BrendenPlayz Survivor Series

Survivor Series is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz. View the match card!
Match Card

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here

Extreme Rules

Discuss the upcoming WWE PPV, Extreme Rules!
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Arius

AEW Fyter Fest Discussion

Image result for AEW Fyter Fest
220px-Fyter_Fest_Poster.jpg

DATE: June 29, 2019 

Announced Matches so far
K
enny Omega and The Young Bucks vs. Pentagon Jr., Fenix and Laredo Kid
Jon Moxley vs. Joey Janela
Cody vs. Darby Allin
Michael Nakazawa vs. Jebailey - Hardcore Match

"Hangman" Adam Page vs Jungle Boy vs Jimmy Havoc vs MJF

Nyla Rose vs Riho vs Yuka Sakazaki 

Christopher Daniels vs CIMA 

Best Friends vs SCU vs Private Party 

47 minutes ago, BrendenPlayz said:

Not a bad follow up. Will be cool to see moxley wrestle and see if he switches things up. Is this gonna be on ppv?

Yeah it has been said to be streaming. Though right now it only gives a confirmation for where to watch it in the US. Probably Fite.TV again for around the world but that's unconfirmed. 

Really enjoyed the Double or Nothing show and I'm very much looking forward to how Fyter Fest plays out. Seeing Moxley in action is going to be very exciting especially seeing if he uses a different style and movesets to what he had in WWE. I haven't seen much of Joey Janela but I do know he is a daredevil so expect some crazy spots in this one. The rest of the card looks solid, should be a good introduction for someone like Darby Allin who I personally have never seen wrestle as well as this Nakazawa guy 

I don't think this will be as good or as hyped up. Just from seeing the card it kinda feels like a cool down show as they are really just slowly buliding up for there big show All Out. It should still be pretty good and fun. Will be cool to see what Moxley brings to the table. Now that he has that creative freedom let's hope hes not boring and lazy in the ring and brings a hardcore Lunatic vibe. The 6 man tag should be great and the hardcore match I'm assuming will be brutal even tho I've never heard of the guys 

This is less of an official PPV and more of a partnership kind of thing, it's basically a follow up to Kenny's CEO show from last year so it's not going to be as big as Double or Nothing and I think fight for the fallen will be a more eventful impactful PPV. This however will definitely be a fun show if nothing else, I have a feeling Matt Jackson is gonna do something in Jebailey VS Nakazawa because BTE. Moxley VS Janela and Darby VS Cody are two cool matches, it is an odd place to debut Moxley all things considered but i'm guessing that means these matches will either be up for free on YT or they'll do the whole show as a live thing for a cheap amount since it probably won't be a huge event but it'll fun to watch. The six man tag is an interesting one although it is disappointing that PAC appears to have fully pulled out of AEW which kinda sucks, hopefully whoever his replacement is will be an entertaining surprising choice and hopefully it's someone we don't see coming as AEW continues to build their roster.  

This card is shaping up to be insane.  At first i thought this card was gonna be a bit of an after thought or taken of less of an importance since it's attached to a fighting game tournament, and the fact the name is meta-joke but it seems combing Omega's passion for the gaming industry and the fact that regardless of where they are AEW want to look the best they possibly can it's good to see. 
Jon Moxley vs Joey Janela is what i'm excited for the most for obvious reasons. They come from similar backgrounds in wrestling, through the hardcore styles of CZW and i just want to see how Moxley handles himself outside of Ambrose now.

Losing PAC is a loss for the company for he is a great talent but not one they can't recover from. Plans can change if he loses the Open the Dream Gate Championship in the near future. I wonder if the mystery partner might be a current roster member or someone unseen until now. I wouldn't be against seeing Luchasaurus stepping in.

Definitely recommend watching this mini-series in the build up for Fyter Fest as it helps build up the matches by showing interesting sides of the wrestlers. It's a great way for AEW to continue promoting their product while they wait to get on TV. Episode 2 in "The Road to Fyter" series was particularly good announcing the signing of Shawn Spear (Tye Dillinger) and giving us a great backstory of Darby Allin someone not many people know about or even know of. Even in this short 3 minute vignette his character shines through and I very much look forward to seeing how he works in the ring with Cody at Fyter Fest 

So far so good for this show. Its free and will get the fans more of a chance to see the product and connect with some new names. A lot of the guys on the card ive never seen much of. So it'll be good to be more familiar heading into their full schedule. Being free is smart because this isnt a strong show if its ppv. So because its free, it means they dont need a home run to satisfy. 

Catching up on the Road to Fyter Fest videos and the Moxley promo from within his garage gym was fantastic.
Janela vs Moxley, "It's like amazon Prime for head trauma"
I was already interested in this match because of who is in involved but after that promo i'm fired up just a bit more. We already know it's  just gonna be too crazy guys beating the shit out of each other and i'm going to love it. Sometimes wrestling doesn’t have to be complicated. Janella replying from a funeral home was unexpected but i liked it. If they take the quality of these Youtube videos and put that to a weekly TV product it's an exciting feeling. The quality can help you connect to someone you just discovered.

Random thought but Joey Janela cutting a promo reminds me a lot of Mick Foley. I'm not comparing them just he sounds like Foley in a good way.

