WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch the first episode of WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Survivor Series

WWE's three brands collide at Survivor Series LIVE on the WWE Network.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • WWE 2k20 content coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Arius

AEW Fyter Fest Discussion

Predictions 

Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks vs. Pentagon Jr., Fenix and Laredo Kid
 Jon Moxley vs. Joey Janela
Cody vs. Darby Allin
Michael Nakazawa vs. Jebailey - Hardcore Match
"Hangman" Adam Page vs Jungle Boy vs Jimmy Havoc vs MJF 
Nyla Rose vs Riho vs Yuka Sakazaki 
Christopher Daniels vs CIMA 
(Left out Tag Team Match which already aired)

Fyter Fest was a great in my opinion. The only bad match was the librarian match but other then that, the show was great. Moxley vs Janela was brutal, sickening, and awesome. 6 man tag was really fun, and Darby Allen looked like a star against Cody. 4 way was great, an inverted 450, never saw that before. MJF is a god at cutting promo. Great show AEW.

HOLY SHIT THAT WAS GREAT! All of the matches from the Buy In to the Main Event were great (bar one stinker between Leva Bates and Allie on The Buy In).

Private Party are much better than I anticipated and I am VERY excited to see more from them in the future, the two are stars in the making (especially Marq Quen). SCU were great in the match and so were The Best Friends, plus with The Dark Order teasing their feud with The Best Friends more post match was nice as well. But ultimately this match was a coming out party for the men from somewhere you need an invitation, Private Party. (NOT A SKIPPABLE MATCH)

Unlike others I like The Librarian Gimmick, well... I like Leva Bates as The Librarian, I don't like Peter Avalon as The Librarian. I think Avalon could do something different. Anyways, I think the match wasn't that good but I have seen worse. I just think that Peter Avalon dragged it down a bit, though he had one or two good moments like when he tripped up Allie and pretended he was just reading. But overall I think this segment was bad dude to the involvement of Avalon. This was easily the worst moment of the show, not because it was hot garbage, but because the show was so damn good. But yeah, The Librarians need a bit of work, and Allie seemed a bit more bland than in her Impact days. (SKIPPABLE MATCH)

Didn't catch the first half of the Jebailey vs Nakazawa match, heard it was fine, from what I saw it was funny but it was really meant to show CEO involvement, that's about it. (SKIPPABLE MATCH)

The show truly started with CIMA vs Christopher Daniels and boy oh boy was this a fun match. Just a lot of action between these two guys (with a combined age of 90 years old, jesus chrimeny) and overall a fun match. CIMA won setting up his match against Omega at Fight For The Fallen and both men looked great here, especially for their age. Daniels like someone said in the discord tonight is a more in shape Jericho, and CIMA is just amazing. (NOT A SKIPPABLE MATCH)

Then we had Nyla Rose vs Riho vs Yuka Sakazaki, good match, I thought Nyla Rose really shined in this. She seems like such a good women's wrestler and the fact that I'm just hearing of her and with her putting on that performance astounds me. Though I feel like Yuka Sakazaki brought the match down a bit for me, Riho and especially Nyla Rose brought it up. Nyla should've won in my opinion, she would've deserved it more. But Riho winning isn't bad. I hope they set up a Nyla Rose vs Riho program in the future becasue of this because that'd be fun. Though overall the match was a bit clunky, there were some moments that really showed lots of potential and greatness. Most of those to me included Nyla Rose and Riho. But ultimately this match was probably the worst on the main show, which with what I just said about the match is mind boggling. (SKIPPABLE MATCH)

NOTHING FROM HERE ON OUT IS A SKIPPABLE MATCH

After that we had the Fatal Fourway between Adam Page, MJF, Jungle Boy, and Jimmy Havoc. MJF is brilliant, seriously if there isn't an MJF promo in every AEW Weekly Show when they go on TV, I will be angry. He feels like a much better version of WWE Champion Miz to me. He is one of the best things in wrestling today. Jungle Boy did some crazy shit in this match, I remember he did like an inverted 450 from the ring post or something crazy like that. I don't even know, I just hope someone makes a gif of it so I can use it for a match write up. It was amazing. Jungle Boy had a bunch of other really cool moments in this match as well, wrestling wise he really shone to me, but that stood out. Page was also great, winning the match and having some nice moments as well. This match definitely revolved around Page and MJF and a feud between those two would be amazing. Yes please. Also Jimmy Havoc was there, he was fine in the match but out of the four he was probably the worst. But after tonight, I can definitely see a future for Havoc in AEW, you'll see in a bit.

