BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Clash of Champions

Every title is on the line at WWE Clash of Champions! Discuss the event here.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Arius

WWE Championship: Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

image.png

When WWE Super ShowDown returns to Jeddah, Dolph Ziggler aims to undo the legacy of Kofi Kingston in what is sure to be an explosive WWE Championship showdown.

The two-time World Champion made an unexpected return to the May 21 edition of SmackDown LIVE. Though Ziggler acknowledged that his initial plan was to leave the WWE Universe in his rearview, the recent notoriety that Kingston received for his Cinderella story and subsequent WrestleMania title victory over Daniel Bryan left The Showoff completely outraged.

Feeling that he had never received the recognition he deserved for his many accomplishments, Dolph vowed to right a wrong and put an end to the “sham” that is Kofi Kingston by becoming WWE Champion at Super ShowDown.

The Saudi General Sports Authority will host WWE Super ShowDown when it comes to the WWE Universe from the King Abdullah Sports City Stadium in Jeddah. Tune in to WWE Super ShowDown, streaming live on the award-winning WWE Network at 2 p.m. ET/11 a.m. PT. Regional broadcast information forthcoming.

Not going to lie, I couldn't care much about Ziggler returning or even him getting a WWE Championship Match at random. Sure he viciously attacked Kofi, but what has he done over the last 2 years prior to that? 

Nothing, that's all.

Kofi to retain in a good match hopefully as I know Ziggler can deliver inside the ring but talk about an dull contender.

This match has a lot of potential, theoretically it will get a decent chunk of time and Kofi and Ziggler should be able to put on an impressive match but I don't think it'll be anything mind blowing but it'll be a solid match, Kofi Retains here yet again before he loses the title at Summerslam or something. 

Either this event or the SmackDown after is when we get a Big E heel turn. I'm sensing this and it'll start with him facing Xavier Woods before facing Kofi Kingston at SummerSlam.

As for the match itself, this should be a good match up and I'm excited to see if this goes past a good match like I expect it to be. 

This should be a pretty fun match, but storyline wise it makes no sense.  Ziggler just appeared out of nowhere and is getting a title shot which makes no sense.  However, I think a really good story could be told in the match with Ziggler's new "broken" gimmick versus Kofi's babyface one.  Kofi surely will retain and I agree that Big E will turn heel after the match, and hopefully this match can be a good stepping stone for bigger and better things.

Already this match is going to be overshadowed by nearly every other match on the card and that is a problem. As I said previously, Dolph Ziggler no matter how good his promo was on Smackdown or how vicious his beatdown was, he just isn't a viable contender. He is an act that's gone stale and he's a performer who fans have gotten behind many times before only to be flattened out or jobbed out to other people for the last 5 years. Saying that, this should be a good match but I think Kofi Kingston will certainly be walking out still champ and hopefully he can face a high-profile opponent like Orton after 

I'm not sure how long this feud is going to last. We know that Ziggler in recent years has been used as someone for brief feuds but he could also turn this into a few months of feuding. I feel like Ziggler doesn’t always get the credit he deserves especially for his promos but he has been delivering in recent years (weird Roode/Corbin feud aside). When he said "and you will all love me" really was the perfect point in the promo and you could see the jealousy radiate from Ziggler. Kofi a man he has feuded with on and off for nearly a decade finding the success he was supposed to. He sounds desperate, craving people to love him even if it means beating Kofi in anyway he can despite his respect for Kofi. Can't wait for this match.

I'm a huge fan of Dolph Ziggler and the beatdown on Smackdown was excellent. I think Big E could possible turn heel and align with Ziggler once again but I could be wrong. Nonetheless excited for another match between Dolph and Kofi. Their matches from 2010 - 2011 were great.

Glad we aren't blowing anything big money here, not that this match won't be good in its own right. My problem with this feud is Dolph's jealousy of Kofi because it just makes no sense to me. Dolph has held plenty of titles that include two WHC reigns. He's had both singles and multiman shots at the WWE Championship, where he failed, while Kofi had none till earlier this year which he capitalized on obviously. It makes the Ziggler narrative completely pointless to me. Easy retain for Kofi here.

Obviously just a Transitional feud for Kofi until he moves onto something bigger. They've done a decent job building this match but it doesn't make any sense how Ziggler just got this titie match. Whatever tho it's a Saudi Arabia show.  Kofi will win and move on feuding with Orton probably or maybe Owens gets another shot. Anyways we know Ziggler isn't winning 

I believe this match should've gotten more time as Kofi Kingston and Dolph Ziggler are one of WWE's most consistent elite athletes and the story going into this match was (in my opinion) the best one. At least we will get a second chance at a main event caliber match at Stomping Grounds which should be interesting with the Steel Cage stipulation.

At first I was disappointed with the match. WWE should have cut some time from Randy Orton VS Triple H and gave it to this match. But after watching Dolph Ziggler's interview I hope that there is something interesting left in this rivalary. The more likely is Dolph Ziggler make someone his Ally for his match with Kofi and that Ally is more likely to be Big E.

On 6/10/2019 at 4:36 AM, Yuvraj said:

At first I was disappointed with the match. WWE should have cut some time from Randy Orton VS Triple H and gave it to this match. But after watching Dolph Ziggler's interview I hope that there is something interesting left in this rivalary. The more likely is Dolph Ziggler make someone his Ally for his match with Kofi and that Ally is more likely to be Big E.

That's a really interesting idea considering Dolph Ziggler was the one that brought Big E to WWE as his bodyguard six years ago.