BrendenPlayz Survivor Series

Survivor Series is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz. View the match card!
Match Card

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here

Extreme Rules

Discuss the upcoming WWE PPV, Extreme Rules!
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
I Can't Odd

TV Show Finales That Disappointed You

With the recent backlash surrounding the Game of Thrones finale, I was wondering what television show endings left a sour taste in your mouth?

For me the biggest offender may be the Two and a Half Men finale. It was one of my all time favorite shows (really the Sheen era but I kept watching) and it felt like a slap in the face. Chuck Lorre had thrown a few jabs at Charlie Sheen in the show after he left but the ending was stupid. Basically if you never seen it the short story is Charlie was killed off when he left the show but in the finale it's revealed he cheated on his wife in a 4 way that included a goat (killing his character progression) and she had kept him in a hole in her basement the entire time but Charlie had escaped. Sheen didn't come back because they wanted him to go back to his old home and give a crazy rant before a piano falls ln him. Instead the piano falls on the character, the fourth wall is broken showing Chuck Lorre smiling, then a piano falls ln him. What a piss poor ending all because Chuck couldn't let go of a grudge. I will eternally be pissed about this.

How I Met Your Mother

Spoilers

There is a lot to unpack here but basically my issue with the finale was the pacing of it and the entire final season. If they would've flipped it and had the wedding for just a few episodes and spent the rest of the season on everything else it might've turned out better. That way, we could have seen the degradation of Barney and Robin's relationship in a more natural way that didn't make it seem so sudden and glossed over. Also, I thought Tracy was a wonderful and wanted to see more of her. Especially to reinforce why she was the love of Ted's life and because every scene of the two of them together was great. Though honestly i felt Barney and Robin were the better couple anyway so Ted & Robin being together still annoys me. Barney matured and changed a lot by the finale and it felt like a waste to a degree with how quickly that relationship was tossed aside.

Game of Thrones is definitely the biggest disappointment I've had when concluding a TV show. It's all the more saddening when I think back to how good the show was, seasons 1-4 in particular were some stellar television, with vividly iconic characters and an incredibly rich fantasy world to dive into. However, as we reached seasons 7 and especially 8, the world seemed to get smaller and smaller, and the concepts that the show at first regarded as incredibly important, and logical storytelling were thrown to the wayside for spectacle and unearned shock factor. 

Although, there is a silver lining, I'm now reading the books and they're fantastic.

714569792_ScreenShot2019-05-20at22_23_43.thumb.png.2ad3fafff9a1c7414a3a438a74394eba.png

Edited by Gwynfro

How I Met Your Mother

Okay, so this is a show am heavily invested into and couldn’t wait to see the finale if the rest of the show was anything to go off. However, it seems that everyone they built towards during the last couple of seasons got thrown away because the writers ultimately wanted Ted and Robin together despite Ted & Tracy and Robin & Barney both being great couples. It felt like their goal from the beginning was always to make Ted and Robin end up together even if it felt forced and like it shouldn’t have happened.

The Sopranos comes to mind a little. The finale itself wasn't bad but just the ending itself was so open ended. Some people like that and they can come to their own conclusion. Others like to know what actually happened. Me personally, I don't mind either way but I just think it could've ended better in a different scenario that we got.

I caught the Seinfeld finale again recently on television and thought it was still pretty bad to me. The revisited characters although nice to see and a treat at moments don't really make up for the episode. There were a few good bits like the soup Nazi snatching the soup off Poppy but overall I didn't enjoy the episode. The question can be asked..is there a way to even end a show like Seinfeld properly? I'm not sure but i wish it was at least high note.