BrendenPlayz Survivor Series

Survivor Series is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz. View the match card!
Match Card

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here

Extreme Rules

Discuss the upcoming WWE PPV, Extreme Rules!
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!

Katsuyori Shibata appeared at today's NJPW Dominion to introduce Kenta (fka WWE's Hideo Itami). Kenta showed up and said he wants to show fans "Kenta's professional wrestling" and then entered the G1 Climax tournament. Kenta was released by WWE in February.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/06/kenta-shows-up-at-njpw-dominion-655019/

Edited by Maddrix2900

One thing I just wanna point out: It wasn't a god damn NXT Takeover Shirt, the shirt was a Shibata shirt who's theme song is called "Takeover" (also please list your source next time and don't just copy and paste things from a website without a source). 

KENTA is a great addition to NJPW and he'll be a very interesting prospect in the G1. Presumably he'll remain as a member of the NJPW Main Unit or maybe he'll join CHAOS but I doubt he joins a Heel Stable especially given the Shibata Endorsement. Post G1 he could be a challenger for the NEVER title especially given Shibata's history with the Current NEVER Champion but I could see him teaming with Goto and going after Tag especially due to the relationship between Shibata and Goto. I presume he'll have a pretty good performance in the G1 theoretically being in the top 3 in his block but I don't see him winning the tournament. He very easily could win the New Japan Cup next year though.

1 hour ago, FDS said:

One thing I just wanna point out: It wasn't a god damn NXT Takeover Shirt, the shirt was a Shibata shirt who's theme song is called "Takeover" (also please list your source next time and don't just copy and paste things from a website without a source). 

KENTA is a great addition to NJPW and he'll be a very interesting prospect in the G1. Presumably he'll remain as a member of the NJPW Main Unit or maybe he'll join CHAOS but I doubt he joins a Heel Stable especially given the Shibata Endorsement. Post G1 he could be a challenger for the NEVER title especially given Shibata's history with the Current NEVER Champion but I could see him teaming with Goto and going after Tag especially due to the relationship between Shibata and Goto. I presume he'll have a pretty good performance in the G1 theoretically being in the top 3 in his block but I don't see him winning the tournament. He very easily could win the New Japan Cup next year though.

Oh sorry.

Legitimately surprised to see him tonight, I didn't expect him to wrestle in Japan outside of NOAH. At least to begin with. It must of felt great for him to go from barely getting a reaction while on 205 Live to blowing the roof off the arena when he stepped out. 
I wonder, and this is just me thinking in the moment, if WWE having a relationship with NOAH in some form might have something to do with it? Though on the other hand NJPW has the biggest audience outside of the country at the moment. 
Regardless it is great to see him and hopefully the new scenery will bring him back to peak form.

On a minor note it was great to see Shibata again. Having him and KENTA in the same ring makes me wish he was still ring ready but of course i bet even standing in the ring with The Boogeyman could leave me feeling that way.

So far five notable WWE Superstars were released this year and my first thoughts on the subject were where to place them in the current wrestling landscape. I thought that Tye Dillinger should go to AEW (and now we have Shawn Spears), Goldust also to AEW as Dustin Rhodes, and I even thought it would be awesome if Dean Ambrose could be a part of NJPW & AEW which at the moment that is exactly what is happening with Jon Moxley. As for Hideo Itami, he could've gone back to Noah and be a main eventer there or join New Japan (which is what I wanted even though everyone thought he should stay in the US and join AEW). I can't wait to see him face New Japan's best in the G1 Climax.

I wonder if TJP can follow up with the other four?

I am so stocked to see KENTA in New Japan. I like many people thought he was going back to NOAH so to see him join NJPW it was a pretty big deal. Hopefully he can stay healthy and produce some quality matches and maybe fingers crossed he can eventually have a title run of some kind.

As for TJP well I don't wanna spoil things Tasteful but we have already a pretty good ideia of his next venture.