BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Clash of Champions

Every title is on the line at WWE Clash of Champions! Discuss the event here.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Arius

WWE 2K20 News & Rumours Discussion

Image result for WWE 2K20 png

The rumours so far
It appears WWE 2K20 will offer at least one special edition of the game, and WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle looks to be a part of the incentive package. Angle posted an image of a stack of commemorative photos of himself that also clearly included a WWE 2K logo. 

- Renee Young will be on commentary in the game - Renee’s Instagram showed the screenshot of the script for the upcoming WWE game’s Showcase Mode, which had her pairing with her Monday Night Raw broadcast partners of Michael Cole and Corey Graves.

- Leading off that Instagram post, The match they were doing commentary for was Charlotte Flair and Natalya’s NXT match, leading to speculation that the Showcase Mode this year may possibly be revolving around the WWE Women’s Evolution.

Until they can have at least 20 Men in the ring at once. This game will never be interesting to me. That is the main thing ive always wanted out of this and they've yet to deliver.  Please please make it that more people can be in the ring at once. From what i saw my career was pretty decent in2k19 hopefully they can improve on that. But please work on UM. Make it better and more interesting that would be nice  not sure if i will buy the game but come Christmas time i guess will see depending on if its good or not

If the rumoured Women's Showcase for 2K20 is true, what matches/feuds before the NXT Revolution could you see being added ?
Mickie James vs Trish Status comes to mind. Also Trish vs Lita. It would be great to see them embrace the entire history of women's wrestling in WWE(F) in some form. Bull Nakano vs Alundra Blayze. Maybe Wendi Richter and a younger Mae Young featured characters. Of course there is only so much room for characters but with the introduction of the Women's Tag Team Champions having The Jumping Bomb Angels would be a cool minor throwback.

Im probably  not going to buy WWE2k20. Last WWE2k I bought was 2k17 and it got stale for me pretty quickly. Even if I go on it now I can only play for like 5 minutes. Reenee Young being on commentary just seems odd. If anything she should be used in MyCareer as an interview person. Having Kurt as the cover figure is pretty cool I guess, but still I am not going to buy it.

As much as I used to love buying the WWE games every year, I don’t think I plan on getting this one. The games lost their appeal to me once I realised that I didn’t play them much and that there are better games I could get. I really only ended up playing Universe Mode when I did get the Ames and there was ever only so much you could do.

WWE is one of the few complete collections i have of that size, having all PlayStation titles. From there all up until 2K19 which was the first one i didn't have much desire to play. Something about the new style lost its appeal for me and i needed a break. Though i'm excited for the new possible THQ game they have in store is i'm also looking forward to what 2K20 has in store because i feel the itch and hope they reveal some new changes that scratch it.

I will be getting this game as every year, but it seems by every year I become a little less interested in buying the game. They really need to add more game modes and a better feel for the game before I come back to enjoying it as much as I did a few years ago

jBy7xQi.jpg

After months of wait, trepidation and anticipation, the official announcement of WWE 2K20 has finally arrived, and information will start to roll in! The official WWE 2K account releasing the following Tweet

"The #WWE2K20 cover reveal kicks off on August 5 with more details than we’ve ever shared at announce and your first look at game footage! Follow our social accounts so you won’t miss a thing."
Alongside that was the first look with a creenshot, featuring none other than The Beast, The Conqueror, the reigning, defending, undisputed Universal Champion... Brock Lesnar! 

August 5th better have seem good details, cause im sure pre-orders for the series is down.  I have only ever never played one WWE game, and that was 19, lets hope it was just a one time mistake and they improve and not become just another sports game with a different skin and some new roster additions like so many sports games are becoming. 

Looking at the comparison shots between the released photo and last years mode. Yeah the model might be mostly the same, but i feel most models are usually good aside from the annul lone mess ups (example Dana Brooke, Rene Young in years past). The lighting is the important factor to get the best out of those models and it looks great in this photo. My only hope is that they improve the really bad models and elevate them to similar levels of the top ones.

Another teaser: "WWE 2K20 Coat Rack"

'WWE 2K20' Release Date, Cover Athletes, Pre-Order And Collector's Edition Info Revealed
WWE 2K20 Game Features Details - Everything You Need to Know

Here below you find a breakdown of all the WWE 2K20 game features announced so far. Stay tuned as this page will constantly be updated as new info is revealed.
WWE 2K20 is scheduled for worldwide release on Tuesday, October 22, 2019 for PlayStation, Xbox One and Windows PC.

