BrendenPlayz Survivor Series

Survivor Series is coming soon to Universe Mode on BrendenPlayz. View the match card!
Match Card

Chat on Discord!

Join the BrendenPlayz discord channel and chat with fellow members!
Join

BPZ vs Twitch on Total Extreme Wrestling!

Watch your very own wrestler come to life in the BPZ vs Twitch mod on Total Extreme Wrestling. How will your career fair when you are put against the very best in the BPZ Universe.
Watch Here

Extreme Rules

Discuss the upcoming WWE PPV, Extreme Rules!
Discuss Here
News Ticker
  • Survivor Series coming soon to BrendenPlayz
  • Create your own wrestling character and join all the fun in the "Kayfabe" section! Ask a moderator for more details
  • Watch your very own created wrestler be booked on the BPZ vs Twitch series! Available on BrendenPlayz' Twitch Channel
  • Remember to join the discord chat and keep the discussion going!
  • New to the forums? Introduce yourself!
Sign in to follow this  
Arius

AEW World Championship Discussion

AEWTitleMain.jpg
Unveiled on May 25, 2019 at AEW's inaugural event Double or Nothing, it will be the top championship of AEW. The inaugural champion will be determined in a match between Chris Jericho and "Hangman" Adam Page at All Out on August 31, 2019

Here is a place to discuss the current champion, what you think of him, how you view the AEW World Championship and if you like the rivalry currently happening over it.

Current Champion: To Be Determined 
Former Champion: N/A
Won At: N/A

Jericho and Page, one looks like a horse and the other looks like sandpaper. As much as they're building towards Hangman being a top name in the company, there's so much value in having Jericho as your first world champion. The mainstream appeal he'd bring to the company will be integral to opening up the name of AEW and other superstars to the mainstream American audience. Even if Jericho cannot go nearly as well as he used to be, he is still the pick to win the world championship. I can't wait to see how it looks on his waist.

I'm very excited for Page and Jericho at All Out, Imo I feel that Jericho is gonna win the title since he is the veteran and can give some worth to the title, what match I'm expecting, I'm expecting a very hard hitting match maybe a Falls Count Anywhere match since Jericho is more used to the extreme matches these days. 

As I and many others have stated before, I think if you want AEW to seem like a legit company and a competitor to WWE you have to put the championship on one of its biggest names and that is Chris Jericho. He doesn't have to hold it for long but he just needs to be the first to give the company some credibility. I like Hangman Page I think he can be a good prospect for the future but right now they need a star like Chris Jericho to be the face of the company. Looking forward to the match 

When the championship was first revealed at Double or Nothing i wasn't a fan of the logo being plastered on the front as i felt it just didn't mesh well with the rest of the front plate. As i've let it sit with my i've gotten used to it but i still feel the lettering font doesn't suit it's position. The rest of the belt itself though is beautiful. It's taken inspiration from the IWGP Championship which is good thing. Championships within wrestling the last 5 or so years have really taken a step into a new direction in major companies and independent companies.
Hopefully the AEW sideplates are temporary until a champion is crowned.