BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Clash of Champions

Every title is on the line at WWE Clash of Champions! Discuss the event here.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Arius

WWE Championship: Steel Cage: Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

image.png

At WWE Stomping Grounds, Dolph Ziggler will again challenge for Kofi Kingston’s WWE Championship, but unlike their last intense title clash, the rematch will take place inside the unforgiving confines of a steel cage.

Ziggler demanded the rematch and the steely stipulation in the immediate aftermath of his loss to The Dreadlocked Dynamo at WWE Super ShowDown. Kingston’s triumph wasn’t without controversy, as his New Day brother-in-arms, Xavier Woods, superkicked Ziggler during in the bout’s waning moments. Some members of the WWE Universe might argue Woods’ actions were warranted — the kick was in retaliation for an unprovoked attack by Ziggler moments earlier — but The Showoff saw the interference as nothing more than a desperation move, with Woods doing Kingston’s dirty work for him.

By demanding the rematch be fought inside a steel cage, Ziggler has guaranteed that the scenario will not repeat itself at WWE Stomping Grounds. There will be no outside interference, only two world-class Superstars — one the defending champion who’s living out his dream, the other a bitter and dangerous challenger who’s ascended the mountaintop before. And lest it be forgotten, the steel cage will do more than keep intruders at bay; it will also be a perfectly legal weapon for Kingston and Ziggler to use to grind each other to a pulp, all in the name of championship glory.

Really couldn't care about this whatsoever. No one believes Ziggler has a chance of winning and if by some miracle he does then WWE would be making a stupid decision. He is about 5 years past his expiry date and we have seen these stop/start pushes with him for years now that it makes it hard to truly see him as a believable threat. He's a great wrestler in the ring, the match will be good but I just get the feeling that Kofi should be defending the WWE Championship against someone higher up the card 

It's such a shame. I feel despite the rush of this story it had a compelling hook between the two wrestlers. If it wasn't made just because Kevin Owens wasn't going to Super Showdown and Ziggler was built up a bit i feel this could deliver more. That being said sitting here two weeks from the event i feel i can predict 95% of this card.
I at least appreciate that they are adding the stipulation of a Steel Cage match to enhance the match up to stop it from just being another carbon copy rematch from Super Showdown. I agree with Julius that if WWE allowed Ziggler to claim the WWE Championship that would be a horrible mistake.

While the result should be obvious with Kofi retaining the WWE Championship, it will hopefully be a better match then we had in Jeddah. I agree with a lot of people in here in that Ziggler has really past his expiration date in WWE. He is someone who would really benefit from going elsewhere like New Japan or AEW.

As for Kofi maybe we get to see him defend the title against Sami Zayn or Kevin Owens again soon. I wouldn't say no to a Heel Big E chellanging him either as well.

Steel Cage matches in WWE are almost always a mixed bag. Either their really good with exciting moments and the cage is used to the best of its abilities or they are slow boring ass matches that don't really do anything for anyone, this one appears to be the former. Ziggler and Kofi have the ability to put on an exciting match and hopefully they do whatever they can to make this match interesting. I have a feeling they may force a jump off the cage from Kofi, I could see Kofi retaining but it depends if they want a transitional champion between Kofi and Reigns. 

At least there's a different stipulation we haven't seen when these two faced off yet. But I feel like this feud has been rushed, but still I'm enjoying the little story they have going. Kofi is obviously winning as putting the title on Ziggler now after the role Kofi Kingston has been on since the gauntlet to now, him losing will cause a riot on Social media and possibly in the crowd. Maybe we'll see the monkey flip and Ziggler oversells and flips into the cage. 

To be honest I see this match ending with  Kofi winning but I think we might see the cash in at this point of the night.  Brock to show up and rip the door or wall off and cash in the mitb on the world title and take it.

This should be a good match, maybe I like cage matches too much but I am kind of looking forward to this match It should be a good match again between kofi and ziggler.

