BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Summerslam

Discuss the biggest event of the Summer in WWE, Summerslam!
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
????

Update On Sasha Banks WWE Status

The relationship between Sasha Banks and WWE looks like it could be on the upswing. According to a report in this week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Sasha and Vince McMahon had a meeting on May 23rd. It was noted that “things are said to be better” between Banks and the company, and while nothing is official, she could return to TV sometime this summer.

The May 23rd date is worth noting as PWInsider.com had reported Banks was in New York that day doing work for a WWE-related project, possibly the next 2K video game. Sasha has been gone from WWE TV since losing the Women’s Tag Team Titles to The IIconics at WrestleMania 35. Her status has been a hot topic since then, with reports of her causing a scene before and after the show and wanting to quit the company—although that has been disputed and dismissed by Banks’ husband (and WWE costumer) Sarath Ton and The IIconics themselves.

Sasha has largely remained quiet in her absence, save for a few tweets mocking reports of her ‘quitting the company’ and a few cryptic tweets about her future.

WrestleZone.com

Glad to see Sasha and Vince talking about the future. After the Moxley podcast i've seen a lot of people say "Sasha deserves an apology" though she acted in a completely different manner where she jumped the gun by about 2 years before walking out compared to him enduring the end of his contract. 
It will be interesting to see how WWE use her if she does return to TV. You can have two extremes where Vince puts the Raw or Smackdown Women's Championship on her as a way to smooth everything over or it's back to status quo. Right now i think coming back is the only move really because missing over 2 years of her career in her prime at 27 would just be such a terrible waste and i'm sure she doesn't want to do that either. It's a difficult situation to be in.

I think Sasha Banks gets a lot of crap for no reason, I have enjoyed her work in WWE and I think calling her trash, horrible, etc. is super unfair as I believe she is in the top 10 of women on the main roster. I mean tbh, if she did leave WWE it wouldn't change the womens division at all but I can see her becoming champion if she does return just as a prize for actually coming back, and I do hope she comes back and maybe this time as a heel. Just go back and watch her heel work in NXT, she HAS that ability and I think if she was able to showcase it on the main roster she would become a top star in everyones minds, whatever happens, I'm excited to see where she goes. 

Let's hope this is the prelude to have her come back as a heel. Not that I would like to see it again but I could see them having Sasha feud wtih Bayley over the Smackdown Women's Championship.

I would actually find it more interesting if they had her face Becky Lynch though.

I do think overall this is good for her however is losing her as big of an impact as losing some other members of the roster? Absolutely not however I do believe she still has more work left to do in wwe and plenty of more matches that can be good namely the 4 horsewomen of wwe vs the 4 horsewomen of mma match.

They should just release her already, she botched more moves than anyone else on the road to Wrestlemania, she complains when she loses and she has been In so many first ever matches such as first women to main event a ppv, first female Hell in a Cell and the first women to main event Raw in a women's match since 2004. Also she has held the woman's title loads of times but she still complains

On 6/2/2019 at 1:08 PM, Epic1237_ said:

They should just release her already, she botched more moves than anyone else on the road to Wrestlemania, she complains when she loses and she has been In so many first ever matches such as first women to main event a ppv, first female Hell in a Cell and the first women to main event Raw in a women's match since 2004. Also she has held the woman's title loads of times but she still complains

Well remember that her reigns were lackluster due to not getting a good length in her main roster title reigns. As for all those first times, how many she win? That's a reason why she's possibly extremely pissed. Hopefully everything is worked out and she comes back to SmackDown and feuds with Bayley. 

Toxik had a point tho. She's not THAT important to the current women's roster. She is a huge talent for sure but as of right now WWE can afford to lose Sasha. It's not like missing a Charlotte or a Becky. Not to mention there'd be replacements from down in NXT and NXT UK. It'd be great seeing the likes of Toni Storm, Rhea Ripley or Shayna Baszler on the main roster. And if you're a neutral, seeing her move to AEW or other companies would only spice up the rivalries between them and WWE.

I completely forgot she existed to be honest. No disrespect to her, I think she’s a great wrestler and can put on incredible matches as she displayed in NXT, but I don’t think she’s crucial to the women’s roster right now. If she does complain about losing, then now is not the ideal time to slot her in as I can’t see her becoming a top dog in the division right now.

For any of you that said WWE should just cut her lose clearly dont know anything about business and competition. You dont just let a talent like sasha banks say what you want about her but she is good and has a fanbase.  You don't just cut her loose and let her walk right to the competition. It would be a terrible mistake for WWE and a huge achievement for the AEW Women's division.  If she doesn't want to comeback than you just let her sit until her contact up. And dont give me that Bs its just wasting money like WWE cant afford to let 1 person on contract sit at home lol. But i think she'll be coming back anyways by the summer. They'll probably push her hard to make her stay. Tbh i think there setting it up for her to turn Heel and take the belt from Becky or Bayley at Summerslam but will have to see

Sasha is a great talent and really want to see her back sooner rather than later. Whether it be in WWE or another company we will see. But WWE can't let a talent like her go especially to AEW. Just hope all the drama ends soon and we can see her in the ring. But hey if she does come back she can just be on both brands, she can be an ultimate wildcard.

