BrendenPlayz Survivor Series

Survivor Series is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz. View the match card!
Match Card

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here

Extreme Rules

Discuss the upcoming WWE PPV, Extreme Rules!
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Arius

Raw Women’s Championship: Becky Lynch (c) vs. Lacey Evans

image.png

It’s becoming clear to Becky Lynch and the rest of the WWE Universe that Lacey Evans isn’t going away anytime soon. Despite falling short in her first Raw Women’s Championship opportunity at WWE Money in the Bank, The Sassy Southern Belle has persistently hounded The Irish Lass Kicker, meaning she’ll soon get her immaculate hands on a second one at WWE Stomping Grounds.

That might appear to be a bold reward for a Superstar whose victories have been largely moral. But Evans has been a consistent thorn in the side of Becky Lynch, who by her own admission was too “content” in the wake of her historic WrestleMania victory to properly protect her Raw and SmackDown Women’s Championships. Evans took advantage of that comfort, contributing to Becky’s loss of the blue title — a championship that, for now, at least, seems beyond The Man’s reach — but Lynch didn’t let herself off the hook and has slowly pieced together back the hunger that carried her to the mountaintop.

Seen in that light, Evans’ second opportunity doesn’t just make sense; it seems like ample reward. By continually targeting and getting the better of Lynch, she brought the best back out of a champion who could have just as easily plateaued. The Lady of WWE brought Becky Lynch back to fight. It’s only fitting she gets what she deserves.

WWE are not even trying to justify Lacey getting a rematch which shouldn't surprise me  Lacey lost via submission to Becky in a short bout at Money In The Bank and since then has lost to Charlotte and Bayley as well on separate occasions. Yet she gets her rematch. Compared to someone like Asuka who lost her championship and has been missing. I guess it shouldn't bother me but i would like some attempt. At least on RAW today she looked a lot more capable and crisp than she has, being commanding in the match.

While Lacey did look great on Raw last night she pinned the Smackdown Women's Champion not the Raw Women's Champion. I disagree with Arius though while Becky did make her tap out, the logic is Becky requested it because Lacey cost her the Smackdown Women's Championship. That said I feel another singles match seems repetitive. I would like to see some kind of stipulation be added not going to lie.

At least a Raw superstar gets a Raw Women's Championship match up. As for the match, I feel like since their first match was only about 6 or 7 minutes, they couldn't get something good in. If they can get at least 10 to 12 then maybe we'll get something good. But the build to this is horrible. Lacey been treated like crap, taking pins before finally getting a win over the SmackDown Women's Champion, but this is still something I'm not looking forward to. Hopefully they can put a good match on to gain my attention. 

I mean, it's not that I don't find these two interesting but the combination of the two just doesn't interest me. To me Lacey is someone you would build up to take the title from Lynch but being first and second title defence for Becky just doesn't seem fitting. I don't see Lacey taking the title from Becky and to be honest I hope this is the last One on One match these two have before the two either move on or at least bring someone else into the feud. 

I'm actually looking forward to this match now cause i think for sure they're gonna give more minutes to this match and it won't be overlooked (at least not as much as last time when the attention was on Becky VS Flair) this time around. Lacey just looks good to me in the ring and it's not like they have any other choice. I'd defo take this over Becks VS Nia or Ruby. Becks VS Bliss again would be sort of okay but i feel like Becky should face someone who looks like a legit threat compared to a scaredy heel. Like a heel Asuka or someone like Baszler.

I swear we already saw this match with a clean finish so why the fuck are we seeing it again, I though this rematch clause bullshit was done. Anyway regardless of the illogical bullshit that set up this match, I really hope this is a chance for Lacey Evans to shine. I like her character, I like her in-ring work and I think for sure she is definitely a future women's champion. Let's hope this gets time unlike their Money In The Bank match and both women come out stronger for it. In saying that Becky needs to win

What has changed since Money in the Bank for these two? Yeah Becky isn't SD women's champion anymore but she beat Lacey first at MITB so idk why we are seeing this again other then wwe couldn't find anyone else for her to face on Raw.  Could have faced Bliss if she wasn't busy dealing with the SD woman's championship.  Hopefully Becky wins here and this is done.

