BrendenPlayz Survivor Series

Survivor Series is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz. View the match card!
Match Card

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here

Extreme Rules

Discuss the upcoming WWE PPV, Extreme Rules!
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Arius

Slammiversary XVII Discussion

Related image

Date: July 7, 2019

Announced Matches: 

Impact World Championship: Brian Cage (c) vs. Michael Elgin     
Impact X Division Championship: Rich Swann (c) vs. Johnny Impact
Moose vs. Rob Van Dam
 Four-way Monster's Ball match for the Impact Knockouts Championship: Taya Valkyrie (c) vs. Rosemary vs. Su Yung vs. Jessicka Havok
Impact Tag Team Championship: The Latin American Xchange (Santana, Ortiz) (with Konnan) (c) vs. vs. The Rascalz (Dezmond Xavier, Trey Miguel) (with Zachary Wentz)
Sami Callihan vs. Tessa Blanchard    

The card looks very good at the moment, Cage vs Elgin is just Goliath vs Goliath and I love it so much, Rich vs Impact is a great X Division match for the Title, Moose vs RVD is also a good match, the big strong youth vs the high flyer veteran, very exciting for that, don't know the people in the Monsters Ball and don't care for the Women's match

As much as I enjoy watching IMPACT, aside from the current final run of RVD, I'm starting to get a little  tired of the ECW Legends taking up TV time that could be used to showcase other talent on the roster. So i'm glad as of right now they don't seem to be involved with the PPV. I hope they can move on from here on out. His match against Moose could be fun. . I've been enjoying Moose since he turned heel. His work with Kross. Now his conflict with The Rascal recently.
I'm curious to see if IMPACT will actually move the championship off of Cage this quickly. All this talk about Elgin moving to Impact for an opportunity so it feels like the possibility is in the air.

As far as the card itself it looks like a solid event so far. I don't really care much about Jessicka Havok but she has talent so her rejoining the company and entering the championship picture isn't so bad. Jordynne Grace might've been more interesting.

The card looks very good for Impact's standards and i'm gonna watch Slammiversary if it's on FITE. The Rascalz vs. LAX is definitely gonna be a great match and probably the one i'm most excited for. Rich Swann has been doing great in Impact and i can't wait to see his match with Johnny IMPACT. 4 Way Knockouts Monster's Ball Match... i'm not sure if it's the first ever Knockouts Monster's Ball match but i'm definitely excited for it since i've loved many of the previous Monster's Ball matches that TNA/Impact has done and i'm sure i'll love this one as well. 

Slammiversary XVII took place at Gilley's in Dallas, Texas. Impact Wrestling World Champion Brian Cage defended his title on the card against former Ring Of Honor star Michael Elgin. The match went back and forth and the finish saw Cage retain his title after he pinned Elgin following a roll-up.

Elgin was bitter after the match and attacked Cage before turning his attention to Don Callis. As he was going to powerbomb Callis, a hooded figure entered the ring and mowed Elgin down. Although the hooded figure wasn't named, it was pretty clear that it was ECW and WWE legend Rhyno.

Interesting that they would main event with Blanchard vs. Callihan over the Impact World Title. I suppose it's down to the better youtube numbers, but still a little odd. Impact and Ring of Honor seem to do this quite often, where the World Title will be in the semi-main event, leaving the main event open to either the tag titles or a big non-title match. 

Not sure how this is going to do for Brian Cage's position, but Tessa Blanchard is definitely the biggest star in Impact right now. She is money.......I don't think I'd be opposed to Tessa challenging for the World Title at some point.....hmmm, something to ponder.

Meanwhile with Elgin, regardless on the chatter around his out-of wrestling personality and doings, in the ring, he is a brilliant hoss wrester. He's a solid get for Impact and hopefully continues to be featured prominently. 

looking at reviews for the show and highlights on youtube, didn't seem that bad of a show. Tessa vs Sami seems questionable over there world title match. Tessa may be one of the best women's wrestler today and she's the biggest star from Impact at the moment. Impact just needs a better TV deal, they have the roster, they have a decent product from what i heard, now they just need secure a good tv deal to showcase what they have.

I think one of the most interesting takes out of this show was Rhino appearing under the mask even though he is still under contract with the WWE. I don't know if WWE are going to take any action, they might because they are really petty but this is definitely a situation to be monitored for the future. Things could get interesting 

I thought every match ranged from good to really great. The North made a fan of me with that performance. They're like the Bash Brothers from the Mighty Ducks movies, total goons, but they are light on their feet! I wanted the Rascalz to win but I'm not mad at the result at all. Santana got hurt unfortunately (Kayfabe or otherwise i'm not sure at the moment, it's one way to keep them looking good if it was staged), but the other 5 wrestlers improvised well afterwards. 

Killer Kross is a legit nutcase. Kross against Edwards had some creativity and for a first blood match it invited an absolute beating from each other. This was exactly what I wanted from their match and they delivered. Kross definitely could have used the big win, but he's made it quite clear that he wants out of IMPACT, so I wasn't at all surprised by the result.
I was nervous that Moose wouldn’t go over after they hyped RVD’s return a lot, but that wasn’t the case. RVD looked alright but i feel the match went on too long for RVD. The commentators mentioned that this could be the start of a World Championship push for Moose so heres hoping?

The Knockouts Monster Ball might've been my favourite match. The spot where Taya was slamming the face of Rosemary into the tacks was intense. I missed seeing that Taya. She was that intense when she first came to Lucha Underground. I remember how she showed no fear in attacking Brian Cage. One time she climbed up the side of a cage while carrying a chair. Once inside of the cage she produced several weapons that were either in her boots or strapped to her legs. All Havok's piledriver to Yung onto the tacks. They all killed themselves for this match and i appreciate it.
Say what you will about IMPACT not having any momentum these days compared to what they used to but they never cease to knock it out of the park with their pay-per-views and story progression. Now if they can just land a better television deal...