BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Clash of Champions

Every title is on the line at WWE Clash of Champions! Discuss the event here.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Arius

Dominion 6.9 in Osaka-jo Hall (2019) Discussion

DOMINION 6.9 in OSAKA-JO HALL � Multiple sections now SOLD OUT
6y19mk5qgs131.jpg

Announced matches:

Jon Moxley vs. Shota Umino 
Satoshi Kojima vs. Shingo Takagi 
Jushin Thunder Liger & YOSHI-HASHI vs. Suzuki-gun (Zack Sabre Jr. & Minoru Suzuki) 
Taguchi Japan (Hiroshi Tanahashi, Juice Robinson & Ryusuke Taguchi) vs. Bullet Club (Jay White, Chase Owens & Taiji Ishimori 
NEVER Openweight Championship Match: Taichi (c) vs. Tomohiro Ishii 
IWGP Tag Team Championship Match: Guerrillas Of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa) (c) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (EVIL & SANADA) 
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship Match: Dragon Lee (c) vs. Will Ospreay 
IWGP Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship Match: Kota Ibushi (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito 
IWGP Heavyweight Championship Match: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Chris Jericho

This is a very strange show due to the fact that there are really no clear main championship matches currently, The Guerillas don't have a tag team feud currently, neither do 3K, the US title is getting defended at the BOSJ finals so hard to say if it'll get defended at Dominion as well considering their only 4 days apart, the six man titles are very up in the air with the lack of an actual program for those titles so I expect a gauntlet match there. 

The titles are clearly defined have either already been announced or in the case of the JR Heavyweight title is pretty obvious what the match is going to be. With that said I am going to try my best to predict the other matches on the card and the winners of those matches and the matches announced on the card in no particular order. 

THIS IS NOT THE OFFICIAL CARD

IWGP JR Heavyweight Tag Team Titles: Roppongi 3K (c) VS Bullet Club (El Phantasmo & Taiji Ishimori): Bullet Club 

IWGP Tag Team Championships: The Guerillas of Destiny (c) VS The Briscoes  VS Los Ingobernables De Japon VS Killer Elite Squad: Guerillas of Destiny 

NEVER Openweight Six Man Tag Team Championship Gauntlet: Most Violent Players (Toru Yano & Togi Makabe) & Rysuke Taguchi (c) VS Suzuki-Gun (Minoru Suzuki, El Desperado/Douki & Yoshinobu Kanemaru) VS CHAOS (Mikey Nichols, Hirooki Goto & Yoshi-Hashi) VS Jeff Cobb, Toa Henare & Juice Robinson/Tomoaki Honma VS Bullet Club (Chase Owens, Robbie Eagles & Bad Luck Fale) VS Villain Enterprises (Marty Scurll, PCO and Brody King): Most Violent Players & Ryusuke Taguchi 

Hiroshi Tanahashi VS Zack Sabre JR (Non-title): Hiroshi Tanahashi 

IWGP JR Heavyweight Championship: Dragon Lee (c) VS Shingo Takagi: Dragon Lee 

Jay White VS Will Ospreay (Honestly this one is just me going out on a limb, probably the most unlikely match on the card): Jay White

(if the match at BOSJ Finals doesn't have a clean finish) IWGP United States Championship, No DQ: Juice Robinson (c) VS Jon Moxley: Jon Moxley 

NEVER Openweight Championship: Taichi (c) VS Tomohiro Ishii: Tomohiro Ishii 

IWGP Intercontinental Championship: Kota Ibushi (c) VS Testuya Naito: Tetsuya Naito

IWGP Heavyweight Championship: Kazuchika Okada (c) VS Chris Jericho: Kazuchika Okada 

New Japan Pro-Wrestling has announced the full card for Sunday’s Dominion event. The show is set to air at 3am ET on June 9th, and will be available on NJPWWorld.com.

