

Ok, to be honest, I didn't put Mojo on the list because I want him to actually win the title. He is only here for my own morbid enjoyment of his hilarious new gimmick of psyching himself up in mirrors, and some weird face-vein paint. Just seeing him show up completely stone faced, serious and intense to this comedy segments at airports and weddings would be a brilliant juxtaposition. R-Truth and Maverick could definitely make fun of it, and I'm all for that. 

Mojo, I don't want you to win it, oh well.

Aiden English

Image result for Aiden English

Someone that has been so forgotten and overlooked, he's needed to sit at the announcers desk to get on TV. While I do enjoy his colour commentary, I think Aiden English still has a lot more to give as an in-ring talent. After the tragedy that was breaking up Rusev Day, Aiden English disappeared from in-ring competition, miraculously showing up on 205 Live at the announcer's booth. 

I think that English would be a great candidate to add to the glorious trash fires that are the 24/7 Championship segments. His opera singer/artist gimmick is pompous and outrageous enough to fit really well, and English has the charisma to pul it off. Hey, you never know, it could all lead to another meeting with Rusev is the Bulgarian Brute is particularly light on content for the month.

Today may be Rusev Day.....but it's Aiden Day 24/7.

Zack Ryder

Image result for Zack Ryder

This man practically got himself over by doing outlandish segments and goofy things way back in the day, so he would be an ideal mind to have in the mix for the 24/7 Title. Also it's a great way for someone like Zack Ryder, somebody who is still moderately over with the crowd despite not being featured at all, to get some much needed content. Giving him something to do, even if it's only small, is far better than never seeing Ryder at all.

He could even start turning the 24/7 Title into his new Internet Championship, defending it on a revamped Z-Long Island Story.

On the list of people that I would like to see more of on TV, but not in the upper card slots, Zack Ryder is one of them. He's a great babyface that the crowd have basically latched onto for almost a decade now, it's a shame for him to wallow in the darkness of only working house shows and dark matches. The man is creative, let him create something good.

WWE 24/7 Title Will Invade the San Diego Comic Con

As the company teased yesterday, WWE will be filming a Drake Maverick vs. R-Truth match tomorrow at San Diego Comic-Con.  Both are already in San Diego.

WWE will be taking part in a panel tomorrow with Mattel at 11:15 AM in Room 6A, so it makes sense they would film that as part of the panel.

The panel's official preview notes: “WWE Universe, get ready—The WWE Elite Squad is back! Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins host this year's all-star panel featuring Rey Mysterio, Kofi Kingston, and “The Man” Becky Lynch. Not to mention the Mattel team, who will reveal the hottest upcoming WWE action figures. Anything can happen in WWE!”

It's quite possible that Drake and Truth pop up during that panel, so if you are in San Diego, keep an eye out for a potential title change (or even several).

Especially after what happened at the RAW Reunion this title is the GOAT Title right now. So much fun with all these segments and Drake and R-Truth have got to be up there for Superstar of the year with different criteria of course. The story between the two manages to keep getting more funnier and more completely ridiculous can't wait to see what they have in store next 

Completely agree with Julius. The segments on Raw with the title were amazing this week. In fact, all of the segments are compelling and entertaining. It is a fresh idea that Truth and Maverick have made amazing. But I feel like soon they are going to have to rotate out of the scene for a big so they don't become stale. I love the whole Mavericks life being ruined thing and the Truth and Carmella duo working together. Great stuff.

Image result for wwe 24/7 title funny moments

This championship has brought me nothing but pure joy, the overall feel of the segments is awesome. Sadly I do expect the segments to start dying out soon which may actually be good, give us more exposure. Give us maybe 1 or 2 segments on RAW one week and then the next give us 6, I think if for the entirety of the belt, however long that is, Drake and Truth will always have some sort of way into it, I'm sure there feud will span out a bit and be a little more at random so it doesn't get stale, well. Its WWE so you never truly know.

The bits on RAW Reunion were actually entertaining, seeing Kelly Kelly win the belt was awesome, one thing I do want to see with the belt is for someone like Braun Strowman to pin Drake against a wall, kind of like Big Show did for the Hardcore Championship a long time ago. After Braun wins the belt, they should have him hold it for a REALLY long time. For a couple months, and don't even have him run away from anyone. He just destroys everyone who comes near him. It'd be fun to watch and would give Braun more moments to be Braun which makes me happy. I guess this title is one of the best things for the jobbers in WWE, should be fun come Royal Rumble time to see what happens within there. Maybe they will eventually have a Ref, maybe Michel Cole, the possiblities are endless and I love it.

In conclusion, this title should not go anywhere anytime soon and I know there is not even rumors of that, but I have a gut feeling, I just hope Vince lets the people working the title do there thing and continue to make great moments that we can look back on 10 years from now and laugh, I love every bit of it.