After that we had Cody vs Darby Allin. I had not seen a Darby Allin match before this and I had heard great things about him, those people who said those great things were right. Honestly I thought the first five minutes of this match were kinda slow but it really picked up after that. There were a few spots I thought were amazing, the two that stood out were when Cody threw Allin into the ring post and he went flying out of the ring (I'm pretty sure that's what happened, I'll edit this if I'm wrong after a second watch, and yes I'm watching this one again) and the missed Coffin Drop onto the apron by Allin which was just sickening. Someone in the Discord said it was a worse bump than Ibushi at Dominion, I disagree with that but either way it was brutal and looked awesome. The match went to a 20 minute time limit like it should've and it was great. The fans were begging, pleading for five more minutes, I was too, but then out ran Shawn Spears with a steel chair and he hit Cody in the head with an unprotected chair shot. There were some sick moments in the show, especially the main event... this was the only spot I felt it crossed a line. I'm not sure if this was on accident or on purpose that it was unprotected, but what I do know is that there was a lot of shoot blood and Cody may have concussion problems in the future. He wrestles The Young Bucks in two weeks. But hey, Shawn Spears vs Cody sounds like a good feud. It sounds like a very VERY WWE feud, but a good feud none the less. So yeah I'm excited.

Then we had the 3v3 which was just a spot fest, it was fun, it had all the moves, it had all the athleticism, it was great. Though it did get hokey at times with the whole Street Fighter stuff, but I'll let it slide since this show was in conjunction with a gaming convention. Really fun match, and there isn't much else to say besides what I already said. Not much storytelling tbh, but still a really fun match.

And finally, the Unsanctioned (or was it Nonsanctioned, they kept changing their minds throughout the show) match between Joey Janela and Jon Moxley. Moxley's first match in AEW. In a word, HARDCORE. About four Tables, a couple Steel Chairs, a Prosthetic Leg, two barbed wire boards, a Steel Chair wrapped in Barbed Wire, A Ladder, two bags of Thumb Tacks, and no shoes or socks at the end of the match for Joey Janela. This was a death match essentially and it was amazing. So many great spots, a lot of blood, gruesome action, and it was just great. Wonderful match, wonderful show.

The best part, THIS SHOW WAS FREE! Go onto BR Live RIGHT NOW and watch this FOR FREE! One of the best events of the year so far in my opinion for free online, if you aren't watching this, you have a problem. AEW has put on a masterful show here, and I just can't wait for Fight For The Fallen now.

Fyter Fest was great. The only match I did not enjoy was the Librarian one tbh. I loved the 6 man tag thought that was great lots of cool spots in that match. I actually enjoyed the triple threat womens match,  it was nice seeing Yuka and Shio in action. Nyla was ok but not my favorite wrestler. I thought Moxley vs Janela was great actually got my brother to watch it even though he does not like wrestling. Now he is looking forward to Fight for the Fallen which is cool. Darby vs Cody was amazing exceeded even the high excepectations I had for it. But yeah great show and it helps AEW keep that momentum rolling, can't wait for Fight for the Fallen.