WWE 2K20 - STEP INSIDE
WWE 2K20, in direct response to fan feedback, will include several franchise firsts alongside streamlined gameplay and a variety of popular modes. 

WOMEN'S EVOLUTION 2K SHOWCASE MODE
The story-driven, objective-based 2K Showcase: The Women’s Evolution will follow the careers of the Four Horsewomen:

Raw Women’s Champion Becky Lynch
SmackDown Women’s Champion Bayley
Charlotte Flair
Sasha Banks

DIVERSIFIED MyCAREER EXPERIENCE
For the first time, WWE 2K20 players will be able to compete as both male and female Superstars in MyCAREER.

MATCH TYPES
Mixed Tag Team Matches officially make a return to the series.

2K TOWERS
Last year’s popular WWE Towers also returns with exciting new challenges, including a story-driven Tower centered around the career of Roman Reigns.

STREAMLINED CONTROLS
Controls will be streamlined to allow new players to jump into the game more easily, while experienced players will still enjoy a challenge.

WWE 2K20 ORIGINALS
The game will also introduce a new service model – WWE 2K20 Originals – set to deliver a wealth of 2K Showcase DLC Content after the game’s initial launch.
Each of the WWE 2K20 Originals will present a new playable world and its own unique theme - more details will be announced in the coming months.

MASSIVE PLAYABLE ROSTER
As always, the WWE 2K20 Roster will feature a massive number of playable Superstars, with your favorite WWE, NXT and 205 Live Superstars, Legends and Hall of Famers. 

SPECIAL EDITIONS
Players who purchase the WWE 2K20 Deluxe Edition or Collector’s Edition will receive in-game bonuses, including playable Superstars Chyna, Hulk Hogan, Mankind and The Rock.

Smackdown 20th Anniversary
WWE 2K20

• Copy of WWE 2K20 video game with Collector’s Edition packaging; 
  • Accelerator - Take control of your WWE 2K20 experience with the Accelerator.  Players can gain access to all unlockable content available at launch via the game’s Purchasable section and take full control of the overall rankings and attribute levels of all playable characters;
  • Kickstart - Get a leg up in your MyCAREER by unlocking and boosting your MyPLAYER ratings and attributes with 25 additional Attribute Points and 8 Additional Skill Points. Plus, get a 25,000 VC starting bonus to unlock more Superstar parts, Moves and more! In addition to this, start with all Boost Slots unlocked plus 15 free Boosts, 15 free Tokens and 25 free Deluxe Tokens;
  • Additional bonus digital content (details to be announced this summer);
  • Physical collectibles (details to be announced this summer);
  • WWE SuperCard Limited Edition Cards.

‘The Fiend’ Bray Wyatt Headlines First WWE 2K20 Originals Pack 
frankandthefiend.jpg

WWE Games has announced “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt will headline their inaugural ‘Origins Pack’, which is being touted as the biggest pre-order bonus ever.

WWE 2K20 Originals: Bump in the Night is the first entry in the new series of downloadable content packs, each with a different theme. The Bump in the Night pack is a horror-themed entry that is available at no charge for fans that pre-order WWE 2K20 at participating retailers. The pack will also be available for individual purchase after the game’s launch at a price point of $14.99. ‘Bump’ will include a playable version of “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt, a horror-themed Showcase, unique story towers, frightening versions of some of your favorite WWE Superstars like Finn Balor and Braun (Franken)Strowman, and much more.

The following is the complete lineup for the Bump In The Night content pack:

WWE 2K20 ORIGINALS: BUMP IN THE NIGHT CONTENT*

“THE FIEND” BRAY WYATT PLAYABLE CHARACTER

Add the most unsettling Superstar in WWE to your WWE 2K20 roster!

NEW 2K SHOWCASE

An alternate “Swampfather” version of Bray Wyatt has amassed otherworldly power, becoming an embodiment of the swamp itself. He lures Finn Bálor to his compound to recruit Finn’s Demon into his group of powered Superstars, which he calls his “Family.” Finn is forced to fight in a series of matches against members of Wyatt’s Family until finally, the power within Finn Bálor is unleashed. Exclusive commentary brings the story to life.

