BrendenPlayz Survivor Series

Survivor Series is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz. View the match card!
Match Card

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here

Extreme Rules

Discuss the upcoming WWE PPV, Extreme Rules!
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Arius

Universal Championship: Seth Rollins (c) vs. Baron Corbin

image.png

Seth Rollins did the impossible at WWE Super ShowDown. At WWE Stomping Grounds, he’ll have to do it again.

Less than three weeks after retaining his Universal Championship in Jeddah by defeating Baron Corbin, then fending off Brock Lesnar’s Money in the Bank cash-in attempt by drilling The Beast with a vicious low blow and raining down a barrage of steel chair strikes, Rollins will be in a nearly identical situation. At WWE Stomping Grounds, Rollins must defend his championship against the dangerous Lone Wolf while looking over his shoulder for “Mr. Beast in the Bank.”

If anyone can do it, it’s The Beastslayer, who has been on the biggest roll of his WWE career in 2019, winning the Men’s Royal Rumble, slaying The Beast at WrestleMania to capture the Universal Championship, and retaining it in barnburners against AJ Styles and Corbin. After succeeding in his mission to turn the red brand into “Monday Night Rollins” with an abundance of show-stealing matches, Rollins will attempt to finally silence the outspoken Lone Wolf by Stomping him into oblivion and maintaining his iron grip on the title.

The hot-tempered Corbin seemingly has no one to blame but himself for his loss to Rollins, as the former Raw General Manager-Elect spent a significant amount of the title fight arguing with referee John Cone after coming within an eyelash of winning the championship on several occasions. Doing so gave the ever-opportunistic Architect the brief opening he needed to stun The Lone Wolf with a roll-up for the 1-2-3, though Corbin tattooed the Universal Champion with a ring-rattling End of Days after the bout, leaving Rollins susceptible to a potential cash-in from Lesnar.

Even if Rollins gets past the former United States Champion in what is certain to be a grueling championship collision, Lesnar could be lurking nearby. And while The Beast hasn’t appeared to be in a hurry to cash in his contract – instead choosing to let the sword of Damocles dangle over the head of The Beastslayer (and even WWE Champion Kofi Kingston to a lesser extent) – a likely still-seething Lesnar could be champing at the bit to end Rollins’ reign after being embarrassed by him at WWE Super ShowDown.

I mean at least they added a stipulation to Kofi VS Ziggler like come one they couldn't make it 2 out of 3 falls or no disqualifications or something or have a special guest referee or something? I mean their match at Super showdown wasn't terrible but Seth has performed better and honestly this feud does nothing for anybody unless Corbin randomly wins the Universal title which god I have mixed feelings about if they for some crazy reason do, it'd be hilarious on one hand but on the other I just think it'd be a waste of time. I'm just gonna say Seth retains and they build to Drew beating Seth for the title at Summerslam. 

Relying on rematches isn't a surprise considering they have two weeks till the show. Almost like writing yourselves into a corner isn't the best idea. It was either focus on the stories they have at the moment or book a airing House Show. If they just turned the Rollins match into a fatal four way i wouldn't be against it, it would be something different at least.

Even as someone who likes Corbin this is too much too soon. The man can get a crowd worked up but with Brock Lesnar lurking in the background constantly it's hard to take any challenge to the championship seriously at the moment at least. Even with Heyman saying he is going to sit on his briefcase for now. I can't imagine the finishes for this event will be drastically different from the last results.

I'm starting to feel like this is PPV is built upon rematches which is very very lazy booking from WWE's part. However, in this instance I understand why Corbin does get the rematch although I'm not overly excited for it. Corbin had issues with the referee in the match and has a legitimate claim to getting a rematch, hence the appointment of a Special Guest Referee. It's a stupid story but at least there is one but I just hope that Seth can get through Corbin and move onto something else

On 6/12/2019 at 2:04 AM, Alex Costa said:

Wth Rollins retaining. Am I the only one that thinks Corbin is just here to fill time before Lesnar chellanges Rollins at Summerslam?

If the championship changes hands at any point between Rollins and Lesnar retaining the championship whenever that may be, i'd be surprised. It seems almost certain at the moment that is where this story is going and Rollins must conquer the beast once again. This time without a low-blow.

I'm not very excited for the prospect of this rematch, however, I am interested in the storytelling side of the special referee stipulation. If I had to guess, the referee would be Sami Zayn, as McIntyre is busy being Shane's lapdog. I hope they're able to pull out a better match in more normalized conditions, but with all being said, Corbin is simply there to job to Rollins, although it does seem Vince is pushing Corbin quite hard, the big man isn't on a shortage of title opportunities, to the dismay of many.