6/9, 3AM ET

DOMINION 6.9 IN OSAKA

• Jon Moxley vs. Shota Umino
  • Satoshi Kojima vs. Shingo Takagi
  • Jushin Thunder Liger & YOSHI-HASHI vs. Suzuki-gun (Zack Sabre Jr. & Minoru Suzuki)
  • Taguchi Japan (Hiroshi Tanahashi, Juice Robinson & Ryusuke Taguchi) vs. Bullet Club (Jay White, Chase Owens & Taiji Ishimori)
  • NEVER Openweight Championship Match: Taichi (c) vs. Tomohiro Ishii
  • IWGP Tag Team Championship Match: Guerrillas Of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa) (c) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (EVIL & SANADA)
  • IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship Match: Dragon Lee (c) vs. Will Ospreay
  • IWGP Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship Match: Kota Ibushi (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito
  • IWGP Heavyweight Championship Match: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Chris Jericho

WrestleZone.com

• Jon Moxley vs. Shota Umino: Jon Moxley
  • Satoshi Kojima vs. Shingo Takagi: Shingo Takagi
  • Jushin Thunder Liger & YOSHI-HASHI vs. Suzuki-gun (Zack Sabre Jr. & Minoru Suzuki): Suzuki-gun
  • Taguchi Japan (Hiroshi Tanahashi, Juice Robinson & Ryusuke Taguchi) vs. Bullet Club (Jay White, Chase Owens & Taiji Ishimori): Bullet Club
  • NEVER Openweight Championship Match: Taichi (c) vs. Tomohiro Ishii: Taichi
  • IWGP Tag Team Championship Match: Guerrillas Of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa) (c) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (EVIL & SANADA): GOD
  • IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship Match: Dragon Lee (c) vs. Will Ospreay: Dragon Lee
  • IWGP Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship Match: Kota Ibushi (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito: Kota Ibushi
  • IWGP Heavyweight Championship Match: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Chris Jericho: Kazuchika Okada

Well. My Card prediction was pretty wrong. One thing I wanna talk about before I get into my predictions is the fact that 3 of New Japans titles are not being defended on the show. I will give the US title a pass since yes Moxley did just win it and It wouldn't make much sense for him to immediately defend it. The Other two titles I'm not as forgiving. The Six Man Championships while yes have very little prestige currently at least should be defended at the event but instead two thirds of the champions aren't even on the show and the one third that is for in a six man tag with two guys who aren't his tag team partners but fine I guess New Japan really doesn't care about the Six Man belts.

However you just had Best of the Super Juniors, a tournament that focuses on the JR Heavyweights... and yet they didn't book a JR Tag Team Title match. SHO and YOH had a few people who beat them in the tournament which could've set up title matches for the show and even if they didn't want to do any of those matches they literally teased 3K VS Bullet Club at the Super Junior Finals like come on. You tease a match for the titles just before your second biggest show of the year and then you don't even book the match, was ELP booked somewhere or something? Like Come on thats ridiculous. 

