BrendenPlayz NXT Takeover XIII

NXT Takeover XIII is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz.
Coming Soon

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

Summerslam

Discuss the biggest event of the Summer in WWE, Summerslam!
Discuss Here

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Sameer

Sameer's NBA Talk Show

Strong list can't fault it to be honest although I'm not sure if someone like Kevin Love can remain up there for that long. I wan't to get your thoughts on the NBA introducing the flag challenge for coaches. Do you think that this could limit player like James Harden from getting excessive foul calls, or do you think nothing much will change as a result of it?

Three Parts for todays post lets start off with the HUGE NEWS 

RUSSELL WESTBROOK IS NOW APART OF THE HOUSTON ROCKETS. 

D_PDGRyVUAAB_Vh.jpg

I like this move for the Rockets, Westbrook is way better than Chris Paul right now. I think they will be able to sort there play styles out and work well together, They are two old teammates that have struggled to win a championship since parting ways after they lost to the Heat in 2012. So since they have been teammates before I think that's why they will fit in well also they are trying to both win a championship. I think the only thing I am not really sold on is Mike D'Antoni being the coach for this team. Houston will be a threat to the west and the whole league. I think they will be title contenders. Obviously I think it will be Westbrook that will have to take a lesser role on this team and I think he's out to prove people wrong about him being a horrible teammate.

THANK YOU D'ANGELO RUSSELL FOR EVERYTHING 

source.gif   

D'Angelo Russell, I just want to thank you for what you did for Brooklyn. You brought back a culture to a dead team that wasn't in the playoff prediction and out to be one of the worst teams in the NBA. You broke out and give everything to the city of Brooklyn. You are the reason that Free Agents thought about coming to Brooklyn getting Kyrie and Kevin Durant was all because of you and I won't forget all the memories I had watching you this season. I wish there was a way to keep you, Hell I'd even choose you over Kyrie because I am that bias towards you. I wish you all the best in Golden State, Keep being that killa I saw.

ON TO @Julius's question 

18 hours ago, Julius said:

I wan't to get your thoughts on the NBA introducing the flag challenge for coaches. Do you think that this could limit player like James Harden from getting excessive foul calls, or do you think nothing much will change as a result of it?

I've heard a little bit of this and I really kind of have mixed opinions on it. I think it will take away from the game but although I think it will be good for plays like we saw in that one game where Kevin Durant was clearly out of bounds and the refs didn't call it. I don't think it will stop Harden from getting foul calls. Maybe one or two a game but nothing HUGE.

I hope that answers your question if you have anymore please go ahead and ask that applies for everyone 

maxresdefault.jpg

Now I know we talked about Russell Westbrook going to the Rockets but we didn’t talk about the other point guard, Chris Paul that was in the trade. He is clearly on the decline and has a massive contract but I still think there is a team that would be interested in trading for him as they are in a win now mode and that is the Miami Heat.

T46-1.jpg

Now I think this is the best place for Paul to content and I have heard that the Heat have interest in Chris Paul despite his huge contract and they could get a trade done. I doubt the thunder care about keeping him as they are in a huge rebuild now The Heat just got Jimmy and it seems like they are looking to contend so I think this would be a move that they would do and not regret because they are trying to make the playoffs and this would help them. I think this would push them to be at most a 2nd round exit. I feel for CP3 tho man just wanted to win a ring and it looks like it'll never happen :( 

All Duo's ranked without INJURIES 

98debfc14ce5f18100c97e024a53f2e5.png

I wanna know your thoughts on my list and if you were to change anything what would you change on my list? 

The Last Picture on the fail to make playoffs tier is Randle and RJ Barret from the Knicks 

Also I really think this year is unpredictable of who is going to win the NBA Championship so I didn't put one on that tier

Love how the Hornets have their own tier, that team is complete shit and they deserve all the L’s they get. For the rest, I agree with about 90% of it I just dont think with the West getting better the Spurs make the playoffs. LA is getting old and DeRozan is very one dimensional 

Philly arent a playoff contender for me. I see them as a regular season team, their young core just cant do it in the playoffs and they will struggle to get of the east again this year, with either the Bucks or Nets taking them down imo. Also as Julius said I dont think the Spurs will make the playoffs. I would say that one of the LA teams will win the NBA.

