BrendenPlayz Survivor Series

Survivor Series is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz. View the match card!
Match Card

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here

Extreme Rules

Discuss the upcoming WWE PPV, Extreme Rules!
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
FDS

Pokemon Sword and Shield Discussion thread

pokemonswshlogos.900x.jpg 

With the new Pokemon Games coming out this year, why not discuss them? 

Currently Revealed Pokemon 

Grookey (Grass Type Starter, First Stage) 

Sooble (Water Type Starter, First Stage)

Scorbunny (Fire Type Starter, First Stage)

Gossifleur (Grass Type, First Stage) 

Eldegoss (Grass Type (not confirmed), evolution of Gossifleur) 

Wooloo (Normal type, First Stage (Not confirmed))

Corviknight (Flying/steel Type, First Stage (Not Confirmed)) 

Dreadnaw (??? Type, First Stage (Not Confirmed)) 

Zacian (??? Type, Legendary Pokemon for Sword) 

Zamazenta (??? Type, Legendary Pokemon for Shield) 

Release Date: November 15th 2019

I haven't been as up-to-date as soon most likely have been about this topic, but I saw the trailer and I'm hella excited.  This game looks CLEAN and I really enjoy the concept of the map/architecture on it.  The starter Pokemon look fantastic and I'm intrigued to see what they end up evolving into (I have a feeling this could be one of the best generations of starters).  Overall, I'm just extremely hyped about the game and I can't wait to play it.  One complaint though: not on 3DS.

The music from the recent trailer felt right from a new Pokemon English dub and i'm all for it. Excited to see what this next generation of Pokemon has in store for us. Having an area with visible Pokemon in it is what I've been wanting for a long time, so I'm super happy there. The new Pokemon looks pretty cool as well, the Raven knight will be on my first play-through.

Not a big fan of the giant Pokemon which seems like another gimmick which will be forgotten by the next generation.  At least they now have a reason for that  silhouette of a giant Dragonite from the anime.
The wild lands look like a massive part of the game and it really looks really free in a way other games just haven’t been, it also seems like it’s taking lessons from Breath Of The Wild with the wild lands. I'm really just excited to explore which is a feeling that i love having for a Pokemon game.

"We Knew at Some Point We Weren't Going to be Able to Keep Indefinitely Supporting All of the Pokemon"

I think Gamefreak needs to hire more developers if they really think they can't keep this going. Either that or give the series to Nintendo and hope they can figure out what to do with it because i know how strict that company is about their quality control.
Maybe it's not my place unfamiliar with the industry but I find it hard to believe that a company that owns the most popular franchise in the world wouldn't have the resources to keep bringing the Pokemon over. It's getting really hard to not get caught up in the annoyance over this title, where otherwise I would find it very exciting as an avid player of the series. I've seen a lot of people saying that they don't really want to be working on Pokemon anymore and that's why Town (their new IP) is getting so much put towards it, but if that is the case maybe surrendering the franchise to Nintendo proper would be the best course of action. If not maybe bringing in a lot of new blood who are still passionate about the franchise would be the best option. All i know is that for the first generation on the Switch it's a shame i can't bring some Pokemon along.