Nobody expects Kofi to lose, and why should they? Dolph was originally a filler at Super Showdown, and to continue their rivalry is pointless, despite the scintillating promos cut by Dolph Ziggler. This match will certainly be one of the duo's best, and with their long history and excellent chemistry, that's saying something. They just mesh so well together as combustible elements, but when people only see who they consider midcard acts competing for the WWE Championship, they are going to be naturally turned off by it. I really, really hope Sheamus gets some sort of opportunity, I mean the guy is a great hand who hasn't gotten what he's deserved during his time in WWE, even with his WWE title run, but that obviously won't be happening at Stomping Grounds.

WWE Stomping Grounds is this Sunday, but fans in Ontario, California got a little preview after 205 Live was over.

Kofi Kingston is set to defend his WWE Title against Dolph Ziggler this Sunday in Tacoma, Washington. That didn’t stop them from giving the California fans a preview after everything was over with last night.

WWE will typically hold a dark match as a reward just for the fans in the arena. This week fans got a WWE Title match which is a pretty special deal.

When everything was said and done, Kofi Kingston was still the WWE Champion after defeating Dolph Ziggler. Things might have a much different result when they battle in a steel cage at Stomping Grounds.

I know they usually do this after a PPV, but why before? :austin1 

The build to this match as been consistent through the last PPV. I'm enjoying broken Dolph Ziggler at the moment. Seeing Kofi Kingston being okay with winning his match after Xavier Woods got involved it has blinded him to anything else Kofi Kingston has accomplished by himself prior now.  "IT SHOULD'VE BEEN ME!" For a feud started due to lack of availability of other wrestlers it's one that has kept me interested these past few weeks.

I enjoy stories that reflect on history within WWE and this is doing it heavily and nicely. Looking back almost ten years ago where Ziggler & Kofi were tearing it up in the midcard.. Others would get pushes before them but they continued pushing. It will be interesting to see how the match turns out, considering that their Super Showdown match was enjoyable. Kofi Kingston has yet to lose since winning his WWE Championship and it is hard to believe he will be losing to Ziggler

13 minutes ago, Arius said:

The build to this match as been consistent through the last PPV. I'm enjoying broken Dolph Ziggler at the moment. Seeing Kofi Kingston being okay with winning his match after Xavier Woods got involved it has blinded him to anything else Kofi Kingston has accomplished by himself prior now.  "IT SHOULD'VE BEEN ME!" For a feud started due to lack of availability of other wrestlers it's one that has kept me interested these past few weeks.

I enjoy stories that reflect on history within WWE and this is doing it heavily and nicely. Looking back almost ten years ago where Ziggler & Kofi were tearing it up in the midcard.. Others would get pushes before them but they continued pushing. It will be interesting to see how the match turns out, considering that their Super Showdown match was enjoyable. Kofi Kingston has yet to lose since winning his WWE Championship and it is hard to believe he will be losing to Ziggler

The match being a steel cage is the only thing that's turning me off, we just had steel cage match at MITB so another one seems repetitive. It will still be a good match, I can't see Ziggler winning this sunday.  

I think the match itself lived up to the hype that it set itself being mediocre at best. A cage match is very restricting for me personally because majority of it is about trying to get out and there isn't really any fun in watching people do that for 25 minutes. The spot at the end was cool and it can further play into Dolph's character if he sticks around but I don't want to see this two again at Extreme Rules. Time for that Kingston vs Randy feud to happen 

I think the match was pretty boring as there wasn't much drama to it since there was no way I could believe Ziggler was going to win the match. Cage matches in general are usually boring. I think it should be that the baby face never tries to outright leave. Look at Zbyszko/Sammartino at Shea Stadium in 80' and that's a perfect example of what it should be, the face beating the crap out of the heel while the heel is trying to run for their life. Anyways, the finish was cool and they utilized the door surprisingly well but otherwise this was forgettable and I hope this is the end of the Ziggler feud and he goes back to doing stand up comedy.

You can usually count on Kingston and Ziggler to deliver a quality contest but i feel this match wasn't as good as their previous match.  I know it's unrealistic to ask in modern WWE but i feel the cage match should've used it's environment more than it did. It felt like an average Kingston vs Ziggler match with the cage coincidentally around them in the process. Which is another reason i don't enjoy the door being open usually. Of course the ending spot with Kofi Kingston just throwing himself into the outside for the victory was sweet but usually i feel it takes away from the match itself.