BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Watch Here

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Crown Jewel

WWE returns to Saudi Arabia LIVE on the WWE Network.
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • WWE 2k20 content coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!

Well now that Moxley is out and PAC has replaced him I don't know if I'm more or less excited. Sure, it's really sad that Mox had to dip out with just over a week left before the event, but Omega vs PAC...good lord that'll be great. Sure, there's not as much story behind it but I think holding off Mox and Omega is probably a good thing, it'll be really big once the time comes. It could also play into Mox's character as a heel cause he skipped the match (maybe they say he's scared?). As for the match as it is now, it should be absolutely fantastic. I'm predicting it'll be match of the night, even if it's predictable that Omega will beat PAC since he's lost DG's main title. Nevertheless, this should be a high paced masterpiece and I don't have a doubt in my mind it could rival one of Omega and Okada's matches.

I’m sad that Moxley had to pull out of this event but if anyone was going to replace him I’m glad it’s PAC. The match might actually turn out to be better and it’ll be good to have Omega vs Moxley after their TV debut since they can actually start building to their match regularly instead of once a month or so. 

Obviously his health is the priority and from what I understand, MRSA isn't to be taken lightly. I wish him all the best in getting better. This sucks. Was hoping it to be nothing serious and to be rested for next week but what can you do, I hope he heals well after surgery. I'm just afraid now of the possible repercussion of this, like AEW not letting their talent work outside the company anymore which honestly as the company grew i expected to happen anyway but after his NJPW contract ends we might see the door shit for the talents.

Really unfortunate that Mox is out of the match but as Brenden stated PAC is still a really good replacement although having Moxley there would have been a lot better in my opinion. The injury he has apparently got infected while working in Japan, so it will be interesting to see how AEW responds to this especially given that Moxley was working for promotion that wasn't theirs. Might sour the relationship if there's any in the first place with New Japan 

Honestly could be a good thing for AEW here. PAC vs Omega will be a great match at All In. This will allow the Omega and Moxley feud to have an even better story. With All Out selling out anyways it will allow them to have Omega and Moxley at an another event down the line which will likely help it sell out once again.

AEW is now a week away from their big All Out pay-per-view event, but they just experienced two big setbacks.

Jon Moxley announced yesterday that he cannot compete in his scheduled match against Kenny Omega. This was a big disappointment, but he will be ready for AEW’s debut on TNT. Now Fenix is injured as well.

The Lucha Bro was injured at a Big Time Wrestling event in Pawtucket, Rhode Island last night. Fenix and Pentagon Jr were facing Juventud Guerrera and Teddy Hart when something went wrong. Fenix superkicked Hart and then he picked up Juventud before collapsing in the ring.

Fenix grabbed his leg and rolled out of the ring before waving for assistance. The match carried on without Fenix. F4WOnline reports that the early prognosis is that Fenix had a serious leg injury, however, he was walking on it later on. 

Fenix will have his leg evaluated later this week and is hoping that it is only a sprain. The Lucha Bros have a ladder match against The Young Bucks for the AAA Tag Team Titles at All Out. Everyone is hoping that Fenix doesn’t have to miss the match.

Hopefully he turns out to be all good for All Out as I really want to see that match

First Moxley, and nearly Fenix. AEW are really lucky this time around since apparently Fenix wrestled the night after. The policy of AEW at the moment allowing talent to wrestle elsewhere is fine but they shouldn't let their talent wrestle for other promotions right before a major pay per view. The week of especially. All Out is a week from today and already one of the matches on the card had to get changed due to medical reasons. I wonder if the stipulation of the tag team match might change now.

Looking forward to tonight. This will be the biggest night for AEW so far and apart from their TV debut, perhaps this will be the big moment for a long time. They need a home run. They need something big to get the world talking to get them tuning in for week one. I am confident they can deliver. They don't need CM Punk showing up, but they do need for their big 3 matches to deliver. If they can do that, I think it's a safe bet their opening week will produce great numbers.

The Countdown To All Out

For those looking for more focus on the Undercard you won't find it in this video but if you watch the previous episodes on their Youtube channel you'll be filled in. The "Road to.." and now this series produced by AEW have been a great tool for anyone looking to jump into the company, the stories to get a good idea of what's going on. For TNT casual viewers this is the first time people really get an inside look at AEW. I wish there were some more on brand type stuff that actually conveyed what their vision is besides the press conference and slow mo shots of people flying in the air. But again, I get it. The nature of a show like this is to hype up for PPV buys ect.  Brandi really shines in these videos as well compared to what she has brought to TV in recent memory.

All-Out was solid. I was severely disappointed by Rhodes vs Shawn Spears as I believe that match had the best story going in, and just overall felt flat. Omega vs Pac was amazing, and was made even better by Pac making Omega tap as I think everyone expected Omega to win, and in the main event, Chris Jericho once again becoming the man in a company was great as I'm a Jericho fan, and love to see him at the top once again, plus I don't believe Adam Page was ready.

As for the rest of the card, Lucha Bros vs YB was exactly what you think when you think of them in a ladder match, spotfest, but entertaining nonetheless. The hardcore match went over well with me, and I honestly really don't care about the women. Sorry, not sorry. Overall, good enough show to get me to tune into their first show on TNT in 3 weeks.

Thought this was another really good show from AEW and they've done enough to make people tune in to their debut show come October 2nd. My favourite match was probably PAC vs Omega both men left it all out there and that surprise submission finish was awesome. Took me awhile to get into the Young Bucks vs Lucha Bros match but by the end of it they had me sold and Jericho winning the belt was an absolute success. Loved the debut of LAX and I'm looking forward to AEW on TNT 

Loved it. Now the women were eh but I like battle royals so it was not completely awful. The ladder match was entertaining for sure and the debut of LAX was great. I think they should be one of the top teams in AEW at least for now. I really enjoyed the triple threat had some great spots in that match. PAC vs Omega was my favorite of the night and it was surprising to see PAC win but I am all for PAC getting a push right off the bat. Jericho winning the title was a great decision and I liked the match. Overall a pretty solid show looking forward to seeing them on TV in the near future.