• Jon Moxley vs. Shota Umino: Pretty Obviously Jon Moxley, Shota has been able to put on good performances in big matches in the past though (See him VS Tanahashi New Japan Cup this year) 
  • Satoshi Kojima vs. Shingo Takagi: Shingo Takagi, obvious nothing really to say here should be a good match. 
  • Jushin Thunder Liger & YOSHI-HASHI vs. Suzuki-gun (Zack Sabre Jr. & Minoru Suzuki): Suzuki-Gun, Just lost at the BOSJ finals, prolongues the feuds they're doing in this match with Yoshi-Hashi VS Zack for the british title and what appears to be Liger eventually having his retirement match against Suzuki at WK 
  • Taguchi Japan (Hiroshi Tanahashi, Juice Robinson & Ryusuke Taguchi) vs. Bullet Club (Jay White, Chase Owens & Taiji Ishimori): Taguchi Japan, I doubt Tana loses twice in a row. 
  • NEVER Openweight Championship Match: Taichi (c) vs. Tomohiro Ishii: My heart wants Ishii to win, my head says Taichi since his last NEVER reign was too short so i'm gonna go with Taichi. 
  • IWGP Tag Team Championship Match: Guerrillas Of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa) (c) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (EVIL & SANADA): Hardest match to pick because there isn't much to go off but i'm gonna say GOD because they are advertised for the Southern Showdown tour and probably losing the ROH Tag Belts at best in the world so yeah. 
  • IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship Match: Dragon Lee (c) vs. Will Ospreay: Dragon Lee, continuing to build to the eventual Hiromu return and takes the title back also the JR Heavyweight Champ hasn't retained the title against the best of the super juniors winner in years and Ospreay is perfect capable of taking the loss 
  • IWGP Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship Match: Kota Ibushi (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito: Naito wins continuing to be second Nakamura and probably drops the title to Zack at Royal Quest. 
  • IWGP Heavyweight Championship Match: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Chris Jericho: Okada obviously, there is no way in hell Jericho is going to win the IWGP title, it'll be a fun match I'm sure but no way is Jericho winning, he'll get the AEW title anyway. 

Jon Moxley vs. Shota Umino 
Jushin Thunder Liger & YOSHI-HASHI vs. Suzuki-gun (Zack Sabre Jr. & Minoru Suzuki) 
Taguchi Japan (Hiroshi Tanahashi, Juice Robinson & Ryusuke Taguchi) vs. Bullet Club (Jay White, Chase Owens & Taiji Ishimori 
IWGP Tag Team Championship Match: Guerrillas Of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa) (c) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (EVIL & SANADA) 
IWGP Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship Match: Kota Ibushi (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito 

Jon Moxley vs. Shota Umino 

Not long from being shown Moxley's new attire i've officially gotten used to it and i like it. I don't think it will translate to AEW still but i fits at the moment in NJPW. I was surprised to see Moxley help the Young Lion to the back after their match. I expected him to reach the ramp and then hit him with with another finisher to swerve back to expectations. I like it because it makes you think about who  he is as a wrestler more. I've seen some theories already, more so hopefulness than anything that "Death Riders" will become a Moxley lead faction eventually and that would be cool to see.

I really liked the Taichi vs Ishii match. When Ishii threw his microphone stand and Iron Fingers to the outside and told him to step up, from there on it grew to a very fun hard hitting match. This side of Taichi is one i'd like to see more often while keeping the current essentials. The way he kicked Ishii to the ground like he was a angered Spartan was perfection. Pity he had to lose the NEVER Championship but Ishii is the king of delivering. 

Ospreay vs Dragon Lee (the man that continues to prove we are all underperforming in life) was a blast to watch but I think my favourite match of the night was Ibushi vs Naito, though after that neck bump it was almost hard to get back into. Watching his head snap sideways in the replay, not attempt at cushioning the blow...i'd hope that wasn't according to plan even in the NJPW style. These two need a wall between them for a while before they have another go at each other again. I wonder how Tanahashi reacted on commentary as well since i know he has been someone advocating against excessive risks. 

I'm not as connected to NJPW as i should be, especially during their tournament shows but with only three names announced tonight for G1 Climax this year i know i need to make a stronger effort this year. 

Moxley VS Shota was a pretty obvious match but one way to make some Moxley look good is have him murder a Young Lion so it served it's purpose and worked out very well. Moxley declaring himself for the G1 is great, honestly I am super excited for this years G1 already after this show and we only know 3 of the confirmed participants in the tournament. 

Takagi VS Kojima very well could have been a NEVER Openweight Championship match but for what it was as Takagi's first singles match against a Heavyweight it was awesome, I think Kojima was the perfect person for Shingo to go up against first obviously the master of the Cozy Lariat VS The Master of the pumping bomber is gonna be a good match and definitely got the crowd excited, side note also glad to see Shingo using Made In Japan again. Shingo declaring himself for the G1 while obvious is going to build excitement for the tournament and it looks great. 

