WWE 2k20 Universe Mode is here!

Watch the first episode of WWE 2k20 Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz!
Watch Here

BrendenPlayz Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Watch the Tables, Ladders & Chairs on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Survivor Series

WWE's three brands collide at Survivor Series LIVE on the WWE Network.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • WWE 2k20 content coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Smith

NXT Discussion: June 12th, 2019

image.png

From the technical precision of Kushida vs. Drew Gulak in a Submission Match, to the smash-mouth stylings of Danny Burch & Oney Lorcan vs. The Undisputed ERA, this week’s NXT double main event has all the action you can handle. Plus, Io Shirai & Candice LeRae join forces to take on The Four Horsewomen’s foot soldiers, Marina Shafir & Jessamyn Duke, in a long-awaited grudge match.

• No calm after the storm of TakeOver: XXV
  • Challenge accepted: Kushida, Gulak to clash in Submission Match
  • LeRae joins Shirai in tag action against Horsewomen’s Duke & Shafir

wwe.com

This is the last episode of NXT that has been tapped so after this expect new storylines to begin. For what is essentially a filler episode it looks pretty good, Kushida VS Gulak will be an excellent match and will be filled with some excellent technical wrestling. The rematch between Undisputed Era and One Two looks good obviously the two teams have really good chemistry and this should be a great match. As for the Horsewomen VS Shirai and Lerae, I don't really care at this point i'm just waiting for Baszler to lose the title and in my opinion the division feels quite lifeless. 

Duke and Shafir have both improved in look and in the ring since their debut. At first i thought they might've been put on TV too soon since joining the Performance Centre but combined with their work at house shows the decision seems to be working quite well for them. They still have a long way to go and could be in NXT for a while after Shanya leaves but it's good to be able to notice improvement. 
Shanya watching from the top of the ramp gave some good reactions to Io brutalising her friends. This new Io is getting to Shanya. I'm enjoying this new side of Io and i feel it will help separate her from Kairi Hojo long term within WWE. I hope she captures the championship.

Submission matches are rare within WWE. I think the last one was when Austin Aries was still with the company and it didn't disappoint. WWE have done well building up KUSHIDA since he debuted in NXT with an interesting entrance, allowing him to not change much at all about himself and just good matches being his build rather than a particularly deep story. 
With new tapings underway it will be interesting where they take NXT for the next few months.

Pretty decent episode of NXT, as FD said it was mostly filler because they were just waiting to get into the TV Tapings. I really like Shafir and Duke but they always lose. Like I don't actually remember them winning at all and its starting to hurt their menace and overall presentation. This Io character is cool but I don't know if I am completely sold on it. Really liked the Main Event, those 4 lads always work well and and this was no exception. The next few months heading into TakeOver Toronto are going to be interesting, especially seeing who the new challengers are for the top titles and what other sorts of feuds are going to be put together. Also intrigued to see the debut of Damian Priest