I think Chicago will be a playoff this year but I am a little bias to them. I think that because I believe Lauri gonna take the next step and average 21 PTS, 8 Rebounds, 6 Assists. I would move down Dallas because we don’t know what porzigod is going to be able to do.

On 7/17/2019 at 11:19 PM, Julius said:

I'd love to see a Summer League recap and your opinions on who stood out in your eyes during the Summer League 

Just for you, I went ahead and watched some of the Summer League Games from teams I thought have some bright talent yesterday and I will list 3 players for you. 

1. Brandon Clarke (Memphis Grizzles)

Brandon_Clarke_Grizzlies_2019_AP.jpg

This dude let his team to the Summer League Championship,winning finals mvp and MVP of the regular season. I think he's got a bright future and was a nice steal were the grizzles picked him at. Him and Ja gonna be fire. 

2. Tyler Herro (Miami Heat)

giphy.gif

This was a real suprise for me to be honest, I thought the Heat fucked up not picking Kevin Porter Jr which most of there fans wanted them to pick. But in the Summer League this dude was balling. He averaged around 20,4,4. I think he has a bright future and seeing some of the highlights he is not afraid to shoot from deep which I like that he is confident. Pat Riley picked a good one.

3. Jaxson Hayes (New Orleans Pelicans) 

tenor.gif?itemid=14521907 

That dunk was insane, I was on IG and saw it on my feed. Jaxson made all nba second team in the summer league and he kinda reminds me of Jarrett Allen. Fast Mobile Center that can get crazy dunks and block shots with ease.  

I said Herro was gonna be good when he got drafted got a gut feeling. Only got the feeling twice during the draft and the last was Devin Booker, so my guts been good to me. For Hayes I think him and Zion will be a scary pairing going forward down low and Brandon Clarke impressed me alot. Him and Ja are something for the Grizzles to look forward to along with Jackson Jr. But good work Sameer keep it up. Looking forward to more.

Top 10 Duos in the NBA

(Without Injuries)

10. Donvon Mitchell and Rudy Gobert

931045854.jpeg&c=sc&w=850&h=560

Donvon Mitchell and Rudy Gobert are a very young duo and very talented hence why they are in the top 10. They have a playoff win to their belt and a 50 win plus season the reason I put Gobert over Conley is because Gobert and Mitchell have played togethor and Conley will have a lesser role on this team. Like I said they are very young and after this upcoming season could definitely go up the list.

9. Nikola Jokic and Jamal Murray

usa_today_9717025.0.jpeg

The sky is the limit for these two if I am being honest, Jokic being arguably the best center in the league and Murray being a top 15 point guard in the league, Out of nowhere they had a break out season and where the 1st seed for most of last season. Jokic was playing at MVP level and in there first playoff run Jokic played amazing, Murray was kinda inconstant and he hurts them not being lower on the list but I think he is surely in for a break out season this year and They will go up on the list.

8. Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid 

Embiid_Simmons_1.jpeg?xThzoE9rcyPr6G5i72

Joel Embiid being one of the best centers in the league if not the best center right next to Nikola Jokic and Ben Simmons being a 6 foot 10 point guard is very scary for the league but they just don't really fit right in my opinion and I think it would be pretty easy to stop them because neither of them can really shot the ball. However I put them at 7 because they were one game away from making the Conference Finals and they lost to the team that won it all.

7. Damian Lillard and CJ McCullum

916772248.jpeg&

This season Dame and CJ proved alot of people wrong and went all they way to the Western Conferance Finals which is why they are 6th on the list, Lillard being the 3rd best point guard in the league and CJ being a borderline all-star. Now they did get swept by the warriors but what counts is that they made it there and people weren't really counting on them making it that far especially with Nurkic out of the whole playoffs.

