BrendenPlayz Survivor Series

Survivor Series is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz. View the match card!
Match Card

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here

Extreme Rules

Discuss the upcoming WWE PPV, Extreme Rules!
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Brad

Impact Enforces New Rule

IMPACT Wrestling instituted a new rule this week for talent that says moving forward they are only permitted to wear ‘official’ t-shirts. This means that all superstars selling t-shirts on the independent scene can no longer wear those shirts while on camera for the company.

WrestleZone.com

Does this seem fair? I understand why since a wrestler should be wearing their Impact merch on Impact shows but can also gain eyes on the company they are representing, which Impact could have a partnership with. 

This is fair enough and doesn’t seem surprising. If you’re Impact and you want to keep viewers you don’t want people wearing T-shirts that aren’t your official ones. It’s fair enough also if you want to sell your shirts elsewhere but Impact have every right to enforce this rule.

Well, I don't know if I agree with this rule from Impact. I get that they don't want them wearing unlicensed merchandise on Impact shows thats fine but keep in mind Impact doesn't pay them everything and they make more from merchandise which they create by themselves over merch that Impact makes and therefore takes a cut of. So it's hard to say if this is good or not but I do understand it from a financial and business standpoint they would want this. I guess they can still sell them but to be honest it is a bit of a cut in some people on the roster's finances. 

I mean, I see where IMPACT is coming with them using their shirts instead of IMPACT's shirts, but won't that be bad for the wrestlers if their shirt isn't there, what happens if a certain person doesn't know they have a shirt due to this rule, will the stocks go down on their shirts? 

I have no problem with this at all, A company wants to maximise its sales so It's making its talent wear their official merch. It's not like the talent isn't able to get their independent merch out anyway because most of them work indie shows and make money off them there