STORY 2K TOWERS

• 2K Towers with full stories and unique versions of WWE Superstars
  • “The Fiend” – “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt stars in his own tower
  • “All Fed Up” – “Fed-Up” Sheamus is forced to take on some of his former fellow Superstars, who have all become zombies
  • “Nowhere to Run” – “Twisted” Nikki Cross looks to “play” with other Superstars in her own twisted game
  • “One of the Family” – “The Swampfather” Bray Wyatt decides to bring on one of his past recruits. Can Daniel Bryan avoid becoming one of “The Swampfather’s” thralls?
  • “Nowhere to Hide” – “Survivor” Mandy Rose has had enough of “Twisted” Nikki Cross and her games. She’s going to do what she can to put an end to the madness

HORROR-THEMED WWE SUPERSTAR CHARACTERS

• “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt
  • “Demon King” Finn Bálor
  • “The Swampfather” Bray Wyatt
  • FrankenStrowman
  • “Wicked” Aleister Black
  • “Unleashed Apex Predator” Randy Orton
  • “Fed-Up” Sheamus
  • +2 mystery versions of WWE Superstars (aside from “Survivor” Mandy Rose and “Twisted” Nikki Cross)

ARENAS

• Wyatt Swamp Arena
  • Cemetery Brawl Arena
  • HORROR-THEMED CREATION
  • Dozens of Create-a-Superstar parts
  • New Create-an-Arena parts
  • New weapons
  • New moves

That actually seems like a really good pack with everything you get from it and if you’re doing a UM, it could be interesting to have a stable consisting of some of those characters. Great way for 2k to hop on the hype train for The Fiend to get people to preorder this game.

WWE 2K20 Women’s Evolution Showcase Mode Details, Legends Trailer (Video)

On Wednesday, WWE released a trailer for the new WWE 2K20 Showcase Mode, which will highlight the careers of the “Four Horsewomen” of WWE – Becky Lynch, Charlotte Flair, Bayley, and Sasha Banks

The mode will include matches that will be a part of the experience. Players will start at the very first WWE NXT TakeOver and continue until they reach the main event at WrestleMania 35 between Becky Lynch, Charlotte Flair, and Ronda Rousey.

WWE has also posted a new “Legends” version of the WWE 2K20 commercial that features the likes of Stone Cold Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan, Sting, Bret “The Hitman” Hart and Shawn Michaels.

• NXT TakeOver – Charlotte Flair w/ Ric Flair v. Natalya w/Bret Hart
  • NXT TakeOver: Rival – Sasha Banks v. Charlotte Flair v. Bayley v. Becky Lynch
  • NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn – Bayley v. Sasha Banks
  • Night of Champions 2015 – Charlotte Flair w/Paige & Becky Lynch v. Nikki Bella w/Brie Bella & Alicia Fox
  • WrestleMania 32 – Charlotte Flair w/Ric Flair v. Becky Lynch v. Sasha Banks
  • RAW – Sasha Banks v. Charlotte w/Dana Brooke
  • Backlash – Becky Lynch v. Alexa Bliss v. Carmella v. Naomi v. Natalya v. Nikki Bella
  • Hell in a Cell – Charlotte Flair v. Sasha Banks
  • Elimination Chamber – Becky Lynch v. Mickie James
  • RAW – Bayley v. Charlotte Flair
  • Fastlane – Sasha Banks v. Nia Jax
  • WrestleMania 33 – Bayley v. Charlotte Flair v. Nia Jax v. Sasha Banks
  • WrestleMania 34 – Charlotte Flair v. Asuka
  • Evolution – Becky Lynch v. Charlotte Flair
  • WrestleMania 35 – Becky Lynch v. Charlotte Flair v. Ronda Rousey

WWE 2K20 will be released on October 22nd, 2019 with no early access for collectors or deluxe versions this year. It will be made available for fans to play on Xbox One, PS4, and PC.

Doesn't really give a good look at the actually showcase but for an announcement it was fine. Honestly I still think these showcases can be boring. Especially when the events are so recent like this Women's Revoloution. I much prefer the throwback showcase if we're doing move for move recreations but i find career mode with the RPG elements where the storylines can get a little weirder more enjoyable overall.