The Suzuki-Gun match was clearly to continue to build Jyushin VS Suzuki probably happening at Night 1 of WK next year and to set up a British Heavyweight Title match between Zack and Yoshi-hashi which I just hope they just do it on Kizuna Road and don't save it for Royal Quest because I think Zack deserves a bigger match than Yoshi-Hashi in his homeland of the UK because last year he beat Okada in the UK and can't go to Yoshi-Hashi after that. 

The Six Man Tag was fine, didn't really do much in terms of Story and nothing interesting happened in it honestly I should've been a 6 Man title match or a JR tag title match but I guess you have to get Tanahashi and Jay on the Card. Tanahashi's new finish is weird, I don't like it and It doesn't look good hopefully he uses something else going forward. 

The NEVER title match was great, Taichi and Ishii really lived up to the hype of that match and have proved that they are two of the most underrated workers in New Japan Pro Wrestling. I am hoping both of these men are in the G1 and then hopefully they put them in the Same Block so we can get the 3rd match in this series with Taichi finally getting a victory over Ishii. Ishii winning his 5th NEVER Title is well deserved and the man deserves an IC title run after this because bloody hell give the man a proper Heavyweight Title Reign of Some kind. 

The Tag Title match was fine, a blatant way of getting SANADA and EVIL on the card obviously you have to get all of LIJ on the card (minus Hiromu obviously because neck stuff) but other than that it was on OK match, I didn't hate it. GOD predictably retained and thats fine. They teased tension between EVIL and SANADA at the end of the match and kinda SANADA leaving LIJ as a whole personally I hope they don't do that but maybe have him distance himself from Tagging with EVIL and do what they should've done ages ago and just let them be Singles guys. Anyway it's curious to see who GOD's next defence is gonna be against, I'm hoping for a tag team we haven't seen before or just in a while, like KES Coming back would be great or maybe a new tag team we haven't seen before.

KENTA's introduction I've already spoken on so go look at that post if you want opinions on him. Long Story Short I'm excited. 

Ospreay winning his 3rd IWGP JR Heavyweight Championship is pretty cool, honestly I have no complaints about the match itself, go watch it if you haven't it is excellent but I am annoyed that Ospreay decided to go ahead and make him VS Eagles happen in Melbourne when I'm going to the sydney event and Eagles is from Sydney but whatever I guess. 

IC title match again Excellent, Naito is clearly becoming the new Shinsuke he is one reign off equalling him and two reigns off passing him so he is clearly the new Nakamura. Either of these men could win the G1 honestly in the block final between these two could very well decide who would win the whole tournament. I've heard the idea of Naito winning in Back to Back Main events at WK which would be a great wrap up to his story but I don't know if New Japan will do that it's hard to say. 

and now the main event... how expected this was. Okada is not a brawler and New Japan will only book him in matches he's comfortable in unfortunately he was Wrestling Jericho who has basically changed his style from someone who does work technical masterpieces to an all out brawler which just doesn't work against Okada so it was kinda obvious this match wasn't gonna be great but doing it in Osaka in front of that crowd was not a good idea and I guess we're getting Tanahashi VS Jericho at some point, hard to say when maybe WK but I feel like AEW might not let that happen. 

Overall Dominion was a good show, although the main event was lackluster the rest of the show delivered with good wrestling and interesting moments.

11 hours ago, TastefulChain4 said:

There is one thing that I thought it was worth pointing out: Didn't Chris Jericho say in an interview that the Judas Effect will be a finishing move exclusive to AEW?

He did but i guess he has gone back on that in a way to build it up for AEW while working NJPW? It still feels like part one of a finisher. I enjoy Jericho but at this stage of his career he would probably be better off avoiding a move that takes consistent speed