BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Clash of Champions

Every title is on the line at WWE Clash of Champions! Discuss the event here.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
????

Match Of The Year: WWE Edition

Hello everyone, and this thread is something I call Match Of The Year. I'm going to list five matches that deserves match of the year for their year and then move on up a year. And when we get to 2019, well do a vote on which match of those were better! Starting off with 2000. 

Armageddon 2000:

Kurt Angle (c) vs The Undertaker vs Triple H vs The Rock vs Rikishi vs Stone Cold Steve Austin: 6 Man Hell In A Cell WWF Championship

Backlash:

The Rock vs Triple H (c): WWF Championship

No Way Out

Triple H (c) vs Cactus Jack: Hell In A Cell WWF Championship

WrestleMania 2000:

Edge and Christian vs The Dudley Boys (c) vs The Hardys: Triangle Ladder Match WWF Tag Team Championship

Royal Rumble: 

Triple H (c) vs Cactus Jack: Street Fight WWF Championship

Royal Rumble: 
Triple H (c) vs Cactus Jack: Street Fight WWF Championship

The Armageddon Hell in  a Cell is one of the matches i can rewatch over and over again but right now i want to say Triple H vs Cactus Jack for the WWF Championship at Royal Rumble 2000 could be considered the match of the year
"I think we need a substitute in that match. I think you know the guy. His name...is CACTUS JACK"
Loved that moment. The buildup to the match was really great storytelling and during the end road of Triple H becoming The Game..Hot crowd, a reason for the violence, solid pacing, this match has it all.

2000: 

The Rock vs Triple H @ Backlash. Maybe not the best in ring but definetly the biggest match of them all and the one that I would watch back first. 

2001: 

TLC 2. Don't think I need to explain it, still crazy and unbelieveable what they pulled of 18 years later. 

TLC 2 was great but Austin vs Rock for me because of just how much bigger it was. It was the main event of Wrestlemania and the match was incredible. Beautiful storytelling but a Hard wild brawl at the same time. It's just an all time great.  Arguably the greatest Main event in WM history 

First Elimination Chamber Match - Survivor Series 02
There was always a possibility that this match wasn't going to work. It was new and if they produced something next to garbage or maybe if more than two wrestlers walked away injured  then we might not have seen it attempted for a while. But they got it right the first time and it helped solidify it as a main stay stipulation. Sure they may have improved upon it but the initial contest hits all the right notes and has some great moments to show what it could do for a story.  Capping off with Shawn Michaels being able to solidify his in-ring return with capturing the World Heavyweight Championship. Another highlight is that RVD was able to dominating Triple H almost in the beginging because insidea chamber was at the time more his element.

10 hours ago, Johnny Mailman said:

yeah the Survivor Series Chamber Match was awesome from the build up, to the pre match promo to the match itself!

In no other circumstance would I think this song fits with a promo, but here, it just fits. Wrestling has a weird way to do that. Taking an average song but making it an anthem as your hype fuses with the beat. I have no idea why, it just does. There was such mystique around the chamber leading into the match, watching the workers actually forming it together and the building plans on the screen really added to it. No explanation on rules ect just chamber and all the chaos to expect locked inside of it. Love it.