Okay first off, I'm already severely disappointed with AEW's Women's Division. The belt is ugly but that's unrelated. So they had a loaded BR full of great women's talent, and instead we get that 92 Rumble finish with NYLA ROSE WINNING?? Nyla is a transgender and to me it seems pretty obvious they'll make Nyla the first champ for some good pr. And if they don't that means we would be stuck with Riho, who I said last night is not believable to me at all. She's tiny and watching the match last night, she looked like she didn't belong in the ring, her attire is shite. I like Hikaru Shida and I would have been OKAY with her being the inaugural champ, but we get another miracle Riho win, because winning all your matches by roll ups totally makes you look credible. Bea vs Britt should have been the first Women's World Championship feud rather than this crap and I'm not looking forward to this match. Not to mention Kylie Rae was released and she was easily one of the best in the division so that's a big loss.

I'm also mildly worried about the tag division. I thought it was cool AEW wanted to present all 3 division as equals and with the bucks being EVP's that of course would mean tag teams would be treated properly. Private Party vs Angelico and Jack Evans was not interesting at all to me, just lots of spots and stuff with no meaning. Also I really don't get why people like Private Party as much as they do yet. They're alright but I can't help but to draw comparisons to the superior Street Profits. I just don't want the entire tag division to be always like that. Obviously there are teams not like that such as Dark Order but there's a reason that The Revival is my favorite tag team. I was also confused by Jack Evans and Angelico's "heel turn" because I thought it was pretty obvious they were working heel in the triple threat tag as well as this one, so I thought they were already heel. 

The six man tag match was a pretty good match. SCU is great as always and I really like the pairing of Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus. I do think it's a little weird to have Marko with them as well, I don't think he fits the dynamic as well as just the two of them. I think it's great how popular Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus are and the two of them canbe really special both together and separately I think. There are multiple ways to build a great story with them and I really look forward to their journeys in AEW.

PAC vs Omega was definitely one of the better matches. It was a bit annoying how much pausing there was between spots but I suppose that is better than trying to rush it and hurting themselves. I was legit shocked by the fact that PAC won and by submission no less. Kenny took a nap so I wonder what their plans for him are since he's lost twice. Definitely won't be getting a title shot soon. I guess we'll get a real nice longer term story with him than I thought because I figured we would get Kenny vs Jericho III very quickly over the belt. Who knows, once tv gets rolling, we'll see how they handle him. Very excited for PAC, they teased Page vs PAC on the postshow so maybe we get it at Full Gear. Really hope so cuz the match in England wasn't bad at all and it needs to happen at an AEW event. 

The Cracker Barrel Clash had some cool spots. Generally, hardcore stuff isn't something I'm in to, especially when they're using staple guns and biscuit filled barrels, but I surprisingly did not completely hate it. I mean, I don't exactly like Janela or Havoc so Darby was really the guy I was watching for. 

I hate the Dark Order gimmick. The creepers look like gimps and I don't understand why they have minions. I don't like it. Also Evil Uno is kinda shite. Really like Trent, I always feel like he could have broken out alone but I guess him and Chuck really are best friends if he's let himself been dragged down by him for so long. But we need teams and they're a good team together so whatever. At least AEW seems to be building up Dark Order but I hope they aren't supposed the be their top heel team moving forward. I guess given the debut later tonight they'll be number two heel team but still. The match was probably my least favorite but I liked the Orange Cassidy debut. I'm interested to see exactly how he will fit into AEW given his gimmick. I know he can actually work and isn't limited to just goofy stuff so hopefully he doesn't do the slow motion stuff and whatnot every again in an AEW ring. 

Cody vs Shawn Spears was the match with the best story heading in but honestly I was a little disappointed. The match itself was good and I loved the Arn Anderson appearance to death, but I really think Shawn should have won the match. I just felt really unsatisfied with Shawn losing. And Tully chasing after Arn or whatever seemed really dumb to me as well. Now I wonder where Shawn goes from here because losing to Cody makes him really just seem like a "good hand" again. They could have made Shawn a top guy right then and there by having him beat Cody, didn't even have to be clean since he's heel. Also, no more MJF in a Star Trek costume ever again please.

The ladder match for the AAA Tag Titles was a good match, I think maybe their best encounter cuz it really played into their spot fest styles of course. I saw many saying this was MOTN and should have been the main over the world title which I think is a baffling train of thought. Imagine if they had another company's tag titles main event over their first world title match ever. And I didn't think the match was nearly as good as people were saying. I felt like it was weird they seemed to not want to save each other from getting hit by major moves and instead were going by the logic of 'you hurt my brother, I hurt yours too'. That said, a good match with good spots. The highlight for me was another debut happening after a tag match when LAX attacked them. LAX are easily contenders for first ever tag team champions if they haven't already come up with a solid inaugural team yet. Awesome debut for them.

For me, my favorite match from this night was easily the main event. Hangman Adam Page vs Chris Jericho to determine the first ever AEW World Champion. I don't really have much to say except I loved the match, probably the second best match in the company's short history besides Cody vs Dustin in my opinion. Adam looked absolutely fantastic even in loss while Chris Jericho made history and I think is the right man to lead the company at the start of tv. I have no doubt Page will wind up becoming a big star in the future and I look forward to seeing that but for now I'm gonna enjoy The Painmaker's World Championship reign.

Image result for chris jericho