Sasha Banks has been away for over two months due to personal reasons. It’s not often that we see superstars get such extended periods off unless their injured, but Bray Wyatt is a more recent example, where he was off television for eight months before finally making a return on-screen.

However, there were a lot of rumors about what happened that led to Sasha Banks being told to take time off. As it is, there seemed to be creative frustration (which is an increasingly common thing amongst superstars, going by the rumors) and she wasn’t happy when she was told that Bayley and her had to drop the Women’s Tag Team titles at WrestleMania.

After a reported meltdown backstage, Banks pulled out from a post-WrestleMania talk show appearance and hasn’t been seen on WWE TV since then. However, there have been reports emerging about Banks meeting with Vince McMahon and even doing promotion work for WWE 2K20, which means that a return is inevitable. Here are five directions for The Boss upon her return.

#5.) TEAM UP WITH BAYLEY AND GO AFTER THE TAG TEAM TITLES

Ever since the IIconics won the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championships, they haven’t really defended it. Now we know the 30-day rule is just something used selectively, but it’s a shame that the titles were established and there’s all but one title defense in four months. If Banks comes back and teams with Bayley, it would make the most sense for them to go after the titles.

If this is the direction, then a SummerSlam title victory would be perfect.

#4.) FEUDING WITH FRESHER TALENT IN NON-TITLE FEUDS

One of the recurring problems of WWE’s handling of the women’s division – even post-Revolution, is that they hardly gave importance to non-title feuds. You’d have two title feuds for the women on both brands while only two women would get the spotlight per brand. As a result, other women would be sitting on the sidelines until it was there turn, or they’d be featured in meaningless tag team matches.

It’s time for WWE to start focusing on non-title feuds for women and Sasha Banks is big enough a star to help elevate her rivals, whether there’s a title on the line or not.

#3.) A COMPLETE CHARACTER CHANGE OR REVERTING TO HER NXT CHARACTER

Sasha Banks has two major options character-wise when she returns. She could either start afresh and have a new character similar to Bray Wyatt, or she could revert to the original Boss character on NXT. She has always been called The Boss on the main roster, but the reality is that the larger audience has never gotten to see just how good she is as a heel.Everything about her screamed “superstar” and she could take it to the next level if she’s given the freedom to bring back that side of her character. Instead, she has basically been a babyface for the past three years and has had no character development whatsoever. It’s time for that to change.

#2.) A FEUD AGAINST BAYLEY

Sasha Banks has been associated with Bayley for the past two years but has never really gotten the feud that they should have had. They could have easily competed at WrestleMania and stole the show, but instead, WWE decided to keep them together with no direction whatsoever.

The no-brainer option would be for her to re-align with Bayley, but this time, she could actually turn on her and begin a feud. If she has the SmackDown Women’s title for the next few months, it’ll be even better because they can have a big match at SummerSlam. If their match four years ago is anything to go by – they can even main event the show.

#1.) FEUD WITH BECKY LYNCH

Some fans forgot that prior to her magical match with Bayley, Sasha Banks had a match nearly on the same level with Becky Lynch. At the time, Lynch was the title challenger while Banks was the NXT Women’s Championship. They have proven to have great chemistry together and with all the injuries on the RAW roster such as Nia Jax, Ruby Riott and Ronda Rousey, the red brand is in desperate need of a top female star to challenge The Man.

Sasha Banks would be perfect for this role and could be Becky Lynch’s biggest rival on RAW. It could lead to some high-profile PPV matches.

WrestleZone.com

Sasha Banks walked out of WWE after WrestleMania 35 and she hasn’t been seen on WWE television since. She’s kept busy, but WWE obviously wants her back.

Brad Shepard previously reported that Sasha Banks was offered a multi-year seven-figure deal by WWE over the weekend. However, those numbers might not be as much as some initially thought because the seven figure number he quoted was combined and not per year.

He clarified that Banks’ new offer is worth a combined seven figures which puts the yearly value of her reported contract offer down considerably.

This is interesting because Banks just signed a new multi-year contract last year.

Banks didn’t walk out of WWE because of the money. She wanted to quit because she was frustrated with the company’s creative process and direction. So it’s unclear if more money will convince her to stay. It can’t hurt matters for The Boss as WWE is reportedly offering her a huge contract.

Well a 7 figure deal is something that not many people can pass up on and would probably make her the highest paid Women's wrestler on the planet. I'm sort of surprised that these issues haven't been resolved yet, it's been about 3 months since the initial reports came out and we are not closer to seeing Banks return. If she does reject this offer, there isn't much more WWE can give her, they have literally thrown her the chequebook here