6. Giannis Antetokounmpo and Khris Middleton 

Screen-Shot-2019-02-17-at-11.51.31-PM.pn

These two just had a 60 win season last season and made it to the eastern conference finals and were two games away from going to the finals where I think they would've won because of all the injuries to golden state. We all know what giannis is doing, MVP and DPOTY type player, Although Middleton really brings them down.

5. James Harden and Russell Westbrook

Can_the_Russell_Westbrook-James_Harden_p

After trading Chris Paul to the Thunder, The Rockets got back Russell Westbrook who was the MVP the year before Harden won it, The Talent is there and on paper they look like a great duo. If they work out and can work on the court together this is where I am putting them but if not I think they'll drop maybe a spot or two.

4. Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson 

2157889318001_4230110562001_curry-playof

There is no denying what these two can do together winning a NBA Championship and breaking the winning record in one season before Kevin Durant came to the warriors. The Splash Brother are still one of the best duos in the NBA and maybe they could be 3rd but I can't see them being higher than that.

3. Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving 

kevin-durant-kyrie-irving-nets-graphic.j

Kevin Durant was the 2nd best player in the NBA before he got injuries and this is without injuries if he comes back as the same KD we saw last year I think him and Kyrie Irving will be a deadly combo and make some real noise in the NBA. They are both great offensive players, Kevin Durant can make any shot from the court and Kyrie Irving can create and make shots for others.

2. Kawhi Leonard and Paul George

original-paul-george-and-kawhi-leonard?d

Kawhi and Paul are the best two way wings in the league and there defense will be nasty however I wouldn't put them over who is number 1 which you could probably who that is now. 

1. LeBron James and Anthony Davis 

maxresdefault.jpg

LeBron James is the best player in the world and than you pair him up with a top 6 player in the world in Anthony Davis. I really think they are the best duo in the NBA and the Pick and Roll with these two will be unstoppable. I know this doesnt have anything to do with duos but I have them winning the NBA Finals this year. 

Good to see that you are still putting out content during this dead period of the NBA. In full agreement with what you have said in this list even though some people have been underestimating LeBron and AD which is just absolutely criminal. Now I wan't to get your thoughts on the FIBA World Cup which is happening at the end of this month. Will the US cruise to victory or do you see an outsider team taking the victory?

The Shot that ended the OKC Thunder's chances of winning with Russell Westbrook

ik you will like this @Ropati4

giphy.gif

Russell Westbrook never really had playoff success with the Thunder after Kevin Durant left the team. Every year was a 1st round exist and disappointing. Damian Lillard ended it all for the Thunder. Them losing made Paul George request a trade to the Clippers while they traded Russ to the Rockets. Meanwhile Damian Lillard made it to the western conference finals where his team would lose to the warriors which he could've won they were up in most of those games but that is a discussion for another day. In the off-season Lillard was due for a contract extension and he got the bag big time.

1cdc6e5872f89af9875acf39fc65e4a5.png

This man is getting paid up to 54 million when is the 34 years old now that's a dream. However this could bite the Blazers in the long run but he deserved it due to being loyal and etc. It'll be weird to see Russ in a rockets jersey this year I really do hope the best for him but I just don't see him winning a championship especially with the stacked western conference neither do I see Lillard winning a championship either. Anyways I think it was time for the Thunder to restart this is their first really rebuild as being the Thunder. It'll be fun to see what happens and if Sam Presti can do what he did before and draft amazing talent again.  

On 8/6/2019 at 7:43 AM, Julius said:

Good to see that you are still putting out content during this dead period of the NBA. In full agreement with what you have said in this list even though some people have been underestimating LeBron and AD which is just absolutely criminal. Now I wan't to get your thoughts on the FIBA World Cup which is happening at the end of this month. Will the US cruise to victory or do you see an outsider team taking the victory?

Also for your question I forgot to include in the post above I think that the USA team will win despite stars backing out of it. I really don’t see any other team coming close to the talent they have on the roster but of course there’s always a chance they lose in a upset victory.