'This was a pretty fucking good show considering it wasn't an "A" show from AEW. What I loved about this show was that it really showcased some of the talent that not many people know of. From Private Party on the Pre-Show to Jungle Boy and Laredo Kid on the main show. Of all of them though, Darby Allin was made to look like an absolute star, going to a time limit draw against Cody which is something I certainly didn't see coming. Seeing Shawn Spears with his new look makes him feel like a legit badass and that chair shot and all the aftermath of it was absolutely brilliant. And that Main Event was just so brutal and so entertaining to watch. The good thing is that we only need to wait 2 weeks for Fight for the Fallen which I hope is as good as this was 

"My God, the socks!" - Jim Ross, 2019

All in all this was an entertaining event and a worthy follow up on Double or Nothing. The crowd were electric all night and their chants were fun rather than grating. Allie vs Leva Bates was a bust. I have no clue what their goal is with The Librarian character? But Allie got her first victory and afterwards we got the Hardcore match pre-show which was just beautiful.

AEW need to get Golden boy on a way more regular basis. JR and Excalibur have a nice chemistry with him and it's so natural. Alex Marvez needs to be let go.

I think my favourite matches would have been 3: Cody vs Darby Allin, that thrown towards the ring post by Cody Rhodes was brutal. You could say that with quite a few moments in the match.Darby might end up being the Jeff Hardy of AEW with the way he uses his body.
 2: Four-Way (I'm glad Luchasairus came to the ring with Jungle Boy just for the visual. Seems the company is all on board with them and if they reach far in the tag tournament i wouldn't be surprised.
And my favourite match. My god. The International Purveyor of Violence strikes again. Sad to see no mention of his IWGP US Championship but that was expected. It seems Moxley in AEW is a different character than his NJPW character a little bit. Moxley in Japan is a bit more of a traditional wrestler, even coming out in wrestling tights. Moxley in AEW is force of nature that we've come to know him as but on another level. Also side note, I love the way Justin Roberts made it clear beforehand that this was a non-sanctioned match, saying that the AEW portion of the event would be over when the lights went out briefly prior to Janela and Moxley making their entrances. 

Buy in was pretty bad aside from the triple threat tag that started. We already know SCU and the Best Friends are amazing teams and they're well established but Private Party looked pretty good in this match despite me not really knowing who they are. The card was good but the real must sees are the final three matches. Darby vs Cody was great and a draw was really unexpected. It's a good showcase for a guy like Darby to go to a draw with a big name here on an AEW PPV which should get his name out there. Shawn Spears' appearance was a nice surprise as I wasn't expecting him to really be much in AEW but I'm glad they seem to have plans for him. The three on three was good but I'm annoyed at how Lucha Bros and AAA are being treated. Firstly, Lucha Bros definitely should have won at Double or Nothing but the Young Bucks just had to go over since they don't want to lose on their own event. Kenny needed a bounceback win but I'm sad to see them lose again. Moxley vs Janela was fantastic stuff but I was a little annoyed it was technically "unsanctioned" so it doesn't count. I like the whole anything goes because it was the only way that match actually had any real appeal but I don't like the idea of exhibition type matches, especially since it was on last so. I'm just nitpicking with that I guess, great match. Kenny attacking Moxley as payback to close the show was nice and really excited to see the two clash at All Out. Moxley's laughing after being hit with his own finisher was a cool touch to it. Solid show from AEW for a free one. 

I enjoyed the show a lot. The Pre-show apart from the tag was really, really poor. But the main show was solid. I enjoyed the heck out of Moxley vs Janela. The six man tag was fun too. I didn't really get into Cody vs Darby, just hard to take that guy as a legit threat with him being so tiny. 

Omega brawling with Mox to set up All Out was a great call. They had a solid interaction and Omega looked like a star. 

MJF was still the MVP of the show for me. That guy is just going to print money. He is just simply superb. He might be my favourite wrestler in the game today.

I enjoyed the show. they definitely didnt make it feel like a spectacular compared to Double or Nothing but it was solid. Moxley vs Janela was awesome despite how much i hate Moxleys look. The 6 Man tag was really fun even tho at times i thought the Elite made the Lucha guys look weak. Yeah same with brenden i just have no interest in Darby. Hes supposed to be scary but hes juust so small. 

It was a solid show and it's all here just to bulild us up to All Out.