Alright i have to Ask and I'm going to be 100% Honest about this

What are WWE Doing with Seth Rollins? ever since coming out of wrestlemania WWE Has booked him as a coward who doesn't defend his championship every week or pull double duty, Hell coming out of Wrestlemania 35 he's hid behind a steel chair attacking people just because he doesn't want them to be the special guest referee and low blows. When He stabbed Roman Reigns and Jon Moxley Did he trade away his balls for a steel chair? I just dont get it

Now if we look at Kofi Kingston He's been a better world champion than Seth Rollins has, Kofi Has appeared on both raw and smackdown since coming out of wrestlemania, he's won most of if not all of his matches clean except for super showdown but I'll let that slide since its Kofi's first time with the world title and he's won every other match clean.......

if you look at the championship runs in WWE by the end of 2019 Seth Rollins will be one of the worst title runs in WWE History outside of brock lesnars

So many bad possibilities in this match, either Corbin can get the win here and become the champion and be forced in the main event scene even more now.  OR Brock lesnar could cash in at the end of the match and we are stuck with lesnar as Uni champion again.  So I hope Rollins defends the championship and finally moves on from Corbin.

I was actually intrigued coming in to the ppv to see this match just because of the mystery surrounding the Special Guest Referee. But when we got to it, it was a huge disappointment because it was Lacey. Kind of ruined the match for me going in with intrigue and then being disappointed by it. I think we are getting a mixed tag match soon anyway 

Does Lacey Evans refereeing the match make sense due to her feud with Becky Lynch? Yes, what a nice piece of continuity. Does that make it a good choice? NO. All that hype was completely unwarranted. They kept it a secret until the match as if this was gonna be a huge deal and out comes Lacey. Glad they know how to tell a story but the story should have been told differently. Also this match was terrible and Becky looked stupid for not coming out sooner. She let Lacey screw with Seth for ages before coming out. Seth saying WWE has the best professional wrestling in the world in then being in this match is hilarious. Stomping Grounds was peak WWE in that they had a solid first half and then went down the toilet with THIS being the main event. Now what, we get Lacey and Corbin vs Seth and Becky at Extreme Rules? That sounds terrible.

The swerve with Evans being named the special guest referee was actually well done since Rollins couldn't assault her the same way he did everyone else on Raw and SmackDown Live this past week. I'm actually surprised i didn't see many people guess it including myself. I suppose being focused on a possible Brock Lesnar appearance or Bray Wyatt returning is more exciting which is true.

The match itself, I enjoyed because of the story being told even when the action itself dragged. Maybe i was just in a good mood today but seeing the way both Evans & Corbin played with the crowd, though they were vocally annoyed it felt like that was what they desired because when Rollins did make his comeback and Lynch eventually did come out to save him after Evans continued to change the rules the ovation was great. The crowd in the end were on board for the ending.

I liked that it was Lynch saving Rollins instead as well which isn't much but it does switch the usually way this story goes. Now all that aside..my thoughts on the relationship of Rollins & Lynch being used? Eh. Like on one hand i got suckered into the moment as much as the crowd did. I wanted to see Becky finally beat up Evans and help the situation. But long term? 
Right now, I really don't like the idea of the real relationship between Lynch & Rollins being included in a storyline. Acknowledging it within the company? That's fine but using it as a crutch, especially after Becky Lynch publicly commented not wanting her personal life to be a huge part of the show. I know we can sit here and speak about how sometimes relationships being used can be a good thing such as Savage/Elizabeth, recently with LeRae/Gargano in NXT but they are married. Edge/Lita/Hardy but that was off anger and betrayal. I just don't see the appeal of it when their relationship could end in two months and then what? Sweeping it under the rug.

The match was fine I guess, it was smart for Corbin to chose Lacey since she can't be hit and she a rival to Becky Lynch so it perfect. Other wise nothing really happened besides Lacey and Corbin messing around with the rules and Becky Lynch coming out to eliminate Lacey and for Rollins to get the win. 

In terms of Lacey being the special guest referee, I completely agree with odd. Poor decision, killed the hype. Also the match killed the hype because it was average. So much about the match was built up to be this amazing prospect and we were lead to believe that something insane would happen like the return of Bray, but instead we got Lacey. A little underwhelming and I think that left a sour taste in the mouths of fans before the match had even begun. So when people say the match was awful it was an overstatement.