Yuka Sakazaki vs Riho vs Nyla Rose confirmed which is fantastic  to hear.
Cody's part makes me wonder how will he and the rest of the Elite be presented on the weekly TV show. They have to acknowledge the fact that those four established the company and are in power. So i wonder how deep they will use that fact during stories? Obviously i doubt they even want to be within 10 feet of the villainous boss trope but it is an interesting position they find themselves in.

Laredo Kid will be Pentagon & Fenix's partner in the Fyter Fest trios match.

The Lucha Bros revealed their Fyter Fest mystery partner on the latest episode of Being the Elite.

This week’s edition of the show ended with footage of Pentagon Jr and Fenix regaining their AAA Tag Team titles, then announcing Laredo Kid as their partner in a backstage promo.
Clips of Laredo Kid wrestling in AAA were spliced into the promo.
The wrestler commented on the announcement via Twitter, writing it was an invitation he couldn’t decline and that “this is going to get out of control.”

lucha bros laredo kid fyter fest young bucks kenny omega all elite wrestling aew

After watching the recent match with Laredo Kid vs Hijo Del Vikingo which was perfect timing to heighten my excitement for this addition. Obviously it isn't as high as a name as some might've been expecting but i feel his style mixed with the Lucha Bros will be worth it. And for those newer fans who might have no idea who Laredo Kid is i have confidence that AEW is going to let you see how good he can be.

D9XeXpbWkAI-yec.jpg

Another pretty cool match announced for the card with a solid stipulation around it which shows that AEW really are going to focus on W/L. I have never seen any of Private Party before so this will be cool to see what they are all about, they do give off Street Profits vibes which is good because I really like Ford and Dawkins. I also really like SCU especially Scorpio Sky who impressed me a lot at Double or Nothing. I think SCU win just because of their popularity but I think the Best Friends have an outside chance 

Looking at the currently announced Card i'm impressed  with what they've been able to come up with aside from the Hardcore match between Jebailey and Nakazawa which is going to be a definite comedy match the rest of the card looks quite good in terms of quality. Darby and Cody should be able to put on a great match and that seems like it'll be a good showing off Allin to unfamiliar audiences, kind of a shame Cody's going over but yeah good match nonetheless. Its a bit disappointing Moxley/Janela doesn't have a stipulation but I'm sure it'll be a wild match no matter what and an impressive victory for Moxley. The four way match definitely feels like a way to prolong the feud between Page and MJF which I think kind of sucks since Jungle Boy and Havoc are both really good but I guess it'll be an enjoyable match to witness. The Women's match doesn't really scream anything of note to me but maybe they'll do something that'll change my opinion of it on the show. The 3 way tag team match seems like a great showing of the tag division and due to my unfamiliarity with Private Party i'm curious to see how they hold themselves against the more established teams of SCU and The Best Friends. Daniels VS Cima seems like it'll be a good match, they really are giving Cima a large amount of big matches with him scheduled to take on Omega at fight for the fallen next month as well so I'm guessing he'll be getting a decent push in the mid card. Finally the main event seems like it'll be insane with the fast paced action of the Elite taking on The Lucha Bros and Laredo Kid, I'm sure the 6 men are going to give us a wild tag team match with an impressive statement behind it. 

If they show Fyter Fest on FITE i'm definitely gonna watch it. The match i'm most excited for is the fatal four way because there's a lot of great talent in there that didn't really get their moment to shine at Double Or Nothing because they were all just put in the battle royal. I hope we'll get some cool spots and great wrestling on this show which i'm sure we will.

People have been really sleeping on the four way, but I think it is a dark horse pick for match of the night. The card looks solid up and down, and being free gives off more exposure for the upstart company. PAC leaving AEW somewhat sucks, but I would argue it is offset by the signing of Jon Moxley. Hopefully PAC and AEW work something out, but I do find it interesting PAC's image is still on the AEW website. Overall, a show I am much looking forward to.

THe 6 man tag will be a great spotfest, probably the Main Event so a good way to send off the people before FFTF

Moxley vs Janela will be a brawl for the ages, this is my match of the night

Cody vs Allin will be once again the great psychology matchup, Cody will put Darby on the map

The rest is interesting, Daniels vs CIMA will be a 4* at least, and I really like they have the 3 way tag match where the winner gets an advantage, good way to make the win/lose matter. Oh and I reallly hope MJF wins the 4 way

Predictions 

Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks vs. Pentagon Jr., Fenix and Laredo Kid
 Jon Moxley vs. Joey Janela
Cody vs. Darby Allin
Michael Nakazawa vs. Jebailey - Hardcore Match

"Hangman" Adam Page vs Jungle Boy vs Jimmy Havoc vs MJF (Would be wrong having a world title challenger lose before the match)

Nyla Rose vs Riho vs Yuka Sakazaki 

Christopher Daniels vs CIMA 

Best Friends vs SCU vs Private Party

Predictions 

Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks vs. Pentagon Jr., Fenix and Laredo Kid
 Jon Moxley vs. Joey Janela
Cody vs. Darby Allin
Michael Nakazawa vs. Jebailey - Hardcore Match

"Hangman" Adam Page vs Jungle Boy vs Jimmy Havoc vs MJF 

Nyla Rose vs Riho vs Yuka Sakazaki 

Christopher Daniels vs CIMA 

Best Friends vs SCU vs Private Party