Another rematch from the Super Showdown, and again another one that is uninspired and unnecessary. The build to this match has been horrible, and I have a pure, unadulterated hated for Lacey Evans far beyond the healthy limit, so this match is worse on me. Becky retains, and we move on to the next challeng- oh wait no we fucking don't because WWE is naive and can't build a credible challenger to save their life. Becky is gonna be booed at this rate because her reign is so forgettable when it genuinely isn't her fault. It's an entirely new level of depressing when you manage to take somebody who was riding the most momentum in the company and fucking burn it like Smokey the Bear is taking a nap. It's fucking disgraceful.

As a Lacey Evans fan I have to say I hate this match. Lacey is not a credible challenger in the slightest. If I'm not mistaken she has not won a single match since losing at MITB which makes me wonder why in the hell she is getting this rematch. I get she cost Becky the SD title but like come on. Lacey has been exposed in the ring and I really feel like her call up came far too early. She was doing just fine in NXT and should have been given more time to develop in ring. Her character work is fantastic and I love the gimmick but in ring she just cannot compare to most other main roster women are there are other people who deserve the challenger position more than her. Hopefully Lacey overcomes this rocky start to her main roster career and can become the star she can be. It's also saddening for Becky considering she was one of the hottest stars of the company from Summerslam to Mania yet she has done nothing memorable since. 

I'm happy that this match actually got time but I feel like Lacey did get her chance to show off her skills. All of her offence came from Becky screwing up a move or through rest-holds which didn't really allow to get the fans familiarised with her moveset. I would hope that this was the last match in this feud but I really doubt it is because of what happened later in the night  

Becky went from main eventing the biggest show of the year to opening a C list PPV. It's incredibly sad how all her momentum has disappeared after dropping SD immediately and then being placed in a feud with a rookie. Of course after tonight's main event we can expect Becky and Lacey to continue the feud unfortunately. There are so many other people on the Raw roster Becky could be having bangers with yet we are getting this feud for months now. 

I enjoyed that more than their first match at Money In the Bank. Lacey Evans is a character machine but you could see some moments in the match where it felt she was misplaced. This will be a someone similar to Carmella, Corbin ect where they might've been called up from NXT a little too early but at the same time working on the main roster will hep them become better wrestlers in the long run. I can Lacey being a bigger deal long term.

The Dis-Arm Her is very protected at the moment which is nice to see. She tapped immediately, as soon as she elevated her arm even slightly. At first i thought this would be a closing chapter on the two of them feuding but with what happened at the end of the PPV i guess we could be looking at either Round 3 or a Mixed-Tag Championship match similar to Santino/Phoenix years ago. Oh boy. 

Watching this match made me wanna scrap my eyes out. Please can someone take Lacey Evans off my screen. She is an absolutely awful wrestler. You could legitimately see her jumping onto the ground from Beckys takedowns instead of going down naturally. This match literally felt like Becky was trying to wrestle herself because she had to carry the load. I feel really bad for Becky and please can we have something half decent next time.

I would have hoped for the Becky/Lacey feud to have ended at Money in the Bank, however, we were given an inexplicable rematch despite the clean finish.

This match was given decent time, and was fine. Mostly fine. It was nothing all that memorable or special, Lacey getting outsmarted by Becky on her offence, some kinda sloppy sequences and an instant tap out victory for the champion. WWE have not been subtle with how they want to push Lacey Evans to the moon, placing her into a lengthy title program with a Mania Main eventer. I enjoy her character, the gimmick is very strong and made for the main roster rather than NXT, her ring work is still very green. 

Given the ending to Stomping Grounds, unfortunately, it seems that both the Lynch/Evans, and the Rollins/Corbin feuds will be continuing. With Lacey featured both the in opening match and the main event , no doubt that she is going to be a major part of WWE programming for a while, hopefully they don't overexpose her more than they already have.