BrendenPlayz Survivor Series

Survivor Series is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz. View the match card!
Match Card

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here

Extreme Rules

Discuss the upcoming WWE PPV, Extreme Rules!
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
amai

Match of The Decade

Since the end of the decade is coming up in a few months time, the question needs to be asked: what was the Match Of The Decade

Personally I think these past few years have been the best years the business has ever seen with the amount of great matches happening all of the time.

For me, it would definitely have to be either Omega vs Okada 4 (Dominion 6.9)

Or the North American Ladder Match at NXT Takeover New Orleans

What does everyone else think?

Here is a match from earlier in the decade that can be in contention:

This is perhaps one of the best matches ever at Wrestlemania. Not as good as his WM 25 match but still pretty epic...

And I see that Crippler got to it before me. Well at least I left the match on here so take that Crippler.

I will give you 5 matches that I think will still be remembered in 20 years time because of the impact they had on the business, which needs to be if you want the match to be considered the best of the decade:

Taker vs Shawn at Mania 26

Cena vs Punk at MITB 2011

Okada vs Omega at WK 2017

Bayley vs Sasha Banks at Takeover Brooklyn 2?

A long shot, Cody vs Dustin from Double or Nothing

It's hard to answer a question like this given the drastically different styles of wrestling that exist in the world. Comparing AAA to WWE to NJPW. You can pick what you consider the match of the decade but it always feels like picking a different flavour first. 
That aside it's hard to not acknowledge Shawn Micheals vs The Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26. You could argue that their match at Wrestlemania 25 was the more technically sound wrestling match, but hell did they put on a story during their final singles match together. The intensity that the match begins with is so great and it grabbed you into the arena from home. Putting aside the return match at Crown Jewel this was a perfect way to end a legacy. 

Now after gushing about that match, my pick, within WWE at least, would be Brock Lesnar Vs. John Cena Vs. Seth Rollins - Royal Rumble 2015. 
Despite how big of a star Cena is and despite how impossibly strong Lesnar is/was booked, the match manages to ground itself enough so that all three guys have equal shine throughout.
Also Seth Rollins really stepped up that night with the role of the scavenger. Lesnar felt more like a Frankenstein that forced Cena and Rollins to team up for a lot of the match and Cena was just beginning to tap into his second life where he basically decided he was only going to have great matches whenever he wrestled. A real perfect storm of all three wrestlers being in the absolute perfect positions to wrestle each other. It also showed that Seth Rollins can hang with the top of the roster which was important. I feel like for him inside WWE this was a big telling moment for him. This isn't going to be a pick many will agree with but the match always sticks out for me.

It's a toss-up between Undertaker vs Shawn Micheals at Mania 26 or Punk vs Cena at Money The In Bank 2011. Both were great matches with hype going into them and get stories behind the match and both of the matches were amazing hence why I am putting it on this topic lol.

My personal pick would have to be HBK vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26 for multiple reasons however the main one being for me it’s the single match I’ve cared about the most in terms of emotions and no match since has given me that same feeling nor any match before